Team V Leeds.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If the "norm" is to happen, ie, ex player always scores, then sharps a cert to start

Need Coutts to stand on Saiz. He is their outlet.

A decent 'full-blooded' tackle within the first ten minutes and take the yellow card just to let him know he's in a game.*

pommpey

*pommpey has never carried out a 'decent, full-blooded tackle' on an opponent within the first ten minutes and taken a yellow just to let the opponent he is in a a game. Much.

People always say don't change a winning team but who plays does to an extent depend on the opposition. This is a game I'd like to see Brooks start in but I agree no one deserves to be dropped, least of all Duffy.
Any changes will be down to tactics or injury nobody will be dropped on Saturday's performance that wouldn't be right,I feel certain Wilder would look at it in a similar way.

Being from Leeds and knowing alot of Leeds fans I watch them quite regularly. We stand every chance of coming out of this game with maximum points.

For me their danger man by far is Saiz, the attacking midfielder. At the weekend they changed formation for the first time this season and lined up with a 433 so it will be interesting to see if they continue with this. With Berardi suspended for Friday they will need to bring in a new left back and whoever they bring in (Anita most likely) I feel we can really get at and hopefully get some joy down Baldock's side.

I'm going into this one pretty confident we'll come out winners. Can't wait for Friday to roll around!

Leeds have some very talented attacking players, so I would start the early warning system in human form that is Jake Wright; CCV makes way.
Elsewhere I would be tempted to give Donaldson a run out with Sharp.
Otherwise unchanged, with a bench full of options.

Leeds played 4-3-3 at Bristol City but have usually been 4-2-3-1 and I expect them to revert to that at home, probably to get Pablo Hernandez in the team.

The 3 attacking midfielders are good players, especially Saiz, and they're flexible positionally. They'll be the main thing to worry about but rather than change anything about our system to combat it, our wing backs should probably play a little more defensively.
That's where Brooks would come in. He'd be the outlet to compensate for anything we'd lose offensively from the wing backs. We'd have more on the counter attack, and that could be important in this game.

As for CCV or Wright, how do you look at it... Leeds have good attacking players so go with Wright because he's experienced and composed and will organise us? Or go with CCV because he can deal with those players better in one on one situations? I'd go with CCV because the main player we're talking about here is Lassoga, a big strong centre forward. I'd rather have CCV up against him, and would also fancy him to deal with their nimble attacking midfielders better.
It should also be noted that Wright has made quite a few mistakes with the ball recently, which will enter Wilder's thinking. CCV has looked quite good on the ball and seems comfortable enough in the central position.

I'd like to think the defence isn't as reliant on Wright's organisation as it was. Basham and O'Connell have both played there for a while now and shouldn't need as much help. But to be honest I think the reason it often looked much worse without Wright is because it was Ebanks-Landell playing in the middle, and while he was a decent CB, he was unsuited to that role. Our alternatives to Wright now are more able to play this role so we shouldn't notice as much of a difference when he's not playing.

Get all these Leeds experts.

I live within walking distance of Elland Road and I don't have a clue who plays for them, never mind how they play!

Agree with this. Had Carter-VIckers had a couple of similar moments, it would have been picked up on straight away as 'inexperience'.

Keeper and back three doesn't change for this one. The only potential change will be up front for me, but I can't see that happening.
ccv has had a few moments but it’s up to CW

I think Sharp is great at home when we have a lot more possession and he has plenty to feed off with chances in and around the box. A game like this where we are more on the back foot looking to get one on the break I think we need more of an outlet whether it's Brookes or Donaldo. I think they have both showed their value in these sorts of games at the Pigs and Sunderland. Middlesborough and Cardiff showed Billy's limitations against the strong teams away from home.

Get all these Leeds experts.

I live within walking distance of Elland Road and I don't have a clue who plays for them, never mind how they play!

Have you tried watching television?

For me...

------------------------------Blackman
----------------Basham----Wright-----JOC
Baldock-------------------------------------------------Stevens
----------------------Coutts--------Fleck
--------------------------------Duffy
----------------------Sharp-----------Clarke

Subs:
Moore
CCV
Lafferty
Lundstram
Carruthers
Brooks
Donaldson

For me, it's Clarke and Brooks starting in one match, Sharp and Donaldson in the other. I am not bothered which two start in each match, but the natural order would be to let the captain lead out based on his excellent performance on Saturday. Key is that we have fresh legs for this Friday/Tuesday/Saturday string of matches. All four of these should be on the team sheet for both away matches. The rest of the side should go unchanged, health permitting and performance at practice warranting. Bottom line: CW will get it right.

Indeed Jim. We should all have realised by now that Tuftyball is an 18 man game. It isn’t simply about the starting line-up, either from game to game or during the match.

Pick who you think right, young Master Fluffytail and change it when you think fit...
53CF8DC7-3550-44D5-8455-4A609DBF0BC1.jpeg

JW’s had his share of shaky moments in the last month or so. Think his ‘calm’ reputation prevents some people seeing it. Certainly dodgy moments against that lot at Hillsborough and against Norwich

Absolutely [W]right, Danny and Ricky, bang on too.

