Team for Sunday's game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ramsdale
Bogle Bash Egan Enda (/Osborn)
Lundstram Berge Fleck
Mousset Brewster Burke​
I like this...a lot...with the exception of Baldock for Bogle..and possibly McBurnie for Brewster as although he's missing chances left right and centre his all round play was good v WBA and he could put some nice balls through for Moose and Burke

If we are going down let's do it all guns blazing. The midfield will have to run their bollocks off but the pace up front will trouble most teams. It also removes passengers such as Norwood and Lowe from the first 11 and excludes Ampadu who in my opinion is vastly over rated.

I like this...a lot...with the exception of Baldock for Bogle..and possibly McBurnie for Brewster as although he's missing chances left right and centre his all round play was good v WBA and he could put some nice balls through for Moose and Burke

If we are going down let's do it all guns blazing. The midfield will have to run their bollocks off but the pace up front will trouble most teams. It also removes passengers such as Norwood and Lowe from the first 11 and excludes Ampadu who in my opinion is vastly over rated.
Agreed I think this shape gives us a few options in the front 3. Considering we have no natural number 10, 6 strikers, and no JOC replacement, feels like the best option if we change system. And we really have to try something different.

Wilder said in the off season he’d learnt that pace and athleticism is key in the premier league. Well let’s get it on the pitch! I thought Burke gave us a big threat and Mousse and Brewster both showed glimpses.

The situation you mention first:

He misplaced a few passes, but there were a few neat ones too. He had a rough start, but "dreadful" is too harsh. I think he's more composed and better on the ball than Robinson. I wanted to see Stevens in that position, but he didn't look comfortable. Then we're left with right footers. I really think we need Ampadu in the holding midfield role. For me getting the midfield to work like at Liverpool is a possible way out of our mess.

Respect your view given I assume you must have had a re-watch but, to me, he still pretty badly misjudged the flight of the ball there despite a solid starting position. He was only really given a chance to make up ground on Grant because Grant's touch was so poor. It was a situation which he could've controlled much better. I'd probably need to watch it back to see the composure and neat touches you mention, but there were three clear examples for me of poor play (two giving the ball away, then the other time where he didn't look forward), and I didn't see much good. I'm willing to be wrong, I'm probably one of the more optimistic of the bunch here and really wanted Bryan to be the answer, but I just didn't see it. Maybe his poor start coloured my overall view.

Might as well just draw names out of a hat at the minute.

Might as well just draw names out of a hat at the minute.
You just know the way things are going at the moment the first name out would be fucking walking McBurnie.
At least we have Bristol Rovers to look forward to, now.
UTB

You just know the way things are going at the moment the first name out would be fucking walking McBurnie.
At least we have Bristol Rovers to look forward to, now.
UTB

Maybe don't put his name in the hat!

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Ampadu
Bogle Lundstram Berge Fleck Osborn
Brewster Burke

SHARP on the bench instead of mcburnie in case we pack the opposition box towards the end, Mousset on for burke on 60 mins.

Let’s really fuck with them
Play the
2 Basham Egan
2 Norwood ampadu
2 fleck Berg
1 McBurnie
1 Burke
1 Brewster
1 mousse

play only in the middle. No wingbacks or wingers.

A lot of these line ups, seem to exclude the player who has scored 3 goals in 7 starts. Excluding penalties, that is 3 more, than the entire rest of the team.

A lot of these line ups, seem to exclude the player who has scored 3 goals in 7 starts. Excluding penalties, that is 3 more, than the entire rest of the team.
McGoldrick ?
With Brewster , Moose , Burke , Sharp , McGoldrick , he needs to drop McBurnie , the other boys need a run , I just hope he is not stubborn enough to keep playing McBurnie because if he plays again and we don’t score I can see more fans turning on him despite all he’s done for the club , McBurnie needs a rest anyway . Personally I would tell him to have 2 weeks away and have a rest .

It all depends how flexible Chris will be and I'm thinking not very.

We had 22 shots so it's not the system he says, yet a lot of those efforts, arguable most of he big chances, came after we went to a back 4.

It is unfortunate that Ampadu was unfit because he would have been a better starter than Bryan.

If Chris sticks with a back 5 then you'd be looking at:
Ramsdale
Baldock-Basham-Egan-Ampadu-Stevens

The midfield 3 will be Berge Fleck and one other. It's a toss up between Lundstram who sees his future elsewhere and Norwood who's form has inexplicably dropped off a cliff. Even the quality of his dead all play has plummeted. I'm inclined to agree that Lundstram looked more effective and has better athleticism when we don't have the ball. So probably:
Lundstram-Berge-Fleck

Up front, in this formation and with us likely conceding possession again, then I'd say McGoldrick as the only forward to have scored from open play this season gets the nod and Brewster. The latter is one of the few to still show some confidence in front of goal and will shoot on site, something the others seem reluctant to do. Mousset makes a good replacement for either.

I think that is our best fit 3-5-2.

