The 5 coming in possibilitiesa

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

2 for the top of the pitch is intriguing. Im not convinced they'll both be striker. We already have 4 discounting Robbo as I think it's pretty clear he's off. Maybe 1 striker and a more attacking midfielder which I guess Burke could be classed as

We need 2 apart from McBurnie and Mousett we have no real goalscorers that will get us 5+

Dennis will be out of picture as he said 2 loans 3 permanent

See Giggseh has told Ampadu to go out on loan and get regular games. He'd be a cracking signing

Why is everyone forgetting that Dennis can also play on the right of midfield. If he comes I have him pegged for taking Lunnys spot as can't see Berge playing their again this season.

Why is everyone forgetting that Dennis can also play on the right of midfield. If he comes I have him pegged for taking Lunnys spot as can't see Berge playing their again this season.
Why is everyone forgetting that Dennis is a striker and has played on the right side of a front 3. Never on the right side of a central midfield 3.

Well that's 3/5 signed and Wilder said he will be using both English loans plus possibly a foreign loan so my maths says he's after 6?

Brewster is surely one of the English loans lined up. As for Dennis I don't see him coming in on loan.

Interesting that only Burke so far has been on international duty. Can’t remember the exact phrasing but im sure it was mentioned that couple were on international duty

I Still reckon we will make at least 6 signings. Another midfielder being the likeliest imo. We know there was interest in swift, nothing has changed (in face we have got lighter) to suggest we don’t still want a midfielder.

W e would be stupid if we didn’t use the 2 PL loans and I’m sure foreign signings have also been muted. Wilder just being cautious i reckon - but I reckon there is potential for 7 incomings.

Last edited:
Interesting that only Burke so far has been on international duty. Can’t remember the exact phrasing but im sure it was mentioned that couple were on international duty

I Still reckon we will make at least 6 signings. Another midfielder being the likeliest imo. We know there was interest in swift, nothing has changed (in face we have got lighter) to suggest we don’t still want a midfielder.

W e would be stupid if we didn’t use the 2 PL loans and I’m sure foreign signings have also been muted. Wilder just being cautious i reckon - but I reckon there is potential for 7 incomings.
Keep going and you will soon have a new eleven !

Wilder said we were close on 3. Were Bogle and Lowe the ones that were proving difficult?

If you think we’re signing more than five, you need to start losing players who are currently holding a spot in the 25.
Possibles are Lunny and Rodwell. And maybe Jags...
Waddaya think?

If you think we’re signing more than five, you need to start losing players who are currently holding a spot in the 25.
Possibles are Lunny and Rodwell. And maybe Jags...
Waddaya think?
It depends if the players coming in are under 21. For example if Ampadu and Dajaku are signed on loan they wouldn't need to be registered in the 25 man squad but could still play. Same with Bogle.

Last edited:

Wilder said the squad will be better overall than last season but will the first 11? Not seeing any evidence it will so far.

Wilder said the squad will be better overall than last season but will the first 11? Not seeing any evidence it will so far.

Presumably the loans will be players their clubs are keen to keep or we couldn’t afford to buy outright. I’d say they are more likely to be the ones improving the 11 - particularly as their parent club will be keen for them to play.

If we could add at least one Henderson quality addition in the outfield along with a fully integrated berge - I’d say that 11 looks Stronger than the start of last year.

and whatever way you cut it, injuries to the full backs and there was a huge drop off. So good quality competition was also required

My five possibilities:

Pugh, Pugh (the twins), Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub.

HH

I keep having to check that I’m on the S2 forum and not Porktalk. Why are so many on here obsessed with price of players? We’ve taken the piss out of them for years about equating cost of players and wages paid as opposed to our method of buying players to suit our system and finding gems we can develop.
If we can get a player for £5m that suits us why pay £16m for one who is arguably no better. We do not have a bottomless pit of money and need to cut our cloth accordingly.
In addition my view is you can only judge a transfer window when all the business is done and we give the players time to settle in and get up to speed.
I for one value the long term sustainability of the club and yes I do know that that is easier to guarantee in the Premier League but we do have to maintain balance. There’s too many examples of teams overspending and then spiralling downwards. Maybe it’s my age but I’d much rather we grow steadily and stay viable than spend silly money and run the risk with the club’s future.

I keep having to check that I’m on the S2 forum and not Porktalk. Why are so many on here obsessed with price of players? We’ve taken the piss out of them for years about equating cost of players and wages paid as opposed to our method of buying players to suit our system and finding gems we can develop.
If we can get a player for £5m that suits us why pay £16m for one who is arguably no better. We do not have a bottomless pit of money and need to cut our cloth accordingly.
In addition my view is you can only judge a transfer window when all the business is done and we give the players time to settle in and get up to speed.
I for one value the long term sustainability of the club and yes I do know that that is easier to guarantee in the Premier League but we do have to maintain balance. There’s too many examples of teams overspending and then spiralling downwards. Maybe it’s my age but I’d much rather we grow steadily and stay viable than spend silly money and run the risk with the club’s future.

Ain't that the truth!

Only thing I disagree with is cutting our cloth accordingly. We're adding to it accordingly and sowing on tassles, just not swapping the entire cloth for an expensive silk one we can't afford!

My west Brom pals dont rate Burke at all, in fact they said if they get robbo in a swap it would be laughable and pants down time for us.
This is just the thing I don't get.

At 23, Burke has made 2 moves which attracted a fee over 13m.

He has played 25+ gamed in the top flight in Germany, the top flight in Spain regularly and also the top flight in England as well as in the CL with Celtic and is a full international.

Don't tell me he doesn't have any redeeming features because he simply would not have picked up that degree of experience if he didn't show the capacity to be a good player. He may be in need of some love and a home but there is a player there who his shown he can operate at the top level but perhaps is missing consistency.

Meanwhile at 2 years older, 4 inches shorter, and not as quick, Robinson has only managed the 17 games at the top level that we gave him last year and was still not convincing enough to the current management team to avoid being offloaded in the January transfer window.

Whilst I was a little pessimistic about this initially, I don't see Robbo fitting in anymore this year than he did last. I do hear of attributes, which Robinson doesn't provide and which we lack, that come in the shape of Burke. Pace and Power are 2 things we need and I didn't see that from Robbo.

So whilst one may well not become a success I think Chris and Alan have already decided in their heart of hearts that the other has not done enough to show he ever will, with us. Nice lad all the same.

Not looking forward to this move. Seems like he's had several chances with other teams and still hasn't found a home. I think the physical attributes are definitely desirable, but I don't think he has the mental attributes to succeed... I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom