Summer recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladeinleeds

Reaction score
I was Just thinking today that despite promotion we are possibly looking at a smaller pool of players to choose from this year - ones you expect to perform in the premier league.

If we were still in the championship we’d no doubt be linked to loan players dropping down from the prem, the best of league one or 2 and some sneaky championship transfers. I guess Similar to the market we had been operating in.

Moving up we’re now operating where I expect we’re aiming for some of the best of the championship - and these are gonna cost a significant whack say 10m plus (basics of supply and demand) so we really don’t have the room for 7/8/9 of theses.

I’m sure wilder has a plan and you’d expect him to pull in some savvy deals as ever but I’m wondering where all the signings are gonna come from. Interesting times ahead I expect

But I’m thinking that some investment in Our scouting infrastructure overseas (using pl cash) wouldn’t go amiss and could pay dividends in the future. It would act to increase the pool of players available and then wilder etc could do their homework and see if they would fit in with the team.

To my mind a few million invested in that side of the operations and the academy too would be as well spent as a punt on a couple of players.

Didn't he also get a copy of FIFA 2019? We haven't been able to afford this until we knew Prem cash was incoming.

God I can't wait for something to happen.

And in other news....
Bought some fuel last week from that service station next to the ground using a debit card, and it appears in my bank transactions as “Bramhall Lane PS”
?!?! Go figure

Scouting
Stadia
Seating
Subsistence
Sanitary ware.

Will all need to be improved.

I think recruitment will be very difficult this summer. The court case is very unhelpful and trying to get players in who are going to improve us in the PL that won’t bust the wage levels and potentially damage the team spirit virtually impossible.

On alleged individual targets it’s been a bad start to the window with the complications around Henderson at MU; Pulis getting sacked will delay and possibly end any hope of Assombalonga and Potter going to BHA makes the McBurnie option less likely

But I’m thinking that some investment in Our scouting infrastructure overseas (using pl cash) wouldn’t go amiss and could pay dividends in the future. It would act to increase the pool of players available and then wilder etc could do their homework and see if they would fit in with the team.

Great idea but it won't happen overnight though and certainly without significant financial input, which one season in the Prem can't possibly finance.

Man City have around 8 scouts just covering Europe. Our much derided John Gannon is one of them, covering Italy and Switzerland and probably costs City about £250k per year all in, for salary, hotels and travel costs. So something like £2m per year just for Europe and of course they have scouts in the UK, North and South America, Africa, the Middle East and the rest of Asia. Their head of scouting is another ex Blade, Brian Marwood.

Great idea but it won't happen overnight though and certainly without significant financial input, which one season in the Prem can't possibly finance.

Man City have around 8 scouts just covering Europe. Our much derided John Gannon is one of them, covering Italy and Switzerland and probably costs City about £250k per year all in, for salary, hotels and travel costs. So something like £2m per year just for Europe and of course they have scouts in the UK, North and South America, Africa, the Middle East and the rest of Asia. Their head of scouting is another ex Blade, Brian Marwood.

I agree - but we don’t need to go from 0-100 mph straight away.

But if Brentford can manage to scout Europe I don’t see why we can’t especially with a. Boost in money from the PL.

I think recruitment will be very difficult this summer. The court case is very unhelpful and trying to get players in who are going to improve us in the PL that won’t bust the wage levels and potentially damage the team spirit virtually impossible.

On alleged individual targets it’s been a bad start to the window with the complications around Henderson at MU; Pulis getting sacked will delay and possibly end any hope of Assombalonga and Potter going to BHA makes the McBurnie option less likely

I'm sure our players will have received a bonus
I'm also sure that they will accept players on more money than them as well.
It's up to last season's players to become Premier League quality, then they can negotiate higher wages

The court case isn't great obviously but as shown in the past season, United has come first even with those two pillocks throwing their shit at each other.

The budget will be what Wilder asked for, I have no doubt. It might be at the lower end of a bracket that Wilder asked for, but it'll be enough for him to feel like he can work.

Also, I think it'll be easy to identify targets that would improve us, there's always difficulty in getting them over the line but it'll be a good pool.

At our best this season, as a Championship team I'd have fancied us against a fair few PL teams, bottom 6 or so, if we can get the few players in that address our minor weaknesses, more depth, different kinds of players, a proper backup for Duffy then we'll be massively improved, and those players don't need to be Ballon d'Or winners or be on high wages, the better championship level players, like Robinson at PNE would improve us. That Luton RWB Justin, he would give us options and likely improve us without being on £100k a week.

As for Henderson, the thing that is most likely to hold that up isn't Dr Gea's contract, it's Deano's.

Back
Top Bottom