Stevens

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some of you may remember me slagging off Stevens last year and rightly so. Said he needed to grow some bollocks and take on a man and put a ball in the box. Must of been reading this forum since August cause he’s doing exactly that. Made up for him.
Yes mate a lot said the same. Credit to people who can have an opinion but offer an alternative view when a player improves or vice versa. Others just focus on spelling and grammar or being sarcastic, which will probably ruin your well said point.

Yes mate a lot said the same. Credit to people who can have an opinion but offer an alternative view when a player improves or vice versa. Others just focus on spelling and grammar or being sarcastic, which will probably ruin your well said point.

"Slagging off" = "Offering an alternative view?"

Some of you may remember me slagging off Stevens last year and rightly so. Said he needed to grow some bollocks and take on a man and put a ball in the box. Must of been reading this forum since August cause he’s doing exactly that. Made up for him.

To be fair he was doing well all last year he was the one the fans wanted to moan at. This year Leon has taken it off him.

Tbf spelling and grammar are quite important. It's how we communicate.

Playing well at the minute and the run and cross for the winner was excellent! Strong , decisive and most importantly looked up before delivering the cross !!
As ever UTB !!!
He had just seen Preston do it twice, probably thought I'll have a go at that :)

Stevens doesn’t have a trick to beat a man. Baldock and Freeman have that little more pace.

When we have a player like Norwood or Coutts, when switch the ball faster, given Enda more space and the opportunity to come onto the ball with a little bit of space. When we don’t, he’s more limited going forward.

For the record, I think he’s a very accomplished Championship player. Really good.

Tbf spelling and grammar are quite important. It's how we communicate.
They are quite important, for example if you’re sitting an English Language exam, working as a newspaper editor or writing a book about spelling and grammar. So you’re correct. In the context to which I was referring, as long as another reader can understand the text, then not that important.

He was excellent at times today. There was a lot of the usual tippy-tappy stuff but he actually took risks and thankfully it paid off. I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch, although Egan was MoM for me.

They are quite important, for example if you’re sitting an English Language exam, working as a newspaper editor or writing a book about spelling and grammar. So you’re correct. In the context to which I was referring, as long as another reader can understand the text, then not that important.

Although bad grammar & spelling do tend to make the writer look a bit thick, sloppy & lazy and so undermines whatever point they are trying to make, however valid it might be.

Although bad grammar & spelling do tend to make the writer look a bit thick, sloppy & lazy and so undermines whatever point they are trying to make, however valid it might be.
Your opinion of course, not mine. When reading this forum, I assess the validity of someone’s point based on their knowledge of, and passion for, Sheffield United. Whether or not they did well in English at school is irrelevant to me. So long as a person can communicate their opinion in some way, shape or form, then their opinion is as good as the next persons.

Should a person who is dyslexic not post on here? Should a person who had a poor education not have a right to participate in our conversations about the club we mutually love?

Regards

I don't think we should underestimate the part Marvin Johnson played in the third goal either. He made a fantastic run, pulling defenders out of position and played a great 1-2 with Stevens, who continued into the box and squared the ball superbly to McGoldrick. Great football :)

To be fair he was doing well all last year he was the one the fans wanted to moan at. This year Leon has taken it off him.
that or he’s got his shit together snd put the cigar away now that marv has arrived ;)

He started last season well too, then tailed off which was when a lot of the frustration with him began. I hope he can maintain this form this time around. Clearly a very good player and he now has Johnson breathing down his neck so that should spur him on.
Lafferty probably surplus to requirements now, which is a shame.

"Although bad grammar & spelling do tend to make the writer look a bit thick, sloppy & lazy"
Lazy indeed.

"[H]owever valid it might be."
*may be

For ’tis the sport to have the enginer
Hoist with his own petard

He was excellent for the majority of last season, but tired towards the end. He's doing nothing now that he wasn't doing then.

Playing well at the minute and the run and cross for the winner was excellent! Strong , decisive and most importantly looked up before delivering the cross !!
As ever UTB !!!
If only we could do this on a regular basis,rather than just crossing the ball aimlessly and hoping that there will be someone there to finish it off.

Back
Top Bottom