The Blades player who made me fall in love with football was.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Len Allchurch/Alan Woodward - outfield.
Hodgy - keeper

Has to be currie loved his cocky style because he backed it up with skill

Agree, as a kid I had a pendant on my bedroom wall with the words “Currie walks on water”.
Currie acted like he was the best player in England because when he was on form he was the best player and he knew it.

Although the player that was probably my first major hero was Steve Heighway at Liverpool, then Glen Hoddle at Spurs.

Although my dad did take me to a few matches at the Lane in the late 1960s, after the matches he would tell my mum at home saying that I am not really "ready" in going to football matches. On January 3rd 1970 I stayed at home watching Grandstand (I was half watching a Rugby League match) and I was aware that the Blades had beaten Everton 2-1 (I dont think I was really aware of the difference between the FA Cup and the League). In the next day my dad watched the highlights of our win against Everton on YTV so I decided to watch it with him. I was impressed with what I saw and was aware that Colin Addison had scored the winner of the match (photo below) so he is probably the player that made me fall in love with the Blades (and football) and then after that I became a Lane regular.

index.php

I think mine is obvious. I think it stems from when he signed my United cap and he seemed to score or set up a goal every time I saw him.

Back
Top Bottom