Team vs Fulham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
8B537EA3-3E2D-49AE-BBF1-11A467E5D851.jpeg
Looking forward...

I know Ampadu isn’t left footed, but going off what I saw against leeds, he offers more going forward than Robinson.

To be honest the line-up is pinning a lot of hope that Ampadu will inject some creativity and life into the left hand side (looking at you Steven and Fleck) - I completely understand the view that Stevens could be benched for lowe, but for this particular game I would stick with Stevens.

Norwood - has to come back into the team, we need somebody who can switch play. He offers something that no other midfielder in the squad has and we are crying out for some creativity. So what if the odd pass misplaces we need to see forward passes.

Berge - He is fantastic on the ball but needs to carry the ball forward more, no better opportunity than against Fulham.

Burke - For me he is currently first choice on team sheet. Nightmare for defenders.

Brewster - Straight in. Give him freedom to drop deep and pick up the ball and lets see what the boy is made of.

Need points. Need Fleck to find form. Need more goals. Need more forward balls. Need to play without fear and a bit a luck wouldn’t hurt.

Keep the faith Blades.

What would be your lineup?

.....................Rammers....................

......Bash.........Egan.......Ampadu....

Baldock...Norwood....Berge...Lowe.

........................Didsy........................

.............Burke.............McBurnie.....

Bench:
Fodders
Bogel
Stevens
Fleck
Osborn
Brewster
Sharp

Let's take the handbreak off (as Wilder often used to say) and go at it FFS. We need to get into the habbit of scoring goals, and I don't see that happening with a flat midfield 3 at the moment. Didsy is best dropping deep and linking things up, although he is our top scorer, so maybe he should start up top 😆 In which case he can swap positions with McBurnie.

.....................Rammers....................
......Bash.........Egan.......Ampadu....
..Baldock..............................Lowe..
.............Norwood....Berge...............
........................Didsy........................
.............Burke.............McBurnie.....

Bench:
Fodders
Bogel
Stevens
Fleck
Osborn
Brewster
Sharp

Let's take the handbreak off (as Wilder often used to say) and go at it FFS. We need to get into the habbit of scoring goals, and I don't see that happening with a flat midfield 3 at the moment. Didsy is best dropping deep and linking things up, although he is our top scorer at the moment, so maybe he should start up top 😆 In which case he can swap positions with McBurnie.

Tell me why you wouldn't out Brewster straight in? Other than 'thats not wilder does'

Ramsdale

Basham Egan Ampadu

Lowe Berge Norwood Fleck Bogle

Brewster McBurnie

Stop living on last season and change the fuck out of this team.

Ramsdale/Burke/Brewster/Ampadu and arguably Berge are all new blood. There is a argument for Lowe>Stevens I admit that.

What else would you change?

Changing
The Players Won't Matter Really
If We Dont
Stop startinggamessopassivelyandgetbacktoactuallyplayingonthefrontfoottheresnomagicsubstitutionoftheplayingstaffthatcanfixanattitudeoflettingtheoppositiondictateplayforthefirst70minutesofeverygame

As long as we have a pop at the opposition and don't just sit back passively shitting ourselves then that will be an improvement.

Anything after that is a bonus.

Drop Robinson, Baldock, Stevens, Lundstram, Osborn & McG.

Bring in Ampadu, Bogle, Lowe, Norwood, Fleck & Brewster.

Ampadu offers more going forwards, new lads at Wingback offers more going forwards, Norwood back at DMC, Berge more advanced, Fleck hopefully back on it after getting dropped and pacey lads up top so we don't just hoof it.

That's Wilders job not mine.

But I would for one play pace at wing backs, Ampadu is a shoe in, Norwood needs to come back in at DM, push Berge further forward and sign a creative player like Buendia/Brooks.

Can't argue with any of that. Think the attacking midfielder part is wishful thinking though and sailed away when Freeman went to Forest.

That's Wilders job not mine.

But I would for one play pace at wing backs, Ampadu is a shoe in, Norwood needs to come back in at DM, push Berge further forward and sign a creative player like Buendia/Brooks.

Fuck me, of course it’s Wilders job.

Also, whilst we have the cheque book out, can we sign a goal scorer like Vardy, that will shake things up.