As plan B, Burke in for either Lundstram or Basham and we have:

Ramsdale
Baldock Egan Ampadu Stevens
Lundstram Berge Fleck
Burke Brewster/Mousset McGoldrick

Or
Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Stevens
Berge Ampadu Fleck
Burke Brewster/Mousset McGoldrick

Sitters aside, on what planet did McBurines performance on Saturday look good overall ??

Im going with Uranus 😉.

UTB

How do you know his attitude is vile?
The whole of his body language show where he’s at.
Another one who is influenced by his agent he’s come a long way since CW took him under his wing
All forgot by him now

Can't understand why there are suggested line-ups including Bogle, the lad hasn't even made the bench yet....strange.......and George Baldock looks about the only one who is putting in maximum effort at the moment. Bogle's mate Lowe is only getting a game because of the left sided injury crisis but exactly what Ben Osborn has done wrong is beyond me, unless it is a height thing??

If he is fit then Ampadu has to come back at LCB otherwise as much as it pains me to say it Robinson is a marginally better bet than Bryan.

Norwood showed just why he frustrates the fans so much.....out of the side we want him back for his ping, in the side he can't tackle or beat the first man.....time for him to move on I'm afraid. As disappointed as I am with his attitude we have to play Lunny at the moment, we have no real alternative unless we try Burke at RCM?

And he won't drop McBurnie whilst ever plan A is Hoofball........

Its alreyt don't panic I've triple captained Vardy and brought in Maddison and Schmeichel, we're basically guaranteed a win now
Telling ya, captained Watkins this week and he missed a pen and had a goal disallowed. The 3 points are as good as ours!

I'd quite like to see Sharp be given another start, works his socks off, holds the ball up well and scores.

I’ve watched every game and I don’t usually slag
Players off but it’s got to the stage where if Wilder persists with Mcbambi
It pains me to say I’m out.

I'd quite like to see Sharp be given another start, works his socks off, holds the ball up well and scores.

Really?

Genuine question as whenever Sharp is in the side everyone is screaming that he's not good enough....can't hold the ball up, too slow, falls over etc, etc.

You can say the same for a lot of the squad actually....if they are playing regularly, (and we are losing) they are shit and need dropping, then after a few weeks when everyone else is playing shit and needs dropping the original player, (insert Norwood, Fleck, Moose, Lunny, Didzy, McBurnie etc, etc) is all of a sudden the missing link and will solve all our problems......so they come back in again only for us to start the process again when they don't turn out to be the answer...

Basically our squad isn't very good full stop and now we have lost the momentum of promotion, ability to play our overlapping system, fans in the ground etc we have been well and truly found out. We had a chance to strengthen the squad but our recruitment is questionable to say the least and we have filled out the squad with either average Championship players or players with potential but untested at Premier League level......a perfect recipe for relegation.

Last edited:
assuming it will still be 352 it has to be ampadu lcb if fit and i would definetly give ben osborn another run at lwb lundstrum berge fleck in midfield burke and brewster up top oh and billy has to be on the bench for me

Really?

Genuine question as whenever Sharp is in the side everyone is screaming that he's not good enough....can't hold the ball up, too slow, falls over etc, etc.

You can say the same for a lot of the squad actually....if they are playing regularly, (and we are losing) they are shit and need dropping, then after a few weeks when everyone else is playing shit and needs dropping the original player, (insert Norwood, Fleck, Moose, Lunny, Didzy, McBurnie etc, etc) is all of a sudden the missing link and will solve all our problems......so they come back in again only for us to start the process again when they don't turn out to be the answer...

Basically our squad isn't very good full stop and now we have lost the momentum of promotion, ability to play our overlapping system, fans in the ground etc we have been well and truly found out. We had a chance to strengthen the squad but our recruitment is questionable to say the least and we have filled out the squad with either average Championship players or players with potential but untested at Premier League level......a perfect recipe for relegation.
Don’t include me in the ‘everyone’.
for “he falls over” read......he wins us free kicks
he holds the ball up better than Mcburnie who falls over his own feet and dos‘nt win free kicks.
It’s pointless saying the squad is’nt good enough because we all know that and we can’t change it.
if I had to bet on any member of our present squad being able to hit a barn door from 6 yards my money is on Sharp.

Don’t include me in the ‘everyone’.
for “he falls over” read......he wins us free kicks
he holds the ball up better than Mcburnie who falls over his own feet and dos‘nt win free kicks.
It’s pointless saying the squad is’nt good enough because we all know that and we can’t change it.
if I had to bet on any member of our present squad being able to hit a barn door from 6 yards my money is on Sharp.

But he doesn't win us free kicks, most of the time he falls over and then gets up, arms splayed asking why the Ref hasn't given the decision. Granted though if one of the chances we created against West Brom fell to Sharp he might well have scored.

Like i said, whilst ever plan A is hoofball he will not drop McBurnie....at least if we do get relegated we will have won the headers...!

Back
Top Bottom