Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Unofficial Roster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With Michael Verrips & Jake Eastwood going out on Goalie Loan, we've updated the Unofficial Roster. Antwoine, Iliman, Zak & Kyron have all featured in First Team Squads recently. But, for the moment, we're keeping them at U23 in the Roster. Let me know of any errors/omissions.

Screenshot_20210203-191432_Docs.jpg

In case anyone missed it
As the January Window closed, we named 23 players in our Premier League "25 man squad".
Regular First Teamers Ampadu, Bogle & Brewster are named in our U21 list, as is Hackford.
I've rejigged & updated the Unofficial Roster accordingly.

Screenshot_20210209-183919_Docs.jpg

When you put it like this Wilder's pre-match comments make sense, the lefties are the problem. Its time to embrace the centre-right.

When you put it like this Wilder's pre-match comments make sense, the lefties are the problem. Its time to embrace the centre-right.
And. I hope you'll understand. By constantly updating this Roster on this thread. I'm trying to give information. To help. To Do Good. To be a Do Gooder if you will. Wilder has made it clear there's no role for Do Gooders like me. But, fuck him, it's my club, not his. The Roster will outlive him.

As predicted a few posts above, The Unofficial Roster has outlived Wilder. Today, of all days, let's just use this, frankly, Big List for Nerds & Geeks to remind ourselves the club ticks on.
First team debut for Iliman shoves him up a rung or two to help catch the Director of Footballs eye. Updatearooney....

Screenshot_20210314-154811_Docs.jpg

Now, officially the longest SUFC player based thematic thread on the Internet. Sam Ashton gets his U18 debut this afts at the very CBF tickable Maldon & Tiptree FC. The Unofficial Roster, you say? Completed it mate.

Screenshot_20210320-132228_Docs.jpg

Lankshear got his U23 debut today as well 🤓

Glory hunters everywhere!
He did. But, he's a Roster Anomaly. As the January Window closed, all PL teams named their squads. Utd included a load of named U21 players. (As did most clubs). The Roster is organised to include ALL those named players. (See the column headings). Lankshear was NOT named. So, when he made his U18 Debut, he got stuck in the final column of my Unofficial Roster. Strictly, he shouldn't be moved up. Because he's not a PL named squad player. I've amended the column heading of the final column.
Screenshot_20210427-163420_Docs.jpg

He did. But, he's a Roster Anomaly. As the January Window closed, all PL teams named their squads. Utd included a load of named U21 players. (As did most clubs). The Roster is organised to include ALL those named players. (See the column headings). Lankshear was NOT named. So, when he made his U18 Debut, he got stuck in the final column of my Unofficial Roster. Strictly, he shouldn't be moved up. Because he's not a PL named squad player. I've amended the column heading of the final column.
View attachment 111577
And this, is exactly why they say leave it to the experts! 😅

Cheers Phil! 😁

And this, is exactly why they say leave it to the experts! 😅

Cheers Phil! 😁
And this is exactly why it's the UNOFFICIAL Roster.
(Strictly speaking, Josh Smith could play for the First Team on Sunday as he was named in the January PL lists. Strictly speaking Lankshear couldn't as he wasn't named in those lists. The Unofficial Roster tries to reflect that)

Last edited:
Double Header for the Academy today. They had to dig deep for players. Good job we're providing the caretaker managers and Del with the Unofficial Roster to help. Debut for Charlie Staniland.
Screenshot_20210504-170852_Docs.jpg

As Tracey & Ben sang....

Amongst all the dross
The lies and the grief
There are so many things you just wouldn't believe

Debut for Jebbo
Roster. Unofficial. Updated.
Screenshot_20210508-162426_Docs.jpg

So. With Sam Graham signing for Rochdale, the Carrier Bag Firm are now prepared to stick our heads above the parapet for 2021/22. This is the starting point for the Unofficial Roster. Currently it's categorised in the way the club's official submission to the EFL will have to be. Crucially as a squad of players over 21. I've singled out two players, who, despite being U21, I would consider to be First Team Squad players & unlikely to play U23. All the other youngsters who debuted and played under Heckingbottom have dropped back into the U23 or even Scholars columns. Exactly where players feature on the Unofficial Roster, particularly at this stage, is immaterial. Don't get hung up on it. The columns to the right will become much more populated as U23 & U18 league games get played and we fill in the players actually seen on the voyage. I know a number of parents read the forum. Don't worry if your Lad isn't on there at the mo'. As soon as he pulls a shirt on in anger, he's on.

(credit good pinch)

Happy to take corrections & errors & omissions.

Screenshot_20210729-185615_Docs.jpg

Who is this Lopata, Have you any gen on him ? Like age, first name where he comes from

Gorgeous George Broadbent out on loan to Rochdale.
Means it's Unofficial Roster time......
Screenshot_20210803-142659_Docs.jpg

Fabulous Femi joins the Belgian Player Trafficking Organisation.....
Update to the Unofficial Roster

Screenshot_20210813-095338_Docs.jpg

Are we no longer Academy wreckers? ;)
You need to go back in time & find the phrase I actually used to describe our Academy. It wasn't Wreckers. But, the Unofficial Roster perfectly illustrates what I worry about.

Back
Top Bottom