Stephen Bettis (CEO) on training ground development.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

nopigfansintown

Reaction score
Haven't seen this statement mentioned elsewhere. From yesterday's physical edition of the matchday programme p.p 10-11.

..."Elsewhere, the owner and board remain committed to uniting the club again with its assets, including the stadium and training facilities. As you will have seen from our statement during March, a decision over the purchase price will be decided by a Court of Arbitration, and we intend to keep you updated as and when the transfer is complete, This delay has not halted our plans to redevelop the training facility at Shirecliffe. We are constantly in dialogue with a number of parties regarding the future expansion and are very close to finalising and revealing, in detail, some of our plans"...

There's an online edition that can be read or downloaded for free here by the way, although it's not complete: https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2020/july/utb-lite/

Haven't seen this statement mentioned elsewhere. From yesterday's physical edition of the matchday programme p.p 10-11.

..."Elsewhere, the owner and board remain committed to uniting the club again with its assets, including the stadium and training facilities. As you will have seen from our statement during March, a decision over the purchase price will be decided by a Court of Arbitration, and we intend to keep you updated as and when the transfer is complete, This delay has not halted our plans to redevelop the training facility at Shirecliffe. We are constantly in dialogue with a number of parties regarding the future expansion and are very close to finalising and revealing, in detail, some of our plans"...

There's an online edition that can be read or downloaded for free here by the way, although it's not complete: https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2020/july/utb-lite/
Does this sort of imply, that the assets are ours as per the court order, but the price hasn't yet been set as arbitration hasn't happened yet?

Sheffield United Football Club Limited is very pleased to announce that with effect from 1st July 2020, it is the new owner of the Bramall Lane stadium, the Shirecliffe training facility, the hotel, the enterprise centre and the Crookes junior academy. The reunification of the properties back into the ownership of the Club is an important step in the long-term strategy announced by H.R.H. Prince Abdullah to reclaim ownership of key assets and to improve these assets.

Prince Abdullah observed: "When I assumed sole ownership of the Club nine months ago, I committed myself to preserving the Club's heritage, upgrading the Club's physical assets and improving the fan experience. The Covid-19 pandemic has certainly brought unexpected challenges but we remain dedicated to our original strategy and bringing the stadium and other properties under the ownership of the Club is an important step in executing on this strategy. We now look forward to capitalising on this important step as we establish the Blades in the Premier League. We'll have more good news soon."

Happened on July 1st: munksyb has quoted the official statement which is here https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2020/july/club-statement/

Seems like the plan is to keep the current set up and do it up to category 1 with a new set up for first team. Would mean we can get youngsters in from further away and keep more of own own.

Seems like the plan is to keep the current set up and do it up to category 1 with a new set up for first team. Would mean we can get youngsters in from further away and keep more of own own.

They've said that the plan is to tart Shirecliffe up and use it exclusively for the first team, and the new academy will be built for all non senior teams and the women I believe, and eventually when it's all up and running, the first team will also move there.

I can't remember where I heard or read that though unfortunately, but I'm sure it was from a legit source.

Unless the council have agreed to sell the surrounding brownfield/greenbelt fields, I don't think there's enough land to be compliant with category one requirements at the Shirecliffe site.

Please eventually build the NEW facility at Norton.

Get a massive "Sheffield United Training facility" sign fronting the ring road.

Great advertisement for us Blades continually passing it and a real piss take for our porcine friends as to our continued development :)

Youtube is a great media for looking at other football clubs facilities - take a look at the latest being built.

No wonder CW wants us to develop.

UTB

sorry NPFIT. Missed your post :(

That would surprise me short term as I think they're happy picking up those that fall out the Cat1 academies rather than having to develop them all the way through.
Medium/Long term sure it's something we should look at but Cat1 is a lot of expense and hassle for long term returns.
Upgrading Shirecliffe for the moment I 100% agree with.

Edit: Just seen your post above - please ignore me.

Arent we building a new facility on the old aerodrome land at gleadless/Norton?
no its a wish some blades have but that land is designated for housing, when the land was given by the governmnet it was stipulation that it would only be for housing thats why having a suprmarket/retail park ( which would have brought more money into the council by virtue of rates etc has never happened.

the land would heed to have land swap deal equal or bigger to comply currently shirecliffe would not meet tat demand if i was SUFC i would look to redevelop woodbourn rd an the surrounding land

..."Elsewhere, the owner and board remain committed to uniting the club again with its asset including the stadium and training facilities.

“This delay has not halted our plans to redevelop the training facility at Shirecliffe. We are constantly in dialogue with a number of parties regarding the future expansion and are very close to finalising and revealing, in detail, some of our plans"...

You could read that as redeveloping the training facilities and expanding the stadium. Strange to describe redevelopment of the training ground as an expansion that’s all..

That would surprise me short term as I think they're happy picking up those that fall out the Cat1 academies rather than having to develop them all the way through.
Medium/Long term sure it's something we should look at but Cat1 is a lot of expense and hassle for long term returns.
Upgrading Shirecliffe for the moment I 100% agree with.

Edit: Just seen your post above - please ignore me.

I believe the plan is the opposite of the one you quoted, they're going to bring the standards of Shirecliffe up a bit and use it for the first team and build a new academy elsewhere for everyone else, before transitioning the first team there too.

There's an Inside Shirecliffe video where Henderson points out to Berge where they're going to build a new building in the summer. Obviously that's on hold currently though.

no its a wish some blades have but that land is designated for housing, when the land was given by the governmnet it was stipulation that it would only be for housing thats why having a suprmarket/retail park ( which would have brought more money into the council by virtue of rates etc has never happened.

the land would heed to have land swap deal equal or bigger to comply currently shirecliffe would not meet tat demand if i was SUFC i would look to redevelop woodbourn rd an the surrounding land
Well not from what I've heard. Apparently plans have been submitted, not all can be built on as its green belt land. Not saying what ive heard is true but its from someone who owns a building company and are looking at getting the contract.

From what i gather there isn't going to be any increase in capacity in the short term although they plan to take the poles down on the kop.

This is exactly what we need! Investment in the training ground / academy. This is what can set us ahead of everyone in the area. We can pick the best youngsters around as we have better facilities etc.

If we can redevelop the ground like the YouTube video that I’ve seen on here that would put us in an unbelievable position for the pitch.

As long as CW can keep doing miracles and keeping us up he will leave behind a major legacy.

Bournmouth spend huge money on players and ignore the stadium etc it’s now coming back to haunt them. CW and the Prince and changing the clubs fortunes for generations.

Back
Top Bottom