Pre-Season 17/18 Stocksbridge Park Steels v. Sheffield United - 08/07/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If what were allowed to happen? Let's assume a Premiership club comes in offering millions to us and wages to Brooks three times as much as our highest paid player...who's going to tell him he can't go?

I'm not sure that elite clubs get carried away on the basis of performances against non-league opposition in pre-season friendlies...

You would happily sell off most of our youngsters nevermind who comes in for them. You didn't want any of our youngsters getting a subsititute appearance last season even when we had clinched the title.

So I doubt you give a shit if we get a tenner or £100 million for the likes of Brooks. It just means one less youngster clogging up the bench.

Strange moment before the game yesterday.

Me & mate got there early and went straight to the bar for a pint then sat down in the main stand behind the away dugout, was about 1.40 when we got sat down. Stood on the pitch just chatting to each other were Sharp, Evans, Hanson and a few others. After we'd been sat down for a few minutes, Sharp turned round, looked straight at me and pointed at me then turned and tapped Evans on the arm, got his phone out of his pocket then took a step as though he was going to come over to me. He didn't but then for the next few minutes, he kept turning and looking at me, getting his phone out of his pocket and kept looking as though he was going to walk over to me.

I can only assume he thought I was someone else but it was just weird because he just looked really excited as soon as he saw me! It couldn't have been anyone else in the crowd either as at that point, there was no-one else sat around me

You would happily sell off most of our youngsters nevermind who comes in for them. You didn't want any of our youngsters getting a subsititute appearance last season even when we had clinched the title.

So I doubt you give a shit if we get a tenner or £100 million for the likes of Brooks. It just means one less youngster clogging up the bench.

You'll tell him, then? We have a volunteer...

I explained why the players who contributed last season, including Done (no favourite of mine, to say the least) should be favoured over the youngsters. Funnily enough, Tufty said the same thing shortly afterwards. He and I are almost always in agreement about football.

You'll tell him, then? We have a volunteer...

I explained why the players who contributed last season, including Done (no favourite of mine, to say the least) should be favoured over the youngsters. Funnily enough, Tufty said the same thing shortly afterwards. He and I are almost always in agreement about football.

Yet you didn't want to see them feature at all even when we had clinched the title.

Me & mate got there early and went straight to the bar for a pint then sat down in the main stand behind the away dugout, was about 1.40 when we got sat down. Stood on the pitch just chatting to each other were Sharp, Evans, Hanson and a few others. After we'd been sat down for a few minutes, Sharp turned round, looked straight at me and pointed at me then turned and tapped Evans on the arm, got his phone out of his pocket then took a step as though he was going to come over to me. He didn't but then for the next few minutes, he kept turning and looking at me, getting his phone out of his pocket and kept looking as though he was going to walk over to me.

I can only assume he thought I was someone else but it was just weird because he just looked really excited as soon as he saw me! It couldn't have been anyone else in the crowd either as at that point, there was no-one else sat around me

Capture.PNG

"Look at that ugly mug sat by himsen!" ;)

"Look Ched, Billy no mates, shall I take a picture?"

'kinell! Stearman's a big lad isn't he? Make Hanson look like a normally-proportioned human!

One or two doubting Thomas! (Forgive pun)
However, whilst he was a bit uncertain of his wing back role, I saw enough attacking thrusts from him to suggest he gives a dimension we lacked last season.
I reckon he'll be ok.

Back
Top Bottom