Team vs Fulham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just make sure Norwood is back, I’m sure he’ll be even more spured on the fact he once played for Fulham and they binned him off, plus he should be starting anyway.

Given Fulham’s front line will be led by the effective but slow lump that is Mitrovic, would this actually be one for Jagielka to be preferred in the middle? I know Ampadu is ordinarily the go-to first option as a replacement, but aerially I’m not sure he’ll be able to compete with Mitrovic.

I’ve just reread the above and I’m not actually sure I’m convinced by my own argument...
🤣🤣

I know it's the middle of the night but I just woke up from a dream about Billy scoring

Based on this alone the man must start

Brewdog and Billy up top

Ramsdale
Baldock-Basham-Egan-Lowe
Berge-Ampadu
Didsy
Burke-Brewster-McBurnie

I know this is off the wall and won't happen, but I would love to see Berge and Ampadu dominate a midfield, giving Didsy a free role. Like I said won't happen, but would be interesting...

If Wilder plays Stevens in any position against Fulham,at the expense of Lowe,i'll write him a nasty letter.

Gorra beat Fulham and Andre Marriner,and Stockley Park,big ask.

Ramsdale
Baldock-Basham-Egan-Lowe
Berge-Ampadu
Didsy
Burke-Brewster-McBurnie

I know this is off the wall and won't happen, but I would love to see Berge and Ampadu dominate a midfield, giving Didsy a free role. Like I said won't happen, but would be interesting...
I like that team,but there is a possiblity that 4 of em might not play for varying reasons Egan,McGoldrick,Burke,Brewster.

Egan (virus isolation) 😷
McGoldrick (injured) 🧖‍♂️
Burke (injured) 🧖‍♂️
Brewster ( not had our pre-season,not up to speed with our tactics ). 💪🥺

I like that team,but there is a possiblity that 4 of em might not play for varying reasons Egan,McGoldrick,Burke,Brewster.

Egan (virus isolation) 😷
McGoldrick (injured) 🧖‍♂️
Burke (injured) 🧖‍♂️
Brewster ( not had our pre-season,not up to speed with our tactics ). 💪🥺
Ramsdale
Bash - Ampadu - Stevens
Baldock -------------------------Lowe
Berge - Norwood - Osborn
Brewster - McB
That team doesnt fill me with confidence but it's the best we can put out given the circumstances with players mentioned above + Fleck out

This international week has really been devastating for us. Ahead of our only winnable game for a month

Wev’vefailed to add any new bodies even on loan

Then we have lost :

mcgoldrick - our only goal scorer This season and our only genuinely creative player in the entire squad.

fleck - who should be starting

Burke - who haD impressed

Egan - one out of better defenders in a defence that’s already not looking near the same level as last season.

Ramsdale
Bash - Ampadu - Stevens
Baldock -------------------------Lowe
Berge - Norwood - Osborn
Brewster - McB
That team doesnt fill me with confidence but it's the best we can put out given the circumstances with players mentioned above + Fleck out
I'd have this team too this weekend.

Only caveat is on Lunny/Berge.

Berge is my preferred option but 3 full matches and 2 flights. Not sure how knackered he'll be.

If he flies Thursday, then he'll have one day preparation really. Max 1 and a bit.

Lunny could know their tactics inside out by then!

I'd have this team too this weekend.

Only caveat is on Lunny/Berge.

Berge is my preferred option but 3 full matches and 2 flights. Not sure how knackered he'll be.

If he flies Thursday, then he'll have one day preparation really. Max 1 and a bit.

Lunny could know their tactics inside out by then!
Same applies to Stevens the madness of 3 International games in seven days this early in the season not to mention three injuries to other players as well.

Same applies to Stevens the madness of 3 International games in seven days this early in the season not to mention three injuries to other players as well.
Very true. I'm not in favour of International games in a pandemic. It seems to be unnecessarily courting risk. There is no legitimate reason after the Arsenal game that we should find ourselves without Egan for instance.

At best, play the qualifier but 2 additional friendlies is quite frankly taking the piss especially with no fans anyway. It's not as if the respective Football Associations have made money from them.

Very true. I'm not in favour of International games in a pandemic. It seems to be unnecessarily courting risk. There is no legitimate reason after the Arsenal game that we should find ourselves without Egan for instance.

At best, play the qualifier but 2 additional friendlies is quite frankly taking the piss especially with no fans anyway. It's not as if the respective Football Associations have made money from them.
here here... what a joke to risk it on mixing numerous households plus international flights as well... all intl football except (real) competitive games like qualifiers and finals should have been postponed indefinitely, would have also given the domestic season way more space for players to avoid injuries and gain fitness, plus avoid covid.

Lad they just signed, Joachim Anderson, out for foreseeable future.

Drop Robinson, Baldock, Stevens, Lundstram, Osborn & McG.

Bring in Ampadu, Bogle, Lowe, Norwood, Fleck & Brewster.

Ampadu offers more going forwards, new lads at Wingback offers more going forwards, Norwood back at DMC, Berge more advanced, Fleck hopefully back on it after getting dropped and pacey lads up top so we don't just hoof it.
Agree with this. What has happened to Stevens? Unrecognisable from the last couple of seasons. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team at the moment.

I'm really tempted to say, let's just start Bogle & Lowe.

Baldock's been OK, always solid defensively, but output at the top of the field has always lacked.
Stevens desperately needs a rest. I doubt going away on international duty has helped with that.

Let's spice things up a bit and attack a match for a change.
We need to start finding goals from somewhere. We know our midfield personnel struggle to create chances. So let's try our new wing backs out.

The problem we’re facing here, alongside the fact it’s a hugely important game, is that we know what happens when we change too much of the team in one go – it looks disjointed, loses organisation and ideas. We know JOC is out. Egan, McGoldrick, Burke too likely. If we have 4 of the 5 defenders not the established first choice players then I’m concerned that will immediately cause some issues. We’ll probably also have to have a completely new front two pairing.

I’d be looking to start a maximum of 3 that are still learning our system. That’s probably Ampadu for Egan, one of the new wingbacks, and Brewster.

From Wilders post-match interview it seems like we were both on the right lines.

He told Baldock that Bogle is close to getting a game. It was a tight decision, but ultimately he didn't want to risk introducing two new players to the setup.

I think Bogle will be given a chance in this next run of games.
You can argue we need Baldock's defensive qualities because of the quality of the opposition, but I'd counter that we're going to need to score to get anything against City, Chelsea & Liverpool so need players that can break away on the pitch.

I hate to describe these games as a "free hit" but with how we're playing that's how they look.

Back
Top Bottom