Some people see things how they want them to be, not how they are. Stearman (just as good a pro as Jake Wright but bizarrely unpopular for not being Jake Wright) would be hammered for the same performances Jake has put in since the Derby County game or thereabouts.

He’s an admirable player and we all love him, me included, but if anyone can’t see why Tufty is phasing him out...

Have you tried watching television?

Only when the likes of the pigs and Leeds aren't on it.

Good to see plenty of "bites" on the shaky bait!
I'd love to play Poker against all these posters/callers who Jamal "scares to death". Must sweat like fuckers when a decent pocket pair turns up.

I know why don't we line up with the following;

Eastwood
Freeman (with dislocated knee) Stearman Wright Heneghan Lafferty
Lundstram Carruthers Brooks
Lavery Hanson

Would that make everyone happy?!

OR

How about we keep with the team that has got us to 3rd in the f***ing Championship!

Bit Harsh - he didn't have time to get into the game and he DID put Clarkey through on goal with a pass so delicious it got a Michelin star.

Also, I think Clarke deserved Man of the Match.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh, come on! - Brooksy's not above a bit of criticism now & then. Wonderful player, but he was really dreadful on Saturday.

No worries though, we won, & won in style (thanks to the other 13 players...).

Should start with the same team that started at Hillsborough. Basham moving to midfield. Duffy coming on as an impact sub. Play Clarke and Brooks up top - they do link up well together.

Some people see things how they want them to be, not how they are.

Couldn't agree more, but then you go on to say...

Stearman (just as good a pro as Jake Wright but bizarrely unpopular for not being Jake Wright) would be hammered for the same performances Jake has put in since the Derby County game or thereabouts.

He’s an admirable player and we all love him, me included, but if anyone can’t see why Tufty is phasing him out.

So a discussion about the relative merits of 2 players who DIDN'T play on Saturday. Hmmmmmm.

Some might accuse you of having a bee in your bonnett with this regular digs at Wright.

What about a funny name for JW and a photo of a suitable roadworks item just to stick the boot in properly?

Especially the Shaky Blackman nonsense that is sweeping S2 at the moment, almost willing an excellent keeper to make an error.

Sometimes I despair....

All keepers "have a mistake in them". I played there for a long time and very quickly came to that realisation. It's like the Benfica keeper the other night, Svilar. Yes it was a bad one, but he will bounce back. He's young and there are those within the club who says he will be better than Ederson.

From what I've seen of Jamal, there is the framework of a very very good goalkeeper. The two key things he should work on for me at the moment are his distribution and sometimes I feel he can be a little slow getting down at his near post, but he is a big unit so that will have a bit to do with it.

But for a lad of his age, we've done well to get him I'd say.

All keepers "have a mistake in them". I played there for a long time and very quickly came to that realisation. It's like the Benfica keeper the other night, Svilar. Yes it was a bad one, but he will bounce back. He's young and there are those within the club who says he will be better than Ederson.

From what I've seen of Jamal, there is the framework of a very very good goalkeeper. The two key things he should work on for me at the moment are his distribution and sometimes I feel he can be a little slow getting down at his near post, but he is a big unit so that will have a bit to do with it.

But for a lad of his age, we've done well to get him I'd say.

Totally agree, Jamal’s young and you can see he has massive potential to be an excellent keeper.

I like how he easily plucks crosses out of the air. He’s so damn tall he doesn’t even need to jump ha ha. His reactions look slow but it’s an optical illusion because he’s such a big unit, it’s like having an oil tanker in goal.

Thinking about it, if we force feed him to put on another 5 stone. He could be the modern day legendary Fatty Foulke.

Totally agree, Jamal’s young and you can see he has massive potential to be an excellent keeper.

I like how he easily plucks crosses out of the air and he’s so tall he doesn’t even need to jump. His reactions look slow but it’s an optical illusion because he’s such a big unit, like having an oil tanker in goal.

Can't argue with that. I quite like his "laid back" attitude in a way, rather that than flappy and calamitous. Wouldn't suprise me in the least to see this lad go a very long way.

I was surprised with their win at Bristol,who've been going well.
Lee Johnson said they had an off day and weren't at it,and were bullied a bit...he also said they didn't exploit the high line Leeds played and never got in behind or got it wide like they intended.
They don't look a big physical side though to me...lack a bit of height if anything.
Maybe one to be aware of...Johnson singled out the young 19 year old for Leeds,Ronaldo Vierra...said he ran the show...don't think he played v Reading,but I watched the extended highlights on the Leeds site and I would have strongly fancied us to have beaten them easily if they play like that against us.

Oh, come on! - Brooksy's not above a bit of criticism now & then. Wonderful player, but he was really dreadful on Saturday.

No worries though, we won, & won in style (thanks to the other 13 players...).
Don`t think that`s quite fair on Brooks. He just didn`t get the ball, through no fault of his own.

Back
Top Bottom