The Case for Eddie Howe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After taking half a foot into the Wilder in camp these last 2 performances have sent me the other way.
I cannot watch this Pulis-ball in the Championship. I can’t listen to the constant sniping against a board that had backed him very well. I can’t listen to arrogance of a man who will not own his mistakes and instead just try deflection tactics.

That mini-revival is over. This is an SOS for you Eddie. Please answer it.

Agree with the first bit. I'm also fed up of how Wilder makes petty snipes at the board re: JTW budget when a year before he was on record as saying "if we looked relegated I'd tell them to keep their hand in their pockets".

But if you think Wilder has been wasteful with money then I can't see how Eddie Howe could be our saviour. Bournemouth blew outrageous sums of money on Ibe, Solanke, Danjuma & Lerma.

Frying pan to the fire springs to mind.

Agree with the first bit. I'm also fed up of how Wilder makes petty snipes at the board re: JTW budget when a year before he was on record as saying "if we looked relegated I'd tell them to keep their hand in their pockets".

But if you think Wilder has been wasteful with money then I can't see how Eddie Howe could be our saviour. Bournemouth blew outrageous sums of money on Ibe, Solanke, Danjuma & Lerma.

Frying pan to the fire springs to mind.
Bournemouth have a bit of a different model to us.
also, Lerma is a decent player. Solanke has more prem goals that Brewster and having a good season this year.

Whether it’s Wilder, Howe or someone else we need a DoF of some sorts

Bournemouth have a bit of a different model to us.
also, Lerma is a decent player. Solanke has more prem goals that Brewster and having a good season this year.

Whether it’s Wilder, Howe or someone else we need a DoF of some sorts

Again, agree with the DoF remark. Logic would suggest that Van Winkel would assume such a role which I guess would be too much to Wilders already beaten pride. But CW isn't in a position to throw his weight around anymore so I hope he can show some humility as we approach next season in the championship.

There's not many better suited, available managers at the moment. I'm sure there is an Aldi version of Klopp that is tearing the arse out of the German or Belgian 2nd Division but dismantling the culture of the club isnt necessary after it's been so effective for such a long time.

Ideal scenario for me - Wilder accepts his failings, removes the chip off his shoulder and can feel reenergised about getting us back to the Premier League.

Again, agree with the DoF remark. Logic would suggest that Van Winkel would assume such a role which I guess would be too much to Wilders already beaten pride. But CW isn't in a position to throw his weight around anymore so I hope he can show some humility as we approach next season in the championship.

There's not many better suited, available managers at the moment. I'm sure there is an Aldi version of Klopp that is tearing the arse out of the German or Belgian 2nd Division but dismantling the culture of the club isnt necessary after it's been so effective for such a long time.

Ideal scenario for me - Wilder accepts his failings, removes the chip off his shoulder and can feel reenergised about getting us back to the Premier League.
I could name 6 managers currently in charge of Championship clubs who I’d rather have than the 2020 onwards version of Chris Wilder

I don’t understand why you think Howe is the second coming of Carlo Ancelotti. You are the only person I’ve ever spoken to who thinks he would be out of our reach 😂

im just being realistic.

your been delusional if you think that he would touch bevause any appointment if we made 1. which i wouldnt unless we going badly in 12 months. would be with a season of the championship in mind. Eddie Howe is 1 brightest England managers. wont go to a team that has 1pt from 12 games
View attachment 100519

in the same way that if Pixie Lott or Zara Larsson was single. i wouldnt be loser or defeatist to know that they were out of my league. i would be realistic & aware of my limits

He's out of a job after relegation for crying out loud.

As for being on the England manager betting, he's English and managed in the PL. of course he's on the list.

shame he banned as i going to quite enjoy, having the last laugh

Nah Howe isn't for us. Him and Bournemouth were a good fit. It just worked for them. He's failed everywhere else.

Nah Howe isn't for us. Him and Bournemouth were a good fit. It just worked for them. He's failed everywhere else.
You mean he failed once, at Burnley, ten years ago.
By failed you mean he didn't get them promoted to the Premier League from the Championship.
He only finished mid-table; and for further clarity this is ....with Burnley.

Interesting one Howe to Celtic.
Fairly far north if he doesn’t like the north!

Disappointing. But if we were in for him, and it sounds like we were, it's the right level of ambition.

On to the next.

Slavisa, come home...

Celtic are my second team.but none the less I'd rather he went there than here

Can't.see him working out in his next job at all

Blessin is your man if you look for a new manager. He was the assistant at Leipzig. He now manages oostende and he turned a bunch of crap and unknown players (everyone’s relegation favorite) into a Leipzig look a like with non stop high pressing high tempo game and he is achieving good results with very limited player material. You can immediately recognize his style of play and he combines it with results. I am very impressed by this guy. Everyone can manage the big clubs but to transfer a small team with limited funds in a high press high tempo machine, not many can do that.
Warming to this idea, strangely. I'd feel secure in the Jokanovic approach but I also note he's not around for too long either. I'm not keen on us doing something on the cheap for the sake of it being on the cheap.

However, we're all in favour of quality scouting that plucks a lesser known gem from somewhere unexpected.

Why should this not apply to the coaching side? Hands up who had heard of Valerian Ismael a year ago?

If we've picked him out due to detailed research and excellent feedback by those they know him then this could be exciting. If it's just because Belgium is seen as a cheaper recruitment ground and he'll be grateful then of course this is a different slant.

Cautious yes, but I am interested to see what a slightly more extensive recruitment policy may bring. The last window showed that we'd just simply gone to that well once too often and weren't getting good value anymore.

Back
Top Bottom