Team for Leeds?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

- - - - - - - - - - - - Ramsdale - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - Basham - Ampadu - O'Connell - - - -

- - - Baldock - Berge - Osborn - Lowe - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Didzy - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - McBurnie - Burke - - - - - - - - -

I personall think we're a better team with Norwood in it.

For me

-----------------------------------Ramsdale---------------------------------

Baldock--------------Ampadu--------------O'Connell----------------Lowe

-----------------------Basham--------------Osborn-------------------------

--------Lundstram--------------McGoldrick-------------------Fleck--------

--------------------------------------Burke-----------------------------------

We need a fresh approach. Teams are well aware since lockdown how easily we can be shut down and stopped and where our weaknesses are.

We need a cautious, progressive approach against the dirties, and we need to beat the dirty fucking scummy cunts.

Sorry. Tried to be reasonable there. But it's Leeds United.

Hating the pigs comes as part of the DNA sequence.

Hating Leeds is an acquired condition, brought about by years observing the dirty, cheating, self-aggrandising, lowlife, Calendar bastards.

pommpey
Which is worse, Leeds United or McCabe? 😀

I’d go
Ramsdale
Bash. Ampadu. JO’C
Baldock. Berge Norwood. Fleck. Lowe
Diddzy. Burke.

Burke finally fulfilling his huge potential could be one of big success stories of Wilders reign, early signs are his signing could be an absolute master stroke

Rammers
Baldock
JOC
Bash
Ampadu
Stevens
Norwood
Berge
Fleck
McBurnie
Didzy

Really can't see there being any wholesale changes barring a new forward coming in. I'd like to see at least Bogle or Lowe on the bench to give us a little more of a threat going forward if we need to chase the game.

I really hope leaving Norwood out on Monday was fitness related because he's pivotal to what we do in the middle of the pitch.

Although I'd absolutely love to see glimmers of what made us so successful last season, we know that Leeds play an expansive attacking game and realistically, we need to expect that it's probably going to be another backs to the wall job. Soaking up pressure and hitting them on the break when we can.

At this stage I'll take a 1-0 win coming off of McBurnie's ballsack in the 93rd minute if need be.

I get the need to rotate the squad and and drop out of form players f
I personall think we're a better team with Norwood in it.
I couldn't agree more - he's pivotal to the way we play. Other than a few poor set pieces, what has he actually done to be left out of so many peoples' starting 11s??

Reactions: MJM
Rammers
Baldock
JOC
Bash
Ampadu
Stevens
Norwood
Berge
Fleck
McBurnie
Didzy

Really can't see there being any wholesale changes barring a new forward coming in. I'd like to see at least Bogle or Lowe on the bench to give us a little more of a threat going forward if we need to chase the game.

I really hope leaving Norwood out on Monday was fitness related because he's pivotal to what we do in the middle of the pitch.

Although I'd absolutely love to see glimmers of what made us so successful last season, we know that Leeds play an expansive attacking game and realistically, we need to expect that it's probably going to be another backs to the wall job. Soaking up pressure and hitting them on the break when we can.

At this stage I'll take a 1-0 win coming off of McBurnie's ballsack in the 93rd minute if need be.
I spotted a geezer on a bike on Gleadless rd this morning who was a dead ringer for McBurnie. Perhaps it was him toughening up said ballsac😁

Reactions: MJM
I get the need to rotate the squad and and drop out of form players f

I couldn't agree more - he's pivotal to the way we play. Other than a few poor set pieces, what has he actually done to be left out of so many peoples' starting 11s??

Watch him as an individual a little more often and you’ll understand why he shouldn’t be in the starting 11.

His defence is woeful, he can’t tackle, but he also doesn’t give a fuck, really grinds my gears when he could’ve put in a challenge, or at least closed someone down, but instead points the finger at whoever’s closest to him to get into them and then proceeds to ball watch. As well as that, his set pieces are awful, I said this about a year ago, but when we’re winning everyone shoots you down in flames. I don’t look a cunt now though do I? Everyone’s bringing it up when we’ve got it rough.

Ramsdale
Basham - JOC - Robinson
Bogle - Ampadu - Berge - Fleck - Lowe
McBurnie - Burke

When Berge plays central midfield we play some 10 - 15 yards further forward.
Norwood sits in our half collecting the ball off our defence and usually gives it them back, on the odd occasion he pings a ball out wide and on a very rare occasion he plays it forward.

Deane
Deane Deane Deane Deane
Deane Deane Deane Deane
Deane Deane

It would be interesting if the failure to land Brewster tempts Wider to be a bit more adventurous with his starting XI. Somehow I doubt it though.
What Wider sees in training, the other players see too, so if his selection is based on what he sees in training, it has to be fully justified? 🤷‍♂️

deck-chairs-on-Titanic-copy.jpg

I’ve read through this entire thread and I haven’t yet seen anyone post the correct formation and team, which Wilder will go with and here’s why:

(For context, remember that Leeds are so aggressively attacking it’s insane, they overload everywhere and are very gung ho in their approach, and we managed to get a win last time at their place with a fantastic game plan, don’t expect wilder to divert from that successful game plan in a hurry. We will be looking to concede possession and soak it up before hitting them on the break)

Back 3:

- Basham - he won’t make the same mistake as last time and play him in midfield. He had an absolute nightmare and very nearly got hooked before his famous ‘BASHAMS ARRIVING’ moment. Also having him in the starting 11 makes it a lot easier to change the system later in the game.

