Team for Swindon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

coaxingstar71

First 10 yards are in the head
Reaction score
So following on from the game at Oxford, what do we think the starting line up will be at Swindon.

I'm thinking we'll be playing the usual formation, however there could be a change or two from the starting line up at Oxford.

Is Jake Wright fit enough to play? I expect he will play if fit, however I wouldn't be surprised if he's given time to heal as the defence of Bashambauer, JOC and EEL did well in his absence.

Up front the dilemma is whether to continue with Hanson, or could Lavery be in line for a start being as the team played distinctly better when he came on last week.

We should also see the return of Duffy.

If Wright's injury hasn't fully healed, I'd start as follows:

Moore
Basham------------------EEL------------------JOC
Freeman ------------------------------------------------------------------ Lafferty
Coutts --------------------- Fleck
Duffy
Sharp ---------------------- Lavery

I think he'll play a similar team to when we drew 0-0 with Bristol - resting the likes of Sharp, Fleck, Coutts etc. Starts for Carruthers, O'Shea, Lavery...maybe even Done.

Two back to back mid-week long away trips, he'll rest a couple for saturday at home to Charlton.

IMO UTB

So following on from the game at Oxford, what do we think the starting line up will be at Swindon.

I'm thinking we'll be playing the usual formation, however there could be a change or two from the starting line up at Oxford.

Is Jake Wright fit enough to play? I expect he will play if fit, however I wouldn't be surprised if he's given time to heal as the defence of Bashambauer, JOC and EEL did well in his absence.

Up front the dilemma is whether to continue with Hanson, or could Lavery be in line for a start being as the team played distinctly better when he came on last week.

Moore
Freeman ------------------------------------------------------------------ Lafferty
Duffy

Looks a bit one sided ;)

Reactions: Dkc
I think he'll play a similar team to when we drew 0-0 with Bristol - resting the likes of Sharp, Fleck, Coutts etc. Starts for Carruthers, O'Shea, Lavery...maybe even Done.

Two back to back mid-week long away trips, he'll rest a couple for saturday at home to Charlton.

IMO UTB

I'd be very surprised if he did, they've just had a week break then there's another full week after Charlton.

Lavery for me too. We play with more pace and swagger when Hanson is not there. Too easy to look for the easy hoof ball.

He's done nothing wrong since joint, but he is a plan B player IMO

I'd be very surprised if he did, they've just had a week break then there's another full week after Charlton.

Good point actually. Whatever happens we need to be "full strength" - not sure what team / formation that looks like to be honest with the incredible bench we have

Moore
Duffy

Does your lineup include Bashambauer at the centre of the back 3 ala Jake Wrights position when he plays ?

Id also like to see Hanson start upfront with Sharp from the start . Bring Lavery on after an hour when Hansons destroyed the home defence .

Does your lineup include Bashambauer at the centre of the back 3 ala Jake Wrights position when he plays ?

Id also like to see Hanson start upfront with Sharp from the start . Bring Lavery on after an hour when Hansons destroyed the home defence .

It does include Bashambauer! Reckon he must be one of the first names on the sheet at the moment. If he plays Wright, I'd imagine EEL would drop to the bench again, however I thought he had a good game at Oxford.

Hanson didn't do any 'defence destroying' at Oxford!

Duffy back in and continue as we have the last few for me. Wright should be fine if it was just a cut or broken nose. Hanson or Lavery depends on how Swindon line up, and I don't know a thing about their side, and perhaps a little on the state of their pitch as to whether we want to mix it or get running at them.

So much of my confidence comes from if Wright, Duffy, and Hanson aren't quite fit then EEL, Carruthers, Lavery, are more than enough to cover. Wouldn't feel any extra nerves from seeing those three step in.

We've spent the last couple of weeks wondering how this glorious season will unravel in the final few weeks... this could be it!

My initial worry was that Wilder would feel obliged to play him given the fee we paid and the marquee-esque nature to his signing. But hopefully i think we're past that now - Wilder plays teams to win football matches.

Clarke is fit....

Certainly is.......

images

-------------------Moore

------Bash-------Wright*-------JOC
Freeman----------------------------Lafferty
-------------Coutts--Fleck
-------------------Duffy**
-------------Sharp------Lavery

* If not 100% play EEL

** If not 100% then Carruthers.

Would be nice to see Chapman back on the bench too.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure Jake won't play and I don't think Duffy will start.

Back 4 definitely:-
Moore
EEL Bash JOC

Then probably the usual:-
Freeman Coutts Fleck Lafferty

Who next? If Duffy is on the bench Samir seems to be first pick, but I have a feeling Jayo will get a run later:-
Samir

Up front it's 2 from 3. I reckon having Hans to bully them early on and then bringing Caolan on as they tire is effective, so:-
Hanson Sharp

Off the bench Jayo for Coutts and Samir dropping deeper, Caolan for Hans at some stage.

No doubt completely wrong, as usual, he'll probably start Sparky and Wilson now!!

UTB

Can't see him resting many players, especially with having a weeks rest from the last game, and the fact that we beat a very good team away from home.

It does include Bashambauer! Reckon he must be one of the first names on the sheet at the moment. If he plays Wright, I'd imagine EEL would drop to the bench again, however I thought he had a good game at Oxford.

Hanson didn't do any 'defence destroying' at Oxford!

Apologies there C71 , i agree that Bashambauers inclusion is a given but the question i raised surrounded his position in the defence if Wright was ruled out . With EEL coming back in to the back 3 in this instance would EEL slot into the central berth of the 3 or would he be the RCB , Bashambauer CB and JOC LCB ?

DONE & MCNULTY

... to serve up the half-time orange, and then do the washing up (respectively)

everyone is fit to play except Clarke. No need to change the team around, they have had a weeks rest, more than enough time to recover.

Don't know why, but I've got a feeling Sharp will be rested for this game, with a view to playing him v Charlton.

Back
Top Bottom