Surely The Board Can Fund Brewsters Deal £18m Over a Period - Or is Examiner Live **** Stirring

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reluctant though I am to add to yet another Brewster thread, I think some folks should just take a breath really and not be jumping to conclusions about our Board being stingy or short-sighted by not progressing this deal, yet. I don't think it's about us not having the money, I think it's all about negotiation.

From what we hear, Liverpool want to sell, but the price that's being banded around, £20M, on one hand seems a lot for a young kid who's got one good season on loan behind him in the Championship last season. What would have been his value at this time last year? Maybe a quarter of that? On the other hand, if he can reproduce that kind of form at Premier League level he'd be worth double that in a year's time.

Looking at it from our perspective, we are desperate to add another striker, preferably a young one with an eye for goal, to the squad. And this lad sounds like he could be a great prospect. Don't forget though that there's always two sides to a negotiation. Liverpool are also very keen to get some money back in the coffers to offset the spending this summer on other players.

It's difficult sometimes, when you want something so badly, that you lose sight of the fact that the other party also want something so badly as well. I think the following article gives an interesting perspective from Liverpool's side, one that probably we don't always consider?

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2020/...an-brewster-stance-as-club-reportedly-stalls/

As the close of the transfer window gets nearer, there may well be movement on both sides. After all, there's a talented young footballer there in the middle of all this, who, it seems, is keen to come here.

Reluctant though I am to add to yet another Brewster thread, I think some folks should just take a breath really and not be jumping to conclusions about our Board being stingy or short-sighted by not progressing this deal, yet. I don't think it's about us not having the money, I think it's all about negotiation.

From what we hear, Liverpool want to sell, but the price that's being banded around, £20M, on one hand seems a lot for a young kid who's got one good season on loan behind him in the Championship last season. What would have been his value at this time last year? Maybe a quarter of that? On the other hand, if he can reproduce that kind of form at Premier League level he'd be worth double that in a year's time.

Looking at it from our perspective, we are desperate to add another striker, preferably a young one with an eye for goal, to the squad. And this lad sounds like he could be a great prospect. Don't forget though that there's always two sides to a negotiation. Liverpool are also very keen to get some money back in the coffers to offset the spending this summer on other players.

It's difficult sometimes, when you want something so badly, that you lose sight of the fact that the other party also want something so badly as well. I think the following article gives an interesting perspective from Liverpool's side, one that probably we don't always consider?

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2020/...an-brewster-stance-as-club-reportedly-stalls/

As the close of the transfer window gets nearer, there may well be movement on both sides. After all, there's a talented young footballer there in the middle of all this, who, it seems, is keen to come here.
Interesting alternative perspective in that article Cerberus, nice to read something different on the Brewster situation

But Liverpool want it both ways.

Get £20m for the player, if he bombs like Ravel they’re £20m in pocket laughing. Ergo we are £20 out of pocket and a wage bill.

If he reaches his full potential he could be worth £50m in a season or maybe 2. Liverpool get him back for £37m ie £13m below market value.

If they let him come to us to develop for say £8m and he reaches full potential it’s a more amicable share of the player and the effort to develop him. It’s like using your neighbours power to light your house.

I wouldn’t be totally convinced as to how could Brewster is.

I’ve nothing to suggest he wouldn’t be a good investment by the way but he still fits firmly into the unproven category for me. His career has only just started and Wilder will have a valuation based on potential versus risk.
We don't buy 'proven' players though do we? They have to prove themselves once they arrive. It's the Wilder ethos influenced also by our limited budget no?
Seems some of our fans are more focused on 'proven' than CWAK.😊

yes they have tv money. but thats towards the end of the season & this is the worst possible year to get relegated. finically
Didn't we get any PL money last season then?
And isn't it paid in 3 portions over the season?

Back
Top Bottom