Team vs Plymouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
I think I'd make the odd tweak but not to the point of sending out a scratch team and get knocked out of the FA Cup.

I'd rest Lunny because he's the one player who will have to run his blood to water for 90 minutes in the back to back Manchester matches.

I'd stick with Ramsdale. At up to 18m we need him to play himself into form to either sell him back to Bournemouth or be a decent keeper for us next season.

I'm also not convinced that randomly throwing in one of the other keepers in a cup competition where a bad afternoon means elimination is the right step.

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
Bogle Norwood Fleck Osborn/Stevens
McGoldrick
Burke Sharp

To Paul Merson's point, Billy is a finisher. Burke does the running of two men but isn't a natural finisher. I think one could create space for the other.

I think I'd make the odd tweak but not to the point of sending out a scratch team and get knocked out of the FA Cup.

I'd rest Lunny because he's the one player who will have to run his blood to water for 90 minutes in the back to back Manchester matches.

I'd stick with Ramsdale. At up to 18m we need him to play himself into form to either sell him back to Bournemouth or be a decent keeper for us next season.

I'm also not convinced that randomly throwing in one of the other keepers in a cup competition where a bad afternoon means elimination is the right step.

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
McGoldrick
Burke Sharp

To Paul Merson's point, Billy is a finisher. Burke does the running of two men but isn't a natural finisher. I think one could create space for the other.

I agree with that line up, but I would give Verrips a game, just to see how he shapes up

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
McGoldrick
Burke Sharp

I think we definitely need to see another keeper in against Plymouth, the coaching staff must surely know the best back-up by now. If he plays well he keeps the shirt

Verrips (if fit)
Bogle Bash Egan Ampadu Stevens
Fleck Lundstram
McGoldrick
Burke Brewster

Subs: Foderingham, Jags, Baldock, Osborn, Lowe, Norwood, Mousset, Sharp, Hackford

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
McGoldrick
Burke Sharp

Do you seriously think Bournemouth would want Ramsdale back, it's like buying a car and then realising it's an old banger and taking it back to the dealer. Fuck off you saw what you were buying tough shit.

Do you seriously think Bournemouth would want Ramsdale back, it's like buying a car and then realising it's an old banger and taking it back to the dealer. Fuck off you saw what you were buying tough shit.
You'd think not, but he was their PoTY when they went down and their fans genuinely were in favour of him. You never know.

I see Plymouth won at Sunderland. They will be no pushovers. Let’s make sure we win this. UTB

Rammers
Bogle - Bash - Egan - Amps - Osborn
Lingard(!) - Rodwell(!!) - Fleck
Didzy - Brewster

If we can go on the attack it's a good chance to jump start Brewster. I included Lingard for a laugh. I included Rodwell to prove to myself I didn't just imagine his existence.

Rammers
Bogle - Bash - Egan - Amps - Osborn
Lingard(!) - Rodwell(!!) - Fleck
Didzy - Brewster

If we can go on the attack it's a good chance to jump start Brewster. I included Lingard for a laugh. I included Rodwell to prove to myself I didn't just imagine his existence.

Jokes on you mate. Lingard's cup tied ;)

I'd include a couple of reserves (Verrips and maybe try Brunt). Give Ramsdale, Ampadu and Didzy a rest. Brewster needs to be starting, ideal opportunity for his first goal and confidence.

No point dropping Egan as he can't play v Man Utd. Stevens needs some game time.

Verrips
Bash - Egan - Bryan
Bogle - Norwood - Fleck - Stevens
Brunt
Brewster - Burke

We need to get some minutes into Stevens & Brewster IMO. If McBurnie is fit, we need to get some minutes in him too. Lundstram & Didz needs a rest.

Ramsdale

Bogle - Bash - Egan - Ampadu - Stevens

Osborne - Norwood - Fleck

McBurnie / Burke - Brewster

Be nice to see Hackford & Ayari on the bench.

I'd include a couple of reserves (Verrips and maybe try Brunt). Give Ramsdale, Ampadu and Didzy a rest. Brewster needs to be starting, ideal opportunity for his first goal and confidence.

No point dropping Egan as he can't play v Man Utd. Stevens needs some game time.

Verrips
Bash - Egan - Bryan
Bogle - Norwood - Fleck - Stevens
Brunt
Brewster - Burke

To me we desperately need to salvage something from this season, so to string a couple of wins together in the cup would be good and therefore to achieve this we need to put out a full strength side. Not expecting miracles but 2 wins in the cup might, only might, kick start our fortune's in the Prem

To me we desperately need to salvage something from this season, so to string a couple of wins together in the cup would be good and therefore to achieve this we need to put out a full strength side. Not expecting miracles but 2 wins in the cup might, only might, kick start our fortune's in the Prem
I think the win against Bristol Rovers kind of did do that. Unfortunately the fixtures after Newcastle are terrible. We could have done with the festive fixtures now (Brighton, Burnley, Palace).

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
McGoldrick
Burke Sharp

Looks fine to me. A cup run won’t save our season but it will be a bit of a lift, when we could all do with one. I can take losing to Spurs or Man U but not Plymouth.

I'm for us to field the strongest starting 11 available. Rammers shouldn't play though. (Well, I'm not even sure whether he really is a part of the best starting eleven we can put on the field.) I might be inclined to give Didzy a rest, to put him on the bench and play him only if none else is able to score against Plymouth. Reason: whilst we lose week in week out (almost), I'd still like to see us = Didzy scoring in the PL. No reason to risk him against Plymouth.

Ramsdale
Baldock Egan Bryan Stevens
Bogle Bash Ampadu Burke
Mcburnie
Brewster

Jack's back baby, Jack's back. Let the good times roll

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
McGoldrick
Burke Sharp

Yeah let Burko and Goldy feed Billy in the 6 yard box. Don't like Billy holding the ball up waiting for support. He backs his arse into defenders all the time and is offside too often.

As there's no offical matchday post I will post on here, same team as Bristol Rovers if all fit. Same attitude and belief is more important, have a good start and get at them. The exact opposite of the Spurs game.
Presume it's on bt sport red button...

Think the difficult decision today is McGoldrick. He's got to have a rest at some point but the game will be a lot more difficult without him.

Verrips

Baldock - Basham - Egan - Lowe

Bogle - Brunt - Fleck - Burke
Ayari

Brewster​

I would like to see Baldock/Bogle together down the right hand side.
Definitely would include Hackford on the bench too, and if all is going well, give him a decent run at the end.

Back
Top Bottom