SUFC YouTube channel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeTillIDie

Reaction score
I use this alot to watch interviews with managers/players and highlights but does anyone think they post too many pointless videos like on twitter?

There's a full 3 minute video on the basham "red card". Why lol? People miss out on the more interested videos because there's too many to go through...

Anyway WILDER AHHT before i get shot down;)

I use this alot to watch interviews with managers/players and highlights but does anyone think they post too many pointless videos like on twitter?

There's a full 3 minute video on the basham "red card". Why lol? People miss out on the more interested videos because there's too many to go through...

Anyway WILDER AHHT before i get shot down;)
I think they’re doing a very good job to be fair - the behind the blades and shirecliffe stuff is great. Also lots of interviews and highlights options - would rather have too much than too little and I don’t find it hard to navigate. Just arrange videos by upload (most recent first) and you shouldn’t miss anything.

I do skip a fair few of the more pointless ones but they all get views so if people watch em why not put em out?

Didn't we come top of some table recently because of how well our social media interaction was recieved?

Didn't we come top of some table recently because of how well our social media interaction was recieved?

I thought we just moved into a significant position “social media wise” something like in the top 25 of football clubs social media hits.

Yeah I think the coverage is amazing. Please look at it from an expat perspective. Im not surrounded by updates, friends/family banter or going to games anymore so any opportunity to feel the atmosphere, which our social media team capture amazingly, is really appreciated.

The behind the scenes clips are fantastic.

Yeah I think the coverage is amazing. Please look at it from an expat perspective. Im not surrounded by updates, friends/family banter or going to games anymore so any opportunity to feel the atmosphere, which our social media team capture amazingly, is really appreciated.

The behind the scenes clips are fantastic.
The behind the scenes stuff has helped me to connect with the current squad in a way I haven’t felt since the Triple Assault season.
The media output also helped to create the feeling of being part of the promotion celebrations, despite my only physical involvement being the Ipswich game.

Our media team are very shrewd and know that people will be searching for the "first ever overturned red from VAR" maybe not now not tonight but I guarantee that has a load of hits one day. The club get paid from it etc etc.

We are also the lowest ranked Premier League club for fan interaction apparently. Which I personally think is complete bollocks but there you go.

I like 'behind the scenes' ones just think they post too many other videos. I think the Twitter page is more OTT with posts though.

I reckon it's probably a prerequisite of being in the Premier league.

A couple of weeks ago we overtook Wednesday for the first time ever in terms of subscribers.

We've always been about 10,000 behind them until this season.

Dem Blades are massive now.

The more regularly they post the more the YouTube algorithm pushes their vidoes in the "suggested videos" section, getting the club seen by those who might not search for Sheffield United videos. It's all part of the global appeal of the Premier League. And if it makes new Blades fans then it's done its job.

So what is and isn't pointless in your opinion? It's not like they are posting random ads for stuff. The majority is football related - really don't see any issue.

Some videos the club put on twitter of goals or skills can get 1 million views without adding on youtube or facebook. Its worth it to sponsors to say social media has had x amount of views online.

I don't mind it one bit. The more the club feels like sharing the better.

A couple of weeks ago we overtook Wednesday for the first time ever in terms of subscribers.

We've always been about 10,000 behind them until this season.

Dem Blades are massive now.
Is it sad that i noticed this too? I kept looking how many subscribers we had and everyday gained at least a 100!

Were catching up their Twitter followers and i reckon by end of the season we will be above.

Facebook is the bizarre one.. they have over 100k more likes than us!

Is it sad that i noticed this too? I kept looking how many subscribers we had and everyday gained at least a 100!

Were catching up their Twitter followers and i reckon by end of the season we will be above.

Facebook is the bizarre one.. they have over 100k more likes than us!

Not sure of the stats now but my overriding feeling of Facebook is that it’s inhabited by those short of grey matter, it stands to reason that a lot of pigs are involved.

Back
Top Bottom