SUFC Women

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Louis Hobbs

Reaction score

They need to look at the standard of refereeing full stop, not just in women's football.

They need to look at the standard of refereeing full stop, not just in women's football.

This is very true. In the non-league side in which Jnr plays, we had a game where the ref couldn't read the illuminated number board.. squinting away until he gave up and walked to about ten yards away from it.

And he's not been the worse I've seen this season. Last game, both sets of players, management teams and supporters were laughing at the officials ineptitude.

Having said that, I watched SUFC Women away at Villa Louis Hobbs and thought the ref was very good (unlike the result :()

Agreed there it has definitely got worse but then not sure if it is the players that are finding ways to make it so doesnt help with the diving and messing around/time wasting culture that is in the British game now.

Won 6-0 at the weekend.

Further case for smaller nets in the women's game. GK should've save at least 4, maybe 5 of these.

From what Ive seen of women’s football, any young girl who set her stall out and dedicated her time towards becoming a decent goalkeeper, could walk into any team in the country. :eek:

Won 6-0 at the weekend.

Further case for smaller nets in the women's game. GK should've save at least 4, maybe 5 of these.

I wish I was a woman with my current mediocre footballing ability.

I'd 100% be the top scorer, by far at the highest level of women's football, and I'm not even joking.

I wish I was a woman with my current mediocre footballing ability.

I'd 100% be the top scorer, by far at the highest level of women's football, and I'm not even joking.

I played five aside football with a young lady who played for Sheffield FC a few years ago. She was easily the beat player on the pitch. Everyone else was a mediocre bloke

Want me to try and get a pre-season friendly so you can prove it? ;)

Please do. I understand how this comes across, but I'd put money on it. Might identify as a woman for a year, have trials at Arsenal Ladies, score 70 and then revert back to Steve at the end of the season, just to prove a point.

I played five aside football with a young lady who played for Sheffield FC a few years ago. She was easily the beat player on the pitch. Everyone else was a mediocre bloke

Aye, I'd still have em.

A good few years ago now, our midweek training sessions always included this woman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_Broadhurst

It was men playing at a good level, with just Jo as the only female. Hard as fucking nails, always ready to punch your head in if she thought you were taking the piss, and she could play a bit as well. Goalkeeping might be an issue at the moment, but ability levels are climbing rapidly in the womens game.

From what Ive seen of women’s football, any young girl who set her stall out and dedicated her time towards becoming a decent goalkeeper, could walk into any team in the country. :eek:

The Man City goalkeeper Becky Rainworth ( i think that's her name) is only 19, englands 4th choice keeper and started at SUFC - she went to Westfield School and is doing rather well for herself.

Maybe if more girls did this, then it would increase competition for places, which would then increase the standard. It's called progression and it will happen but not overnight.

Interestingly, I saw a documentary a few years ago about the Australian women's team (the Matildas) and at that time (maybe 10 years ago) only one of the women was a professional footballer. She was the goalkeeper and she played for a men's team.

Technically women in the league are excellent but obviously they can’t compete physically.
The game becomes different because there’s not the same power in shots or crosses.
Also the nets are too big. Better to enjoy it as a separate game and not compare it to the men’s or boys game.
Agree the standard of goalkeeping seems really poor, more like 14 year old school boy level.

Technically women in the league are excellent but obviously they can’t compete physically.
The game becomes different because there’s not the same power in shots or crosses.
Also the nets are too big. Better to enjoy it as a separate game and not compare it to the men’s or boys game.
Agree the standard of goalkeeping seems really poor, more like 14 year old school boy level.

On a serious note pig at work went to watch because of his daughter and he doesn't watch us at all but has our over lapping centre halves rammed down his throat all the time.

However he came into work and said how impressed he was with the way the team swarmed all over the opposition using the centre halves as wing backs.

After the game he was chatting to the manager and she told him that Wilder had been in, done some coaching regarding it and how it made perfect sense to them and how its affected results.

They've gone a few games unbeaten since then and kept clean sheets? Not sure about results, not looked it up.

Wrong thread title for click bait. Call it ‘Madine’ or ‘Fleck’ and you’re laughing.

If he wants some views you could advise the use of the name “ched”

That would sort it..

On a serious note pig at work went to watch because of his daughter and he doesn't watch us at all but has our over lapping centre halves rammed down his throat all the time.

However he came into work and said how impressed he was with the way the team swarmed all over the opposition using the centre halves as wing backs.

After the game he was chatting to the manager and she told him that Wilder had been in, done some coaching regarding it and how it made perfect sense to them and how its affected results.

They've gone a few games unbeaten since then and kept clean sheets? Not sure about results, not looked it up.

Won their last 7 in a row by all accounts, including promoted Spurs.

Yeah I noticed they couldn't buy a win at the beginning of the season but things had picked up, let's have a quick look...

haven't not watched much womens football, but what I have seen, it's always the goalkeepers that are poor.

the standard of goalkeepers is light years behind the standard of outfield players.

it's not about making the goals smaller - it's about goal keepers getting better.

question is: can they increase stamina and strength needed? Evolution has made males and females different, so probably not.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom