That's how I want to lose

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
Please try and look past the frustration. If you can't enjoy days like today and appreciate where we have got to then football simply isn't for you.
We lost to a very good side and we conceded to a worldly and an individual error.

The sun was shinning, the fans were excellent, and for the most part the players put on a great display.

Is anyone to blame? Bash made a mistake but it's only because we are up against the best that they made us pay.

Did anyone have a bad game? Nope!
Freeman was outstanding (playing his normal role and trying to cover Flecks job), Egan was his usual beast self, JOC, Baldock, McGoldrick.. all of them, even the subs.

I think that's the most I've enjoyed a loss in a long long time. Keep it going and for gods sake dont start questioning Wilder and his team selections. This is our season to enjoy!

Proud of the lads, proud of the fans in the second half, and loving this season already. Chins up, on to the next!

Maybe being a bit over critical, but I thought Henderson could have done better with the 1st goal, I know the Pig hit it well and hard but to be beaten at the near post is a no no for keepers, think he could have gone further out to close down the angle.
Tin hat on.

Maybe being a bit over critical, but I thought Henderson could have done better with the 1st goal, I know the Pig hit it well and hard but to be beaten at the near post is a no no for keepers, think he could have gone further out to close down the angle.
Tin hat on.
I don't know about the goal but schmeichel definitely gave Henderson a master class in ball distribution

Exactly how I feel. We went toe-to-toe with a very good team and they won it with as good a strike as we’ll see all season. So far we have shown to be very competitive at this level, we will lose some to quality, but it’s an entertaining way to get beat. We’ll learn from today and come out fighting too.

Wasn’t that long ago Leicester were playing us in cup games and ripping us a new one....it’s a measure of how far we’ve come to be unlucky not to at least get a point today. I was certain that Lundstram’s shot was going in...amazing save by Schmeichel. I also bet Harvey Barnes will put the next nine shots like that over the stand.

Wasn’t that long ago Leicester were playing us in cup games and ripping us a new one....it’s a measure of how far we’ve come to be unlucky not to at least get a point today. I was certain that Lundstram’s shot was going in...amazing save by Schmeichel. I also bet Harvey Barnes will put the next nine shots like that over the stand.

Bloody Lundstram should have scored!!!!!! ;):DGerimdropped.😆

Vardy just had to score didn't he! But, so proud of how we played and the players can take much from today. McBurnie looks exactly what we knew he'd be - a real handful and teams won't handle playing against him. Egan and Baldock I thought were also class and no one played badly.

Unlucky Bash, chin up - we love you and still played well overall.

The title reflects how I feel pretty well.

I'm really quite satisfied.

It was predictable today. Everything we expected in the PL against these types of teams.

Yet we could have easily had a point. Small margins and a wonder goal decided the game.

We finished on top without looking like conceding a 3rd.

It's one to simply take on the chin and acknowledge a good effort from our players.

We'll beat most bottom half teams if we play like that.

McBurnie getting his first goal is very pleasing and thankfully he's now in the team to stay.

Cracking OP.

When we were losing away at Southend, days like today were a long way away. We should enjoy every second, not because we're here for a day out or two but because we're here to try and hold our own.

Well played today, Blades.
100% a great post. I turned to my Dad at 0-1 and said imagine the atmosphere if we were winning. The Kop and G south stand were brilliant. They'll be be points we'll win this season when perhaps we don't deserve them. It will balance itself our. 3 great performances 4 points, Wednesday fans in meltdown on praise and grumble, bank holiday and the suns out. Along long way away from League one. Enjoy the ride

There's stuff to improve, and minor mistakes that cost you in a blink at this level.
But, i've come out of other games way more frustrated .
We lost, it happens. No pride dented today. I came out happier than on games we've drawn or even won in the past.
Lots to look forward this season as we grow it into it even more.

Please try and look past the frustration. If you can't enjoy days like today and appreciate where we have got to then football simply isn't for you.
We lost to a very good side and we conceded to a worldly and an individual error.

The sun was shinning, the fans were excellent, and for the most part the players put on a great display.

Is anyone to blame? Bash made a mistake but it's only because we are up against the best that they made us pay.

