Test for Prince

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Putney Blade

Reaction score
This is a test. So far, had it easy. Won United in a poker game. United got promoted. Last season, we over performed. Everything was rosy. His management team stayed under the radar. Now things are starting to look different. My concern is that they start to panic. They are inexperienced. Never managed in the English football. Believing either a change in approach (bringing in Director of Football) or worse still new manager (likely to be overseas) will change our fortunes. It won’t. Wilder is the best option to get us through, and if we go down, the best option to get us back. A good manager doesn’t become a bad manager over night. Wilder has pulled out rabbits at every stage. Yes, some of the transfers haven’t come off (so far). Buying players is never easy. Some work. Some don’t. No guarantee a change will affect our fortunes either. Last thing we want is some Turkish manager for example, managing us in the Championship (if we go down)! This is test for the Prince. If he panics, could set off a chain of events where different managers come and go. We know where that takes you. But, if he keeps faith in Wilder, I believe our prospects are bright even if bumpy right now. UTB

Let’s hope the prince sticks with Wilder , we’ve had a tough start and no luck and just who is the alternative?

Phew! I thought this meant he'd got rona!

Yup.

This is a test. So far, had it easy. Won United in a poker game. United got promoted. Last season, we over performed. Everything was rosy. His management team stayed under the radar. Now things are starting to look different. My concern is that they start to panic. They are inexperienced. Never managed in the English football. Believing either a change in approach (bringing in Director of Football) or worse still new manager (likely to be overseas) will change our fortunes. It won’t. Wilder is the best option to get us through, and if we go down, the best option to get us back. A good manager doesn’t become a bad manager over night. Wilder has pulled out rabbits at every stage. Yes, some of the transfers haven’t come off (so far). Buying players is never easy. Some work. Some don’t. No guarantee a change will affect our fortunes either. Last thing we want is some Turkish manager for example, managing us in the Championship (if we go down)! This is test for the Prince. If he panics, could set off a chain of events where different managers come and go. We know where that takes you. But, if he keeps faith in Wilder, I believe our prospects are bright even if bumpy right now. UTB
In Belgium the Prince had a completely different experience. Our manager had a good season, missed promotion due to a goal in stoppage time, then the next season we were shit and in the bottom, he changed manager and we haven’t stopped winning since then. Won promotion and now sitting at the top of the table with very attractive football. We also did very successful transfers this summer. So it’s normal the prince will also take this experience into account. He will trust the people who bring him success and at the moment I think he will look to Van Winckel to give the solution as he has proven his ability with transfers in Belgium.

I'm not sure whether the deafening silence from PA this season is a good thing or a bad thing. Having worked with Arabs I know that they can make some very irrational decisions on hiring and firing and can be very emotional in their business dealings, I hope that PA is different. Can JimPhipps give us any insight into how PA is thinking at the moment?!

I'm not sure Chris will put up with Rip deciding on transfers tbh

I'm not sure he will get a choice in the matter tbh.
I think it's time we remodelled our transfer business. There are two things that need looking at. We either A are going after the wrong players (and paying too much for them) or B - with the current system there is only so much "improvement" we can make within our financial model. If we moved to expanding our player net we can surely have more options rather than trying to grab the best of the Championship and hope that the Villas of this world don't outbid us.

I'm not sure whether the deafening silence from PA this season is a good thing or a bad thing. Having worked with Arabs I know that they can make some very irrational decisions on hiring and firing and can be very emotional in their business dealings, I hope that PA is different. Can JimPhipps give us any insight into how PA is thinking at the moment?!

The Prince sent a tweet out stating his support for CW just before the West Ham game, missed by many. Something along the lines of "we stand by our coach".

His latest tweet straight after the game against West Brom is supportive of the team and manager. Looking at some of the replies he probably wonders why he bothers.

I tend to agree with Chabuddy. We have paid top whack for British players with (to date) limited success. When you compare this with let's say Norwich (not a rich club) finding Buendia, Vrancic, Stiepermann etc for nowhere near this cost - it would be fair to challenge CW transfer methodology as against looking for continental value.

UTB

I think he’s relinquished the right to decide on transfers if I’m honest

Too right. Not that I know anything about our scouting capability, but it appears we've reached a bit of a ceiling when it comes to recruitment using our tried-and-tested methods of recruiting UK-based players. Last season we couldn't even afford the higher-end Championship players. We need to widen the pool.

The Prince sent a tweet out stating his support for CW just before the West Ham game, missed by many. Something along the lines of "we stand by our coach".

His latest tweet straight after the game against West Brom is supportive of the team and manager. Looking at some of the replies he probably wonders why he bothers.

That’s the little Prince, not the big Prince!

Being supportive is fine but the Prince calling the WBA game a top performance is ludicrous. I’m stilling having flashbacks about some of our pathetic misses.

Twitter comments are the pits. Some real bright sparks on the replies.

Back
Top Bottom