The Case for Eddie Howe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it still a no?

After a brief bit of optimism after Brighton, Chris has managed to bore me to death once more. Brilliant stuff.

Bring in Eddie, Sir Alex and Pep all at the same time.... what are they gonna do?

Exactly zero, the players are done, they have no confidence at all, changing the manager aint gonna do a thing.

Surely there's some up-and-coming German manager in the Austrian league that we can poach before Southampton or Brentford do?

eddie howe would be a fantastic manager. ive never disputed this as ive said before i think he could be a future england manager. but its takes 2 to tango. you cant force a manager to sign it against his will

id love to shag rita ora. but both are very unlikely to happen

Good manager, but I don't think it's realistic. If Wilder goes, I suspect his replacement is going to be more in the Mark Hughes/Alan Pardew journeyman mould, rather than somebody other clubs actually want. Howe ain't moving to Sheffield to manage in the Championship.

Last seen helping relegate Bournemouth. Doesn’t fancy life in the north after Burnley. Next suggestion
Plenty of good managers have got relegated, but we are creating records

That was 7 years ago, and at a time when his mum had just passed away while he was in Burnley. I can kinda understand it

Good manager, but I don't think it's realistic. If Wilder goes, I suspect his replacement is going to be more in the Mark Hughes/Alan Pardew journeyman mould, rather than somebody other clubs actually want. Howe ain't moving to Sheffield to manage in the Championship.
Oh no. Please.

Plenty of good managers have got relegated, but we are creating records

That was 7 years ago, and at a time when his mum had just passed away while he was in Burnley. I can kinda understand it
Let’s assume his stance is the same and he doesn’t fancy moving north to a struggling premier league club that’s looking doomed. Who would we go for then? Be careful what you wish for.

eddie howe got 34 points and should have stayed up if hawk eye didn't exsist. We are only track to break derbys record. Never mind the fact he kept them midtable for several seasons and also finished a high off 9th and took Bournemouth from a even lower place Wilder to Blades.

Let’s assume his stance is the same and he doesn’t fancy moving north to a struggling premier league club that’s looking doomed. Who would we go for then? Be careful what you wish for.
I don’t know, likely a foreigner, but the harsh truth is nobody could do any worse. 2 points by 2020, unbelievable

While in terms of league position and status under Adkins, we were at an all time low but at the very least we had a team that scored the odd goal and won the odd game which gave Wilder some remnants to work with, at least knowing who to keep and who to shift.

Problem is now that the mess we're in is one that he's central to and probably can't see the woods for the trees because it's difficult to be able to stand back and look yourself in the mirror to say "how have I managed to fuck this up?". If (when) we go down, and he leaves at whatever point that comes, only then will he be able to stand back and see where things went wrong because in the here and now in the goldfish bowl that he and all other managers work in, there isn't time to do that.
Everything we've been trying so far just hasn't worked. He says it's not the system but we've been persisting and nothing has changed. If we lost games 3-2 instead of 3-0, we'd at least know where our weaknesses are. With 1 point in 12 games, what's the harm in going 4 at the back and trying to attack?

The journey we've come on under Wilder has been undeniable but is the only thing keeping him here alongside the fact that if he was to be sacked, who would we get and who would want the job in these circumstances? Any other manager with the record we've got would shown be the door.

Leicester sacked Ranieri after winning the league so Chris Wilder isn't immune
What happens if CW takes us back to L1, like Northamton in the 1960's.

What happens if CW takes us back to L1, like Northamton in the 1960's.

Well if he does at least the pigs will be there before us.

Eddie Howe is the stereotypical Southerner, a bit like Matt Le Tissier even though he's from Jersey or wherever.

He can't function north of Reading, wouldn't go North of Reading.
He did it once and hated it and he'll never come back again

Wilders made the job watertight. Who the fuck in their right mind would want to take-over? Best tactics he's demonstrated in the past 9 months.
Loads of managers once we’re relegated. We’ll go into a league dependent on hand outs who’ll still be suffering from the lack of income from this season and last, even if fans are allowed back by then, with parachute payments, three strikers who’ve previously scored loads in the championship (plus Didsy) and quite a few players who are good enough for a promotion challenge, we might even be able to keep JOC, maybe Egan, probably Basham. I don’t think we’ll be crippled by wages like the more established clubs are when they go down.

We’ll be in a better position than we would have been if we’d not been promoted and we’d spent the last two seasons in the championship (if we’d even managed to stay in the championship with two owners who didn’t want to put money in). I think there’d be plenty of managers who’d fancy a crack at managing us.

Could Newcastle Be Ready Join Celtic In The Race To Sign Eddie Howe As Manager ?---- no coz hes waiting for job in the south apprantly.

Could Newcastle Be Ready Join Celtic In The Race To Sign Eddie Howe As Manager ?---- no coz hes waiting for job in the south apprantly.
That only makes sense if Newcastle sign him.
And Scotland =/= the north of England.

After taking half a foot into the Wilder in camp these last 2 performances have sent me the other way.
I cannot watch this Pulis-ball in the Championship. I can’t listen to the constant sniping against a board that had backed him very well. I can’t listen to arrogance of a man who will not own his mistakes and instead just try deflection tactics.

That mini-revival is over. This is an SOS for you Eddie. Please answer it.

Loads of managers once we’re relegated. We’ll go into a league dependent on hand outs who’ll still be suffering from the lack of income from this season and last, even if fans are allowed back by then, with parachute payments, three strikers who’ve previously scored loads in the championship (plus Didsy) and quite a few players who are good enough for a promotion challenge, we might even be able to keep JOC, maybe Egan, probably Basham. I don’t think we’ll be crippled by wages like the more established clubs are when they go down.

We’ll be in a better position than we would have been if we’d not been promoted and we’d spent the last two seasons in the championship (if we’d even managed to stay in the championship with two owners who didn’t want to put money in). I think there’d be plenty of managers who’d fancy a crack at managing us.
Exactly

Back
Top Bottom