Freeman was outstanding (playing his normal role and trying to cover Flecks job), Egan was his usual beast self, JOC, Baldock, McGoldrick.. all of them, even the subs.

I think that's the most I've enjoyed a loss in a long long time. Keep it going and for gods sake dont start questioning Wilder and his team selections. This is our season to enjoy!

Proud of the lads, proud of the fans in the second half, and loving this season already. Chins up, on to the next!
100% this. We got undone by a worldie but otherwise matched a team that won the fucking league while we were twatting about in league 1. We've played 3 games and not been outplayed once. If we keep going like we have been we will cause a few upsets and we will stay up fairly comfortably. Today is 1 game and 1 result. Bring on the rest of the season.

SPOT ON PAL!

I think Chris Wilder will disagree with you mate and I agree with CW we were shit 1st half looked like we were chasing them around for autographs.

There's stuff to improve, and minor mistakes that cost you in a blink at this level.
But, i've come out of other games way more frustrated .
We lost, it happens. No pride dented today. I came out happier than on games we've drawn or even won in the past.
Lots to look forward this season as we grow it into it even more.
Agreed. It’ll be another month before Wilder knows what his best first 11 is and the players are up to PL speed. The good news is that unlike our previous managers and players, Wilder WILL by then know what his best 11 is and many of our players will have adapted and improved. There’s a lot of talk about promoted teams carrying the boost of going up into the next season, but it’s also fair to say that it takes players several games to adapt to the speed of movement and thought required in the top tier or any increase in class.

I think Chris Wilder will disagree with you mate and I agree with CW we were shit 1st half looked like we were chasing them around for autographs.

The 1st half was quite similar to the Palace 1st half. We were too cautious but limited Leicester to any chances.
It was heading to a 0-0 half time bore draw until Basham mistake.

However 2nd half, as expected we upped the tempo and chased the game. Leicester generally sat back defending their lead.

It was a close game, the XG rating based on chances was SU 0.75 LC 0.77, this proves that a 1-1 draw would have been fair.

Top thread and stopped me creating my own.

Disappointed with the result but really encouraged with the performance against a side I expect to challenge for Europe.

Think we'll learn more from today than the Palace game.

Also I’d be far more worried if we’d been outplayed and well beaten. We weren’t. It was a good performance. Individual errors can be corrected with better concentration and any other day Barnes puts that in the BLUT. If we were chasing shadows and not close to getting back into it we’d have a lot of work to do to be competitive, but we look steady so far. If we show the same improvements from September to November as we have in Wilder’s previous three seasons we’ll be absolutely fine.

We did ok. They won because of a mistake. It's not like they completely outplayed us. We could easily have got a draw here.

Freeman needs to be a starter. He's looked great every game this season.
Robinson isn't premier league level. Maybe he'll improve, but he doesn't look as quick as he did in preseason and he's not a good enough finisher. Maybe he'll do better with someone else; but I think McBurnie has gotta be picked ahead of him now.
Basham isn't up to this level. He's decent backup, but January, I'd like to see us splash the cash for a good replacement.
JOC, Enda, Baldock and Egan look right at home in the Prem.

We knew before the season started we would lose games especially as we adjust to life at the top table. But we were not embarrassing . In fact it was a wonderful spectacle. Proud to be part of such compelling entertainment. On another day we won't play so well and we will win .

Vardy just had to score didn't he! But, so proud of how we played and the players can take much from today. McBurnie looks exactly what we knew he'd be - a real handful and teams won't handle playing against him. Egan and Baldock I thought were also class and no one played badly.

Unlucky Bash, chin up - we love you and still played well overall.

Agree with most of that. McBurnie looks the real deal. Bash's error was a one-off. Baldock was excellent. The one I'm unsure about is Egan. He did some great stuff today, But he also just thumped it miles out of play on a few baffling occasions - and frequently clears it straight to the other team's players. He needs to show a bit more composure and think about where he's playing the ball because he was one of the main reasons why we kept giving up possession.

Wilder disagrees. Not happy at the amount times we gave away the ball. I like most others thought we were decent, although I know we can play better but I love the fact that Wilder wasn't happy, he's not going to be content to scrape a few wins and battle relegation, the standards expected of the players now has gone right up.

Back
Top Bottom