--------------------- Ramsdale --------------------
------- Basham -- Egan -- Ampadu --------
Bogle --‐------------------------------------- Lowe
---------------- Berge -- Norwood --------------
--------------------- McGoldrick -------------------
---------------- Brewster -- Burke ---------------

Baldock might be unlucky missing out on this given that he set up Didsy's goal, but he's been average all season. Stevens has been utter shite since lockdown, was shite in pre season, shite in the international friendlies and has pretty much been shite this season. He's had his chance, now it's Lowe's turn. If not then we're in trouble and Wilder really will be guilty of picking his favourites.

The midfield may lack creativity and attacking prowess, but so does our current one. Lundstram has been okay but doesn't get as far forward as he used to. Osborne is just a pest, great off the ball but lacks the killer ball when he has it and often plays it safe, harsh to be dropped as he's been okay so far this season and pretty consistent. Fleck can stay on the bench as he's also been crap since lockdown.

Everything good we did last season came through Didsy. Burke's pace should cause problems and hopefully Didsy can link up with the front two and feed them in, or give Brewster that one ball he needs to strike it first time, if what Wilder claims he does is true. Up until Christmas Didsy was dropping back constantly to win the ball back in midfield, so he can assist Norwood and Berge when attacks break down, as he used to.

As for Berge and Norwood. Norwood's mixed range of passing could work wonders for Burke on the counter, and Berge would have freedom to go forward when we have the ball.

--------------------- Ramsdale --------------------
------- Basham -- Egan -- Ampadu --------
Bogle --‐------------------------------------- Lowe
---------------- Berge -- Norwood --------------
--------------------- McGoldrick -------------------
---------------- Brewster -- Burke ---------------

Baldock might be unlucky missing out on this given that he set up Didsy's goal, but he's been average all season. Stevens has been utter shite since lockdown, was shite in pre season, shite in the international friendlies and has pretty much been shite this season. He's had his chance, now it's Lowe's turn. If not then we're in trouble and Wilder really will be guilty of picking his favourites.

The midfield may lack creativity and attacking prowess, but so does our current one. Lundstram has been okay but doesn't get as far forward as he used to. Osborne is just a pest, great off the ball but lacks the killer ball when he has it and often plays it safe, harsh to be dropped as he's been okay so far this season and pretty consistent. Fleck can stay on the bench as he's also been crap since lockdown.

Everything good we did last season came through Didsy. Burke's pace should cause problems and hopefully Didsy can link up with the front two and feed them in, or give Brewster that one ball he needs to strike it first time, if what Wilder claims he does is true. Up until Christmas Didsy was dropping back constantly to win the ball back in midfield, so he can assist Norwood and Berge when attacks break down, as he used to.

As for Berge and Norwood. Norwood's mixed range of passing could work wonders for Burke on the counter, and Berge would have freedom to go forward when we have the ball.

Agree on many points but we never really replaced Duffy, maybe L.Freeman was the new no.10, obviously that didn’t work out.

If Mcgoldrick gets injured, he was out a few times lasts season, who steps in?

I’m all for trying a new formation btw, but with the Transfer window about to slam shut, I feel we may be lacking squad depth to accommodate the 3-4-1-2. As successful as it was a few years ago.

Agree on many points but we never really replaced Duffy, maybe L.Freeman was the new no.10, obviously that didn’t work out.

If Mcgoldrick gets injured, he was out a few times lasts season, who steps in?

I’m all for trying a new formation btw, but with the Transfer window about to slam shut, I feel we may be lacking squad depth to accommodate the 5-2-1-2. As successful as it was a few years ago.

I'm working on the assumption that we're not signing a midfielder as Wilder seems more focused on replacing O'Connell. Maybe we'll get someone on loan.

If Didsy got injured then you could drop Burke in behind the front two.

I'd love to see us go for Todd Cantwell as he would be an exciting prospect and just what we need. Someone who'll actually keep the ball and run with it rather than playing hot potato everytime they get it.

I'm working on the assumption that we're not signing a midfielder as Wilder seems more focused on replacing O'Connell. Maybe we'll get someone on loan.

If Didsy got injured then you could drop Burke in behind the front two.

I'd love to see us go for Todd Cantwell as he would be an exciting prospect and just what we need. Someone who'll actually keep the ball and run with it rather than playing hot potato everytime they get it.

Not seen enough of Burke to know if he could do the no.10 role, but you never know.

Agree regarding Cantwell, seen enough of him to know he would offer something to the squad. Apparently Leeds are in for him.

One thing is unanimous from this thread, most people want to see 4/5/6 changes in the lineup!

Back
Top Bottom