Strikers sign some

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where is that taken,blue seats,still in Scotland maybe getting some more minutes with an extra match,because of the 45 minutes missed against Dundee.
Match confirmed for Friday, but will be fully behind closed doors I think, no stream no live updates just a report at the end. Decent opposition apparently

Looks like no big striker signing , if there’s one position we need it’s strikers we needed that more than signing berge in January and we need that more than cash/Burke/swift

Surely we can’t be letting Robinson go aswell if we’re not spending on a marquee striker signing

Sharp isn’t good enough moussett can’t be 100% relied on didz is great but he’s 33

We’ve only got mcburnie as a long term definite striker Option

Yes the prince has spent money on paying McCabe and Covid has hit match day revenue

But we are guaranteed TV money for the next what 4/5 years to not sign a proper striker would be criminal if we don’t

Standing stil in the premier league is going backwards
Did the transfer window close today or something.

Weird post

The issue is wilder said that's it for big signings that's criminal

Wilder is good at expectation management. If there’s someone we need and he gets them at the right price we’ll buy them.

Think we need some better creativity and delivery as much as a finisher. Wilder is trying to address this at wing back. Our strikers had relatively few chances last year, with more service I think we will see more goals. Think Berge will make a big difference and will be a major upgrade at RCM after becoming fully acclimatised. That will make a big difference. Reinstating the Stevens & Fleck partnership is also important.

Maybe a number 10, McGoldrick type withdrawn striker is the one to bring in. But I think McBurnie / Mousset is a good PL pair.

Maybe they don’t see the conversation rate of changes as being the issue, and that we’d see a better goal return by improving the creativity of the formation?
Because it’s not, and you’re right

Wilder is good at expectation management. If there’s someone we need and he gets them at the right price we’ll buy them.

And another 11 days for domestic transfers which, let's be honest, will be our main focus.

I still can't quite believe some of the bedwetting on here when the window doesn't shut until Octover 16th.

I actually prefer the window being open for the 1st month of the season as it allows clubs to assess their squads in proper game environments and some players that they may have thought weren't available become available. Norwood springs to mind in this category.

Nobody is saying that.
The huge difference is you're saying just go out and get on of these guaranteed strikers for £15-20m , like buying some frozen peas in Asda.
They are the holy grail, and not just going for peanuts. Getting somebody without spending stupid money, who doesn't smash the wage structure to pieces, and fits our ethos is more complex and skilled than your description.
The strikers we sign are not proven I’m saying we need to be signing the next best up and coming striker like we did with mcburnie who looks to be a good striker

I’m saying we should be signing players like watkins/Karlan grant all youngish strikers with huge upside

Not players like benteke journeymen

Like most people I would love a new striker to come in and get 10-15 goals. Unfortunately that is going to cost us a huge chunk of change.

However, I would see a formation tweak with a more attacking player in the middle on occasions could be the key to creating more chances and our existing strikers scoring more.

Even if we go with what we have got:

No reason mcburnie couldn’t get more now he is fully fit and upto speed (didn’t have a preseason last time out). He scored against some good sides (Chelsea, Man U, Spurs etc after all.) I think he could be good for 10 next season.

Mcgoldrick Will never be prolific but he can’t score that few next time out - I reckon he could be good for 5/6.

Sharp should be good for the same amount and closing games out.

Lys is the wild card - he was scoring at a ridiculous rate per 90mins. And if we get him right (big if) he’s 15+ Goal striker we are crying out for. Just getting the same contribution would also be huge. To me that should be where the focus is, can we get him right and can we get him fit. I hope so

Our strikers don't score because we aren't getting the ball to them. We need creativity. We scored shit loads in the Championship and League One.

#bringbacktheduffyrole
We do lack creativity but we also lack a premier league quality goalscorer. It’s far easier to score in L1 and the Championship.

The strikers we sign are not proven I’m saying we need to be signing the next best up and coming striker like we did with mcburnie who looks to be a good striker

I’m saying we should be signing players like watkins/Karlan grant all youngish strikers with huge upside

Not players like benteke journeymen
Striker is on Wilders list. Everybody knows that.
But he will do it in the right way, not your panic mode method.

Back
Top Bottom