Team v Hull

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Which midfielder should miss out for Fleck?

• Evans

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Lundstram

Votes: 94 82.5%
  • Duffy

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • None - bench him

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
The headache seems to be; Who drops out for Fleck? (see above vote)

Moore is back, but I don't think anyone would suggest he goes back in after Blackmans' recent performances.

Surely just the one change if any then?

I've gone for Lundstram even though he had a very good game against QPR. Fleck and Duffy always start for me if fit, so it's about which player best compliments them, and from the current crop it has to be Evans who has been pretty solid in the deeper role. He just needs to stick a foot in from time to time though.

We could do what we did at Norwich and play a more solid 3. Evans, Fleck and Leonard at Norwich, Evans, Fleck and Lundstram at Hull.

As above. Lundstram had a very good game against QPR. Unfortunately for him, we’re a far better team with Fleck - he’s our star man - and Evans has come in and done a fine job of replicating the ‘Coutts role’ we’ve so badly missed. Lundstram on the bench - no room for sentiment.

Fleck not playing after a 2 game rest? Gi' o'er.

Lunny did well, but our midfield is best when it's Duffy, Fleck and Evans at the moment.

Lundstram out for Fleck... although Blackman did well would still go for Moore....

Really tough one, I'm a big defender of Lunny, but despite a good game and goal Tues (should have had 2 but for a decent/lucky save from the keeper) I think he'll miss out.

Maybe with a game Tuesday then Saturday we might see a few changes, possibly Brooks for Sharp.

Is Holmes back in contention? Hope so, would want to see him playing on Friday at some point, against wolves he looked our mist dangerous player

Really tough one, I'm a big defender of Lunny, but despite a good game and goal Tues (should have had 2 but for a decent/lucky save from the keeper) I think he'll miss out.

Maybe with a game Tuesday then Saturday we might see a few changes, possibly Brooks for Sharp.
Brooks up against Donkey Dawson would be interesting

I think we should consider going with this...

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Blackman

- - - - - - Basham -Stearman -O'Connell

Baldock - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - Stevens
- - - - - - - -Leonard - Evans - -Fleck

- - - - - - - -
Brooks - - - - Donaldson

I think we will rotate the squad, will have played three games in a week and then going away to Reading on Tuesday.

Fleck's had two games rest, Lundstram has played two games this week.

I think we will rotate the squad, will have played three games in a week and then going away to Reading on Tuesday.

Fleck's had two games rest, Lundstram has played two games this week.

If we go with Leonard and Fleck in midfield as I've suggested above, that's two players with fresh legs in a key area of the pitch. It could win us the game.

Then up front Brooks and Donaldson will be fresh and in addition I think it'll be a game that suits both of them.

If we go with Leonard and Fleck in midfield as I've suggested above, that's two players with fresh legs in a key area of the pitch. It could win us the game.

Then up front Brooks and Donaldson will be fresh and in addition I think it'll be a game that suits both of them.
Looks good, would swap Lafferty with Stevens (Freeman isn't fit yet to rest Baldock). Would consider Holmes for Evans as well, feel that if we attack them they will just crumble as they have done all season.

He might give Duffy a rest and play Fleck, Evans and Lundstram, playing Fleck a bit further forward?

Looks good, would swap Lafferty with Stevens (Freeman isn't fit yet to rest Baldock). Would consider Holmes for Evans as well, feel that if we attack them they will just crumble as they have done all season.

Yep, maybe Lafferty too. But Stevens has upped his game a bit recently.

Hopefully Holmes will be fit. But with Brooks up top in front of 3 deeper midfielders he'd fill that number 10 gap quite a bit, and I feel taking Evans out would give Leonard a bit too much responsibility to help us keep possession, which doesn't look like his biggest strength.

He might give Duffy a rest and play Fleck, Evans and Lundstram, playing Fleck a bit further forward?

Evans and Fleck are definites. If he gives Duff a rest he’ll play Holmes - or perhaps Leonard. I would play Len and then bring Duff or Ricky on around 60, if we are still chasing the game, or Lunny if we have something to hold on to.

Having Good Options - Magic

Evans and Fleck are definites. If he gives Duff a rest he’ll play Holmes - or perhaps Leonard. I would play Len and then bring Duff or Ricky on around 60, if we are still chasing the game, or Lunny if we have something to hold on to.

Having Good Options - Magic
Holmes is struggling with his back isn’t he?

Just back whoever plays and hope CW gets it right on the night. The great thing with CW even if he doesn’t get it right he’s not stubborn and will change it which I think is his best attribute.

Had a look at their line up when we beat them at home and 3 of the 4 defenders in that game also played last Tuesday v Boro, Dawson, Tomori and Aina. With Dawson almost ready to hang his boots up, you've got to start fresh players, so up front i've got Brooks & Donaldson and then Holmes tucked in behind them, i.e. a 3-4-1-2
Blackman
Bash - Stearman - O'Connel
Baldock - Fleck - Leonard - Stevens
Holmes
Donaldson - Brookes

Bench - Moore, Clark, Sharp, Duffy, Evans, Lundstram, Wright.

Back
Top Bottom