The Case for Eddie Howe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chabuddy G

Kurupt FM
Reaction score
People keep saying ‘I see people talking about Wilder leaving but there’s no viable alternative’ - I’ve got one. Eddie Howe.
For some reason some of our fans scoff at him? Eh? What’s not to like apart from him being southern?

Pros:
  • Plays attacking football, we might score 2 goals in a game and maybe more than 1 from open play every 12 games.
  • Likes players with pace, so we might see some counter attacks that don’t take the same time it takes to watch the Star Wars collection in full
  • Has plenty of PL experience, more than our club has got actually
  • Has promotion experience, shows he knows how to spend money in the leagues below in order to get over the line
  • Comes across as a likeable bloke who the players would get along with
  • Has had 2 of our most expensive players already so will know ho

Cons:
  • Southern
  • Failed at Burnley in only Northern job 7 years ago or something
  • Has a relegation on his CV (although that was double points at least, unlike what we’ll achieve)
  • Defensively Bournemouth were poor, so we might be as bad as we are now
  • Is apparently waiting for Celtic or something
  • Looks like he might burst into tears at any minute

Shouts for Big Sam, Curbishley, Redknapp, Warnock, whoever else should be laughed at rightfully.
But if we need a new manager from these shores, I don’t see a better option than South Coast Eddie.

This isn’t a Wilder out post before I get called reactionary, a pig, a doom merchant, a troll, whatever else. But when you lose 15 league games out of 16, score 1 open play goal in that time, have scored 2 goals in the calendar year 3 times, have a manager making very very bizarre decisions (that lineup yesterday ffs), and are playing football that Morecambe would turn their nose up at - I think you’re entitled to start thinking of alternatives.

South Coast Eddie, he’s the man. If he can’t do it, no one can.

Feel like he's waiting for a safer job to come along

People keep saying ‘I see people talking about Wilder leaving but there’s no viable alternative’ - I’ve got one. Eddie Howe.
For some reason some of our fans scoff at him? Eh? What’s not to like apart from him being southern?

Pros:
  • Plays attacking football, we might score 2 goals in a game and maybe more than 1 from open play every 12 games.
  • Likes players with pace, so we might see some counter attacks that don’t take the same time it takes to watch the Star Wars collection in full
  • Has promotion experience, shows he knows how to spend money in the leagues below in order to get over the line

Cons:
  • Southern
  • Has a relegation on his CV (although that was double points at least, unlike what we’ll achieve)

Shouts for Big Sam, Curbishley, Redknapp, Warnock, whoever else should be laughed at rightfully.
But if we need a new manager from these shores, I don’t see a better option than South Coast Eddie.

This isn’t a Wilder out post before I get called reactionary, a pig, a doom merchant, a troll, whatever else. But when you lose 15 league games out of 16, score 1 open play goal in that time, have scored 2 goals in the calendar year 3 times, have a manager making very very bizarre decisions (that lineup yesterday ffs), and are playing football that Morecambe would turn their nose up at - I think you’re entitled to start thinking of alternatives.

I don't want Wilder gone but if he did go it would have to be on the basis that Howe was coming in or the Prince has discovered the next Klopp or Hassenhutl in Europe and has a long term plan.

I don't want to see Chris gone to be replaced by a washed up premier league has been in what is obviously a short term panic move. And by the sounds of things the Prince doesn't want that either.

• Banned
Feel like he's waiting for a safer job to come along
Don't know if there is a safer job than trying to turn around the team with the worst points total in English professional football history, if he can't then 'well they were fucked anyway'

• Banned
I don't want Wilder gone but if he did go it would have to be on the basis that Howe was coming in or the Prince has discovered the next Klopp or Hassenhutl in Europe and has a long term plan.

I don't want to see Chris gone to be replaced by a washed up premier league has been in what is obviously a short term panic move. And by the sounds of things the Prince doesn't want that either.
Few more performances like yesterday and I don't think he's got a choice unfortunately

Pros:

Cons:
  • Southern

To be fair, it could be argued that he's only got a relegation on his CV due to the fuck up from Hawkeye too. Personally I'd be all for him.

Don't know if there is a safer job than trying to turn around the team with the worst points total in English professional football history, if he can't then 'well they were fucked anyway'
I can't see him wanting to go from relegation to potentially worse points total in PL history tbh. Doesn't do his CV any favours

We hear from the fans it is time the players showed some bollocks, you could say the same for some of our fans. Stick with what we have.
Eddie Howe although a more credible alternative than fat Sam was absolutely clueless last season with a team who arguably had better players than we did so why would he do any better than CW/AK?
Threads like these show a distinct lack of bollocks from the poster.

From this country, same.
I don't know enough about the continent to suggest alternatives we might be looking at abroad
Yep, and for every Klopp/Hassenhuttl there are 10 Lukuhay's/Carvalhal's, we're not even confident of bringing in foreign players, a manager would be a recipe for disaster.

Considering his most successful period in management has run in tandem with Bournemouth's persistent spending (and it must also be noted that they were relegated after the spending stopped), it's difficult to consider Howe being much more than a 'chequebook manager'.

How would he cope at a club with more limited resources? And what would he do with our current lot?

It's a no from me.

Do you not know how to support?
I know how to start thinking about potential alternatives to a manager that's lost 14 out of 15 league games and is on course to break the record for record low points total in English professional football. Embarrassingly shit.

I support Sheffield United, not Chris Wilder

Considering his most successful period in management has run in tandem with Bournemouth's persistent spending (and it must also be noted that they were relegated after the spending stopped), it's difficult to consider Howe being much more than a 'chequebook manager'.

How would he cope at a club with more limited resources? And what would he do with our current lot?

It's a no from me.
Limited resources? We've spent £130m in the Prem. Bournemouth didn't spend that in their first 2 seasons.

I know how to start thinking about potential alternatives to a manager that's lost 14 out of 15 league games and is on course to break the record for record low points total in English professional football. Embarrassingly shit.

That's not what I asked. Traitor.

Reactions: ZLB
Hello, you know who, here

Why would anyone want the job? Its a guaranteed relegation.

Come back when Wilders win % in his time with us falls into the low 30's, as it is it stands at 47%

Back
Top Bottom