That's how I want to lose

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Really good thread with contributions from long term posters who have served their time in the shit of L1.

I've said before that we have plenty of wanker fans who can't wait to get on Twitter/Shoutbox calling for Wilder out, so I do fear the reaction if we lose 3 or 4 on the bounce. Having said that yesterday's performance was fine, once we'd stopped giving the ball away, and I can accept losing to a much better team, IF we give it a go.

We move on!

I think Chris Wilder will disagree with you mate and I agree with CW we were shit 1st half looked like we were chasing them around for autographs.
Yes but Chrissie is a professional and perfectionist. But as a fan you’ve got “call it” when you’ve seen a good game against good opposition. Leicester were relentless and simply didn’t give us time on the ball, which in turn made our pass selection very hurried and inaccurate. To me mistakes were inevitable.

This is how I want to lose?

NEVER FUCKING EVER WANT TO LOSE

Agree with this, I can take some positives from a defeat, but can’t enjoy it. I’m very hearten by Wilder’s reaction to the defeat, that’s a big positive from yesterday.

We could’ve easily beat Leicester yesterday, the way some are talking is like we played Man City away and got a creditable 1-2 loss. They were a decent side but nothing to be feared.

Please try and look past the frustration. If you can't enjoy days like today and appreciate where we have got to then football simply isn't for you.
We lost to a very good side and we conceded to a worldly and an individual error.

The sun was shinning, the fans were excellent, and for the most part the players put on a great display.

Is anyone to blame? Bash made a mistake but it's only because we are up against the best that they made us pay.

Did anyone have a bad game? Nope!
Freeman was outstanding (playing his normal role and trying to cover Flecks job), Egan was his usual beast self, JOC, Baldock, McGoldrick.. all of them, even the subs.

I think that's the most I've enjoyed a loss in a long long time. Keep it going and for gods sake dont start questioning Wilder and his team selections. This is our season to enjoy!

Proud of the lads, proud of the fans in the second half, and loving this season already. Chins up, on to the next!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

We lost, it didn't kill us, it made us stronger.

Just think what is happening at the Lane these days.

We are in the best League in the world, playing against multi-million pound players (and that's just their wages!).

We have a first team that has known incredible success and shouldn't be broken up until proved failing.

We have £40 million quids worth sat on the bench waiting to step in when the time is right. (£40,000,000!!!)

CWAK has to learn how to fit all this in against these amazing teams and players and that will take time.

Our players' mettle will be tested and their skills and their heart will be weighed against the opposition so that by January, we'll be ready for a second half to the season that will IMO confirm our place in the Prem, at least for next season.

It's going to be a roller-coaster season but I think an exciting and thrilling one and I've never been so ready for the challenges!

Spot on. Aside from that crazy game where we lost to Fulham 4-5, I can't remember leaving the ground in such high spirits following a loss. Just feel so proud of them.

Player in an offside position right in front of the keeper.
I didn’t think he was infront of the keeper, he wouldn’t have been able to pull a great save off otherwise. The linesman was in no position to give offside in that instance, it was inept at best.

Back
Top Bottom