- Ampadu - because jags is too slow. Because we will be playing in a low block where his pace won’t be such a problem and his reading of the game could be useful I wouldn’t be that surprised the see jags in, but I think wilder will see this as a great opportunity to test Ampadu and if he has a good game, I expect him to keep the shirt. Also, spoiler alert but there is no Norwood in this team, expect Ampadu to step out of defence and try to dictate the tempo and our play with passes in a way that egan doesn’t (Norwood usually does this for us).

JOC - because he is jack o fucking Connell and he heads fucking bricks and is probably the second best left footed CB in the prem/planet.

Baldock - because he is tried and tested and as good as bogle is I think he will be on the bench to offer something different if we’re chasing the game.

Stevens - I know he’s in bad form and he has been for a while, but this is really not the game to drop in Lowe, who arguably offers more going forward. We are going to be under the cosh for large portions of the game and Stevens will offer us more at defending set pieces and general defending and understanding of the system. I really like Lowe but this is really not the game to be blooding in new people like him. If circumstances were different and we’d won the last two, perhaps, but wilder will go with Stevens. If he has a shit game though I don’t doubt Lowe will get his chance in the next game and rightly so.

Berge - he’ll play as the holding midfielder for his athleticism and because he’s played fantastically in the last few games. Yes his passing range isn’t what norwood’s is but the ability to take a man on and power past them and transition through midfield is a similar quality and Ampadu will be behind him pinging it around anyway so it won’t matter. He’s going to be sat deep and will have to play within tight spaces a lot. I love Ollie Norwood, but the thing is, if he has a bad game, we have a bad game. We can’t risk him not being at it and the whole team/structure falling down because of that. I think Wilder MIGHT play Norwood for his set pieces but I think Berge is the better option here.

Fleck - yes he’s had a really bad start to the season. Have you watched united and fleck for the last 4 years? It’s every year. The only way you get to become a world class box to box left footed central midfielder is by playing him through this patch in the early season and work off those iron brus. It’s happened every year for 4 years. I would accept Osborn in for fleck only based on the work rate we will have to get through against these in a local derby but I still think fleck is the correct option today. If he comes good it’s game over for them.

Lunny - yes guys I’m sorry to say but Lunny will be starting at rcm. They will be overloading every area and we will require absolute athletes being completely committed in midfield to not only deal with their extreme attacking outlook but also have the energy to threaten going forward by putting men in the box when we get our rare chances going forward. I’d like to drop him because he is pissing me off a bit, and Norwood’s set pieces could be useful but can you imagine Norwood making an 80 yard run on the break to offer men/options in the box and a goal threat? No, nor me.

Mcgoldrick - he’s going to play number 10, because when we actually get the ball, we need to be very clever with it and hold it up while we get men forward and make the right pass, they’re also ridiculous at pressing, so they will be all over him when he gets it because they’ll know how dangerous he is, so you need someone comfortable in tight spaces. He’s the only forward that can offer what he does on the transition.

Burke - I think he will play up top because of his pace. They will commit fucking everyone forward. They’re fucking crap at the back. A clever didzy ball over the top to utlize his pace could provide the one chance we need in this game.

Bench:

Fods- because sub keeper

Bogle - because if we’re chasing the game it’s an option

Jags - covers all three defender positions really

Oaborn - lwb cover and comes on for fleck when knackered and we’re 1-0 up and need the work rate

Norwood - obvious reasons

Mcburnie - offers something different ? Is from Leeds ? Supports Leeds ?

Sharp - loves scoring against Leeds.

So in summary:

Ramsdale

Baldock
Basham
Ampadu
JOC
Stevens

Lunny
Berge
Fleck

Mcgoldrick
Burke

That’s what he’ll go with. Wouldn’t necessarily be my 11 but that’s what he will go with and he’s always right so....

Last edited:
Ramsdale

Bash Ampadu. JOC
Baldock Enda

Norwood
Berge. Osborn

McBurnie. McGoldrick

Harsh on Burke maybe, but imho McBurnie will be crucial in this game. We know how hard Leeds will press and sometimes we'll have to play over rather than round the press.
Fleck has started slowly yet again and Osborn has the energy to help disrupt Leeds.
Without Norwood we lack a set piece taker and someone capable of delivering a dangerous cross.

But with Norwood we sit some ten - fifteen yards deeper and invite them on.
He does deliver dangerous crosses sometimes, on other occasions he hits the first man and is always in danger of giving the ball away in dangerous positions at least once a match.
Good player but needs to tidy things up

Not Brewster
Not Brewster - Not Brewster - Not Brewster
Not Brewster - Not Brewster - Not Brewster - Not Brewster - Not Brewster
Not Brewster - Not Brewster​

Back
Top Bottom