Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Unofficial Roster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
This is an update of a thing I've posted before. I'm very grateful to good pinch for his help. It's an attempt at a full list of every SUFC player, including those with U23 & U18 game time in 2020/21. I'm sometimes asked "how close is he to the First Team bench?". A proper answer would cover skills, physical strength, experience, attitude, etc. But, one answer to "how close" is simply the length of the queue in front of him. In these wonder days of video footage from every game at every level, people can see a 28 second snippet of a wonder strike & think "pick him now". This graphic attempts to show a sort of pecking order & how many other players have a claim.
It's v much a work in progress. And I'd love corrections & suggestions if you have them. Don't get caught up in "positional" & exact classification, it's meant to give a general picture. Hope it helps.....

Screenshot_20201216-092352_Docs.jpg

Last seasons under 23 captain has gone to Liverpool, Liverpool docks that is, training to be a port inspector, looking for drugs & illegal immigrants etc. His football dream shattered.

Jack Waldron, another U18 debutant this morning. So, the Carrier Bag Firm have updated the Unofficial Roster....

Screenshot_20201219-103508_Docs.jpg

I've been (helpfully) alerted to some errors. And Kurtis Havenhand has just come on as an U18 Sub. So, here's the latest version of the Unofficial Roster (adds Kurtis & George Dickinson)

Screenshot_20201219-124758_Docs.jpg

The Unofficial Roster can/will get quite messy in the Loans & U23 columns around this time of year. For some players, one loan spell might end while they wait for another to be arranged. Or even for a permanent move to be sorted. The latest update is Harry Boyes loan spell at Bradford Park Avenue ending. So, nominally, he's back with us. But, I'd expect him to go out again before the window ends. Currently, I've left Mallon & Parkhouse in the loans column. But, I'd expect movement soon. Anyway.....

Screenshot_20210109-123346_Docs.jpg

With George Broadbent moving on loan to Belgium, we've updated the Unofficial Roster. There is inevitably a bit of confusion between the Loans & U23 columns as old deals come to an end & new deals are negotiated.
Screenshot_20210111-170935_Docs.jpg

Ahhh missed that one just saw he was still on the broadbent roster update nice idea for a thread btw.
Thanks. You've lost me a bit - Belehouan & Broadbent are correctly in the LOANS column aren't they?

Thanks. You've lost me a bit - Belehouan & Broadbent are correctly in the LOANS column aren't they?
Yep sorry me that’s got confused misread it and thought you’d got him behind Bryan on the depths chart.

Rhys Norrington-Davies swaps one loan for another, so basically stays where he is/was in the Unofficial Roster.
Stephen Mallon moves on a permanent to Bohemians.
Here's the updated Unofficial Roster

Screenshot_20210112-200338_Docs.jpg

Marcus Dewhurst, Sam Graham & Harry Boyes are all back from loans & playing for the U23s this afts. And Hassan Ayari makes his U23 Debut. It's Mad January & Loan Limbo Land. But, I've tried to reflect all of that in an updated Unofficial Roster

Screenshot_20210120-141935_Docs.jpg

Marcus Dewhurst, Sam Graham & Harry Boyes are all back from loans & playing for the U23s this afts. And Hassan Ayari makes his U23 Debut. It's Mad January & Loan Limbo Land. But, I've tried to reflect all of that in an updated Unofficial Roster

View attachment 103482
Do you know much about Sam Graham Ball_Sup (Phil) ?

I noticed he's come straight back in and has taken not only the captain's armband, but also Kyron Gordon's place, so I'm figuring he must be pretty good or have fairly high hopes around him!

Do you know much about Sam Graham Ball_Sup (Phil) ?

I noticed he's come straight back in and has taken not only the captain's armband, but also Kyron Gordon's place, so I'm figuring he must be pretty good or have fairly high hopes around him!
Well. Usual disclaimer. Things move quickly in Academy football. And, no "fans" including me have seen any of them for a long time. Sam is now a senior U23 player. He's been out on loan, most recently at Notts County, and previously in Australia at Central Coast Mariners. I've not got much to go on, but it's my impression he's not set the world alight on those loans. I'd hope Utd are looking to move him out again on loan. Maybe he's in today's game as a shopwindow. I wouldn't persevere with him at U23, we won't learn anything more that we don't know. He's naturally come back as Captain, because of his experience & seniority.

Well. Usual disclaimer. Things move quickly in Academy football. And, no "fans" including me have seen any of them for a long time. Sam is now a senior U23 player. He's been out on loan, most recently at Notts County, and previously in Australia at Central Coast Mariners. I've not got much to go on, but it's my impression he's not set the world alight on those loans. I'd hope Utd are looking to move him out again on loan. Maybe he's in today's game as a shopwindow. I wouldn't persevere with him at U23, we won't learn anything more that we don't know. He's naturally come back as Captain, because of his experience & seniority.

Of the lads out on loan (the ones you have seen I mean, not Coulibaly), can you give a quick assessment of each?, just a line or two, if you have the time.

(and if you want to recommend any beers, feel free to do that of course!)

Edit: Probably no need to say anything about RND, sounds like he is doing fine for a young lad, stepping up into the men's game.

Brought back to cover Egan ? Perhaps he will play on Saturday

Of the lads out on loan (the ones you have seen I mean, not Coulibaly), can you give a quick assessment of each?, just a line or two, if you have the time.

(and if you want to recommend any beers, feel free to do that of course!)

Edit: Probably no need to say anything about RND, sounds like he is doing fine for a young lad, stepping up into the men's game.
Yes
Harry Boyes
I famously bluster - I can tell you who has played well on a particular day - I can tell you who has played consistently well over a few games - but I can't tell you who has potential - I'll give you Everton's number for that one.

I mention Boyes, because I really love watching him play. Nominally left wing back. But full of attacking intent. Pops up all over the pitch. Runs for ever. Including with the ball. Puts a smile on your face. Been at Bradford Park Avenue. I was wondering whether he might get a push on loan, maybe even to EFL2. Have to wait and see what happens in the next two weeks. Now of course Grappler that's a shit answer to your question, because he's not even on loan.....

Some players like RND go on lower level loans, rip it up, go on more senior loans, and rip it UP.

Tyler Smith and Regan Slater are now a long way way into senior loans. They're on a slow boil. Big gap to the PL. Less so to a Championship club.

Jean Belehouan is basically out on his first, more junior loan. That's a brave one for George Broadbent, out to Belgium. I like George a lot. He's been at Curzon Ashton - indeed, he was the last Blades players I saw (playing for Curzon) before all the games were canned with fans. He's become a strong attacking midfielder, with goals in him.

Not on loan, but I also like Marcus Dewhurst

Back
Top Bottom