Strikers sign some

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's actually been stated in the local media that we've not been interested Eze so I'd be interested in how strong your concrete links are.
Watkins you've already said is overpriced, so you're left with Dennis, who again I've not seen anything from a credible source to suggest we're seriously in for him.
We have been linked in the media with all of those strikers how strong those are we don’t know
And I said 25 million is overpriced which is the ammount reported in the media which likely isn’t true

We got 132 million pound last season and are guaranteed £100 million every season we stay in the prem

Not signing a quality striker for say 15/20 million may be the difference we go down
Who is this £15m striker that will bag 10-20 in the prem?
Just fax the details to CWAK, they'll be on it like a rat up a drainpipe

Last edited:

Your point is ? Shall we sign no one then ?

We have been linked in the media with all of those strikers how strong those are we don’t know
And I said 25 million is overpriced which is the ammount reported in the media which likely isn’t true
We've not been strongly linked with Eze though have we? That was based on posts on here and idle press speculation.
I've also not seen anything strong to say we're in for Watkins either again aside from throwing our name in to fill out an, x Premiership club are also interested.
I've seen nothing from local press, or the any credible source saying we're even looking at him or Dennis for that matter.

Eze is closer in comparison to Callum Robinson rather than McGoldrick isn't he? Doesn't he prefer to come inside from the left? Is he really that great an option for us?

Absolutely not - I'm commenting on the notion of punting Sharp & McGoldrick now as has been advocated
An additional goalscorer (be damned if I'll ever use the term 'striker' in a football context) would be ( more than) useful but ......
Buying 3 is likely more costly than 1 ? (Even with any 'saving' on Billy's & Didz salaries
We cant ( apparently / allegedly) attract ONE "decent striker" ( sic) let alone 3
Replacing B & D wholly overlooks their other contributions to the team/club (togetherness/ commitment/ example / experience etc etc etc)
Difficult enough to introduce / incorporate 1 ' new face' let alone your 3 forwards + Ramsdale + competition cover for George + the 'creative' midfielder' most folk say we need
Which quality new forwards are going to be keen to sign as to 2nd choice / back up ? Or should we punt Mouss & McB too - still leaves a disgruntled 3rd

Eze may be a perfect "long term replacement for McG but in the current financial environment is that a priority at present ? Implicitly you are acknowledging that McG is not 'done' yet ?
The PL money can't / doesn't just fund recruitment (& retention - which has significantly increased new contracts / 'bonus' for staying up) & in essence we've already spent some of the summer budget in January (Berge)
Also upgrading facilities & just taken on a 30m mortgage & still having to pay the gas & 'leccy
Realise that's more than 1 point but trust it assists

Nobody is saying that.
The huge difference is you're saying just go out and get on of these guaranteed strikers for £15-20m , like buying some frozen peas in Asda.
They are the holy grail, and not just going for peanuts. Getting somebody without spending stupid money, who doesn't smash the wage structure to pieces, and fits our ethos is more complex and skilled than your description.

Don’t worry Fallowfield I know where you are coming from.

Sharpe the legend is getting too old
McGoldrick is a wonderful player but struggled to score
McBurnie is getting better but will need to bang in double digit goalskis to be considered a great
Moose is talented and can put the ball in the net but went well off the boil( maybe why Bournemouth we’re happy to sell).

Thats 4 strikers 3 not considered as firm goalscorers. If we can find a real 15+ goals a season player then a young up coming striker we will be fine next season. If we don’t we could struggle but still think Wilder will keep us up.

Let's just all just calm down a bit. I know it can be stressful but there's over a month left of the window. I'm sure the club have targets and are trying very hard to bring them in within budget. Give it a few more weeks

Anybody ever played monopoly.

If you put a hotel on Old Kent Road you wont win the game,if your opponents are putting hotels on much grander propertys.

Its a game of chance,its a roll of the dice,but to win you should speculate to accumolate.

Can you imagine having to deal with players demands, wages, logistics, clubs lies/bluffs, offers, the press etc... never mind AGENTS!?
I bet this time of year is a fucking nightmare for straight laced blokes like Wilder!

He will get his men though, no need to panic.

Anybody ever played monopoly.

If you put a hotel on Old Kent Road you wont win the game,if your opponents are putting hotels on much grander propertys.

Its a game of chance,its a roll of the dice,but to win you should speculate to accumolate.
Those loading up on hotels on the grander properties tend to go bust, unless they fall very lucky, because they overspend too early. Much more sensible to just secure as many properties as possible, consolidate and then ramp it up in a planned way from that secure base. You don’t over stretch, so you have enough for any unplanned or unforeseen expenditure with the aim of staying in the game. If you do that then your chances of winning improve consistently the longer you stay in because you will always get those that break themselves through greed and over ambition.

Good analogy for life in the PL.

We have to accept that although we finished 9th last season, we are not an established PL club yet. We are going through an interim period where our main objective is to survive in the league year on year with restricted finances compared to many other clubs. We had to rely on a loan between the sticks to help keep our goal against figure down to one of the lowest in the league. We have now been able to buy Ramsgate who will be hopefully on par with Henderson. CW is now trying to strengthen the depth of the squad with some solid yet affordable signings. If it means we need to get in a loan striker or two with some pedigree with no chance of signing for us on a permanent then I would be more than happy.
If we are still in this league in 2 or 3 years time, we will then be in a position to compete with the 'big boys ' and spending £30m £40m £50m + on strikers earning top wages will become the norm.
I think we just need to be patient and let CW and the Prince steer us through these exciting and challenging times.
We just brought in 175m pounds is there not any money for a decent striker I'd rather not have matty cash and get a good striker

We just brought in 175m pounds is there not any money for a decent striker I'd rather not have matty cash and get a good striker
Maybe they don’t see the conversation rate of changes as being the issue, and that we’d see a better goal return by improving the creativity of the formation?

Don’t worry Fallowfield I know where you are coming from.

Sharpe the legend is getting too old
McGoldrick is a wonderful player but struggled to score
McBurnie is getting better but will need to bang in double digit goalskis to be considered a great
Moose is talented and can put the ball in the net but went well off the boil( maybe why Bournemouth we’re happy to sell).

Thats 4 strikers 3 not considered as firm goalscorers. If we can find a real 15+ goals a season player then a young up coming striker we will be fine next season. If we don’t we could struggle but still think Wilder will keep us up.
Everybody, including CW knows we need to strengthen up front.
Difference is our management aren't wetting the bed because it's not been done with the window still open til October.
Also they'll spend the money wisely on who can do the job for us in the Wilder way.
Or should we just go and spunk the £100m free money on anybody an agent puts in front of us??
I'll let the man who has given us our best years decide, not some randomer on a forum, who seems to have forgotten already.

Looks like Moose is staying and has been given number 11.

Could be an indication of Wilder's plans...
Where is that taken,blue seats,still in Scotland maybe getting some more minutes with an extra match,because of the 45 minutes missed against Dundee.

Back
Top Bottom