Team for Saturday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reedy_22

Reaction score
Assuming no new signings...

IMO we need to change things upfront so Clarke out for Evans, Carruthers out for Duffy or Brooks & lastly this may be one some won't agree with but I'd freshen it up on the left with Lafferty starting.

And Brayford for Freeman....would have said Baldock but I think he will be brought back in against Leicester.

I'd say definitely Evans for Clarke.

I'd be tempted to start Duffy or Brooks instead of Carruthers, although I think Samir offers more in terms of workrate.

I assume Stearman is out, so Wright has to start.

Blackman
Basham Wright (if Stearman injured) O'Connell
Freeman Coutts Fleck Lafferty
Carruthers
Clarke Sharp

It's time for us to back the players and stick with them rather than calling for change in the line up constantly. Wilder has faith in this team and it took us longer to get going last season than this.

Duffy in for Carruthers

Evans (or new striker??) in for Clarke.

Fleck may have his placed threatened by Brooks but I do not think he will start him, Wilder possibly trying to keep him under the radar until the window closes.

IMO we need to change things upfront so Clarke out for Evans, Carruthers out for Duffy or Brooks & lastly this may be one some won't agree with but I'd freshen it up on the left with Lafferty starting.

I was impressed by Stevens' first games, but he seems to have lost some confidence the last two games, making him uncertain and clumsy in possession. Might be a good idea to try Lafferty again.

Duffy in for Carruthers

Evans (or new striker??) in for Clarke.

Fleck may have his placed threatened by Brooks but I do not think he will start him, Wilder possibly trying to keep him under the radar until the window closes.

No chance. If brooks plays, it's instead of Samir.

I'd like to see Evans and brooks in.

I thought Stevens looked good against boro.

He'll keep the same team to start I reckon, barring injuries etc...

Might still be too early for Evans to start in the league with his fitness.

But he offers more pace and directness....and striking threat than Sharp and Clarke for me.

I still think we are getting up to our peak fitness, our game is hard work and takes some finding. Just hope we stick to the plan and build rather than panic and revert to past tendencies to lump it.

Brooks for Carruthers and Evans for clarke, lafferty on the left, brayford on the right, id like to see Thomas get a run out also, see what hes got.

Ched for Billy - soz
Duffy for Carruthers - need to control the ball and make forward passes.
Wright for Stearman, obvs
Brooks on at some stage if not replacing Clarke t begin with
Brooks to play just behind Ched in a 3-5-1-1

Light the blue touch paper..........

Jake Wright for Basham and Stearnan to the centre right

And.........

Evans for Sharp (cowers behind sofa!):eek:
good call for backline .. i'd like to see brooks start ..beard for freeman

to be honest it's still early days but when we signed Stevens I thought well that's Lafferty's spot and I was a bit disappointed. I know some were a bit critical of Lafferty defensively last season but I thought he deserved
his place at left wing back. He has a great left peg. He must be wondering what he's done wrong to be on the bench. Stevens has been disappointing so far. However, as said early days and we need a couple more anyway.
We're definitely short and CW knows this. Over to the Board.

Ched for Billy - soz
Duffy for Carruthers - need to control the ball and make forward passes.
Wright for Stearman, obvs
Brooks on at some stage if not replacing Clarke t begin with
Brooks to play just behind Ched in a 3-5-1-1
No 'soz' needed. Billy isn't up to it at this level. He scored 30 last season which was great but he missed a huge amount of chances too. You just don't get as many chances in the Champ so have to be far more clinical than Billy is

Stick with it. Let's see how they get on against a projected relegation side rather than against likely top 6 contenders.

Same starting 11, same subs, for me.

Subs bench is already looking useful & influential.

Is Baldock injured? We looked better on Saturday after Duffy came on. (and Ched and Brooks).

No 'soz' needed. Billy isn't up to it at this level. He scored 30 last season which was great but he missed a huge amount of chances too. You just don't get as many chances in the Champ so have to be far more clinical than Billy is
I think it'll get to the stage where we won't be able to play Billy in away games but he will be a starter for home games

Back
Top Bottom