Strikers sign some

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We got 132 million pound last season and are guaranteed £100 million every season we stay in the prem

Not signing a quality striker for say 15/20 million may be the difference we go down

But we signed a striker for £20m ish and he didn't even finish top scorer.

tenor.gif

Just out of interest, which of our strikers are people expecting to register fewer goals next season?
  • Sharp - another year older, unlikely to get as many minutes so will likely score fewer goals
  • McGoldrick - very unlikely to be as wasteful as last season. If he gets the same sort of chances, he should score more than two.
  • Moussett - If he's fit enough to play more minutes, he should score more than six. Fitness is the key.
  • McBurnie - Can be a bit streaky form-wise but at worse, he should be scoring a similar amount to last year as he gets more used to playing within our system and a better understanding of his role
The goals I'm most concerned about losing are those that Lunny chipped in with. However, our centre-backs underperformed in front of goal last year so if this can be improved, it could make up this deficit.

We have 4 strikers two of them are 33+

One of them is quality mousset but hasn’t put a run of starting games in 3/4 years of playing in England

And Mcburnie who looks like he plays better alongside a partner

None of whom scored more than 6 goals in a full season

If we don’t improve on these then we may be staring a relegation battle in the face

Have we stopped signing players? Is the window shut yet? Are you getting your knickers in a twist a tad early?

Nope we have been priced out of 3 of our knows targets EZE/Watkins & Dennis

Plus our manager has said we won’t be spending significantly on a striker

I must've missed the maths class when the correlation between price tag and goals scored was covered.

Who has said the 3 players were known targets? All 3 have been speculation here, no real sources apart from maybe Watkins in January, and frankly, if Brentford want 25 million for him then i am happy to be priced out of that level of fee for such a player

Why the despondency ?
We have much the same team that enabled us to comfortably survive our first season and we are seeking more to add to that.
As far as I can see no teams below us have signed “better” players yet, so I don’t have any concerns.
In the unlikely event that we reach mid October with the same squad then I would worry, but that simply will not happen.
We aren’t progressing because we have a magic fairy, but because we have excellent management throughout the Club. Let them get on with the job.

Why the despondency? probably because we only have 2 strikers that actually scored more than 5 last season and only have 2 strikers that could be classed as Premier league quality in terms of goalscoring and that is McBurnie and Moussett trouble is Moose struggles with fitness.

So, I've checked Transfermarkt website; the following are currently out of contract:

Wayne Allison
Carl Asaba
Neil Shipperley
Steve Kabba
Dean Windass
Patrick Suffo
Carl Veart
Tony Agana

We should sign AND regularly play at least 4 of these, if not all.

Bring back Keith Edwards that's what I say.

Who has said the 3 players were known targets? All 3 have been speculation here, no real sources apart from maybe Watkins in January, and frankly, if Brentford want 25 million for him then i am happy to be priced out of that level of fee for such a player

We’ve have concrete links in the media that we have been in for them

Yes I agree 25 is far too much and I don’t think they want that much

But players like EZE who palace are signing for £16 mill we should be all over that

I must've missed the maths class when the correlation between price tag and goals scored was covered.

Yeah you must have because there actually is a correlation

Better player = More money

But players like EZE who palace are signing for £16 mill we should be all over that
Yes, lets pay £16 mill for a player who is a winger?

Yes, lets pay £16 mill for a player who is a winger?

He’s not a winger he is an Attacking mid no10 and probably the best replacement we could have got for Mcgoldrick long term

and then didnt produce...we need someone who will produce after they've signed the contract, not necessarily before it

and then didnt produce...we need someone who will produce after they've signed the contract, not necessarily before it
Again so how do you suggest we go about doing that ?
Would it not be spending money on a quality striker ?

Again so how do you suggest we go about doing that ?
Would it not be spending money on a quality striker ?
Theres no fool proof method, but ive just given you plenty examples of clubs spending large on strikers and then havent produced for them. We cant afford to waste money, yet

I for one wish we had a striker that didn't produce as much as Romelu Lukaku. 😂 🤷‍♂️
For chelsea and Man U i was talking about, for the price tag he had 1 good season. 2017/18. Not including West Brom and Everton

Theres no fool proof method, but ive just given you plenty examples of clubs spending large on strikers and then havent produced for them. We cant afford to waste money, yet

It’s not rocket science to buy good players you need to spend money aslong as we don’t spunk the money on 29 year olds for 30 million like Leeds have just done we won’t lose money and the players we sign will likely appreciate in value.

We finished 9th in the premier league we have just received 132 million in TV rights money yes we can afford to spend £20 million on a quality championship or foreign striker like Karlan grant / Watkins / eze / Dennis
If people are happy to spend naff all then don’t complain when we’re back in the championship And villa are signing our best players for peanuts

The club has the opportunity to cement the club as a premier league team if we scrimp and scrape hoping wilder will work magic which he probably will the we will get found out eventaully

For chelsea and Man U i was talking about, for the price tag he had 1 good season. 2017/18. Not including West Brom and Everton
Hasn’t he just scored like 40 goals for inter Milan

It’s not rocket science to buy good players you need to spend money aslong as we don’t spunk the money on 29 year olds for 30 million like Leeds have just done we won’t lose money and the players we sign will likely appreciate in value.

We finished 9th in the premier league we have just received 132 million in TV rights money yes we can afford to spend £20 million on a quality championship or foreign striker like Karlan grant / Watkins / eze / Dennis
If people are happy to spend naff all then don’t complain when we’re back in the championship And villa are signing our best players for peanuts

The club has the opportunity to cement the club as a premier league team if we scrimp and scrape hoping wilder will work magic which he probably will the we will get found out eventaully
What have you seen which makes you think we will be back in championship?

What have you seen which makes you think we will be back in championship?

Because we’re not improving our team if you stand still in the premier league you’ll get relegated

It's actually been stated in the local media that we've not been interested Eze so I'd be interested in how strong your concrete links are.
Watkins you've already said is overpriced, so you're left with Dennis, who again I've not seen anything from a credible source to suggest we're seriously in for him.

I'd also raise, based on last seasons stats and chances created why you believe Eze would have scored more than those we had given he scored 14 last year when McBurnie scored more for Swansea.

Back
Top Bottom