The 5 coming in possibilitiesa

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Matty188929

Reaction score
After what wilder said today in his interview. What players realistically do we think he is after .

He said 5 players.

Lwb, rwb, CB and 2 strikers.

With two of the players out of the 5 being on international duty. With the 2 strikers being pacey and powerful.

I think the two internationals he is after is . First connor Roberts. Whose currently with wales . RWB.

And then it's a toss up between burke and brewster. Brewster being my preferred.

I think the second striker i would like Yakou meite . But with him changing shirt number I'm not sure

That leaves a lwb and a CB. Both most likely from championship.

For the lwb he couldn't just be some run of the mill back up player. As if that was the case . RND wouldnt be loaned out as he is very talented.

Got a feeling that the lwb will be ryan manning from qpr . Versatile. Can play many positions. And at the age of 24 can get better .

Last but not least is the CB . I don't see the benefit in bringing in a CB . It it's not for bashams position. As it's the only one not covered. Wilder will expect basham to play 90 percent of the season. However a fairly decent option for cover. Could be Craig dawson . I know I know he's just been relegated, but under wilder he's the sort of player that Could perform when needed . Like craine .

Now people are probs either gonna slate my suggestions . Or guesses. But hey I'm bored. And considering we won't find out who the players are until they have signed , because Wilders keeping quiet. I thought we could discuss who we think would fit in to what he said.

I think I've got atleast 3 correct.

Last edited:

After what wilder said today in his interview. What players realistically do we think he is after .

He said 5 players.

Lwb, rwb, CB and 2 strikers.

With two of the players out of the 5 being on international duty. With the 2 strikers being pacey and powerful.

I think the two internationals he is after is . First connor Roberts. Whose currently with wales . RWB.

And then it's a toss up between burke and brewster. Brewster being my preferred.

I think the second striker i would like Yakou meite . But with him changing shirt number I'm not sure

That leaves a lwb and a CB. Both most likely from championship.

For the lwb he couldn't just be some run of the mill back up player. As if that was the case . RND wouldnt be loaned out as he is very talented.

Got a feeling that the lwb will be ryan manning from qpr . Versatile. Can play many positions. And at the age of 24 can get better .

Last but not least is the CB . I don't see the benefit in bringing in a CB . It it's not for bashams position. As it's the only one not covered. Wilder will expect basham to play 90 percent of the season. However a fairly decent option for cover. Could be Craig dawson . I know I know he's just been relegated, but under wilder he's the sort of player that Could perform when needed . Like craine .

Now people are probs either gonna slate my suggestions . Or guesses. But hey I'm bored. And considering we won't find out who the players are until they have signed , because Wilders keeping quiet. I thought we could discuss who we think would fit in to what he said.

I think I've got atleast 3 correct.

RWB: Connor Roberts
LWB: Clarke Oduor
CB: Callum Chambers (Loan)
Striker 1: Brewster (Loan)
Striker 2: Dennis

Dennis is the one that really excites me and is one where I think our contacts can influence his signing.

Cannot see us spending that sort of money on Dennis. As CW says he wants 5 players to build out the squad. My guess would be they will all be for a fee but no £20m etc

I think Connor Roberts and Yakou Meite will be two of the three we’re close to. I reckon the other is a defender. Possibly a PL one on loan but I can’t think who it might be. If not maybe it’s Odour on a permanent deal.

Brewster will be one of the other two that we’re waiting on and it might be later in the window. He mentions a left wing back as well. Haven’t a clue on that.

The fact that the identity of the players has been kept under wraps so well would indicate that they are not recognised names. But don’t despair, neither were a good few of our players.

My west Brom pals dont rate Burke at all, in fact they said if they get robbo in a swap it would be laughable and pants down time for us.

I think Connor Roberts and Yakou Meite will be two of the three we’re close to. I reckon the other is a defender. Possibly a PL one on loan but I can’t think who it might be. If not maybe it’s Odour on a permanent deal.

Brewster will be one of the other two that we’re waiting on and it might be later in the window. He mentions a left wing back as well. Haven’t a clue on that.
As of now, no bid in for Roberts.

2 for the top of the pitch is intriguing. Im not convinced they'll both be striker. We already have 4 discounting Robbo as I think it's pretty clear he's off. Maybe 1 striker and a more attacking midfielder which I guess Burke could be classed as

Can’t see us signing 2 strikers. 1 will be to replace Luke Freeman, probably Burke

Given the news from this morning these are my predictions for the 5 incoming signings
Jayden bogle (permanent) linked this morning RWB
Max Lowe (permanent) linked this morning LWB
Joe Worrall or Darragh Lennihan (permanent) linked with Worrall earlier in window can see us trying to get him. Or Lennihan since we've tried in the past CB
Oliver Burke (permanent) linked and swap deal for CR looks likely ST
That Bayern striker (forgot his name) on loan

The inference is that one is from abroad as he said that we are shopping abroad and he has had no problems integrating sander etc into the squad.
I am still hopeful of Dennis as we need someone good up top as at the moment only really have mcburnie who ticks all the boxes.
Sharp impact as getting older and slower
Moose in all honesty still a development project
Didzy creates as opposed to scores
Burke if he comes can also be seen as a development project

Wilder knows what we want and sure is on the same page, be very disappointed if we do not bring in a high value striker either permanent or on loan as this for me then balances the squad and I can see us pushing on. Without this “type” I can see us treading water

If only some could start a thread on the incoming 5 we could all put our ideas forward 🤔

The reason I started this ons instead. Is that the previous one was just speculation on wilder saying there was 5. Without any positions or info . So I started this one with the added info . As I cba to go through 100s of pages of nonscene as people stop talking about football after awhile

The inference is that one is from abroad as he said that we are shopping abroad and he has had no problems integrating sander etc into the squad.
I am still hopeful of Dennis as we need someone good up top as at the moment only really have mcburnie who ticks all the boxes.
Sharp impact as getting older and slower
Moose in all honesty still a development project
Didzy creates as opposed to scores
Burke if he comes can also be seen as a development project

Wilder knows what we want and sure is on the same page, be very disappointed if we do not bring in a high value striker either permanent or on loan as this for me then balances the squad and I can see us pushing on. Without this “type” I can see us treading water

Would love Dennis. The only reason I didn't put him in . Is because wilder in the interview only mentioned championship being a market where there is alot of talent in

Wilder literally said yesterday 2 strikers. 1 is Burke.
He a actually said two at the top of the pitch. So could be a striker and a number 10. Remember the only fully fit striker we have at the moment is Sharp

Possi Bilitiesa ?

New one on me , although he sounds Spanish / Italian which is enough to get me excited . :)

Back
Top Bottom