Starting XI as it stands (ongoing thread)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Thought i'd start a thread as the squad has been bolstered again today with the signing of Robinson.

Curious to know how people think we'll line up with the squad as it is.. Ongoing thread so if Foxy or Linz want to pin it, feel free.

I make the first team current squad:

GK
Moore
Dewhurst
Hendo is nailed on so i'm including him in my team

DEF
Baldock
Stevens
JOC
Basham
Egan
Jagielka
Freeman
Stearman
Bryan

Mid
Fleck
Lundstram
Norwood
Duffy
Freeman
Ravel

Fwd
Clarke
Sharp
Goldy
Robinson

So with the current squad there, how would you line up?

I think as well as our 3-4-1-2 formation, we may see quite a lot of a 3-4-2-1.

Here's my take on a 3-4-2-1

Henderson
Basham - Egan - O'Connell
Baldock - Norwood - Fleck - Stevens
Freeman/Duffy - Robinson/Ravel
Sharp/McGoldrick​

Thought i'd start a thread as the squad has been bolstered again today with the signing of Robinson.

Curious to know how people think we'll line up with the squad as it is.. Ongoing thread so if Foxy or Linz want to pin it, feel free.

GK
Moore
Dewhurst

DEF
Baldock
Stevens
JOC
Basham
Egan
Jagielka
Freeman
Stearman
Bryan

Mid
Fleck
Lundstram
Norwood
Duffy
Freeman
Ravel

Fwd
Clarke
Sharp
Goldy
Robinson

Henderson
Sharp/McGoldrick​
I really hope we do not do what most clubs do when they’re promoted and that’s drop to one up front. Let’s try and get on the front foot, stay with the 2 and see what happens.

I really hope we do not do what most clubs do when they’re promoted and that’s drop to one up front. Let’s try and get on the front foot, stay with the 2 and see what happens.

It's almost inevitable that we will do so, particularly away to try and win the midfield.

Would think you might see Jags for Basham against the likes the top 6

Having been an absolutely stellar servant, my suspicion given our Confirmed signings is that Duffys days could be numbered.

UTB

What sort of player is Morrison?

My hope is he’s an option for the fleck role rather than Duffy. Give how key he is to everything we do.

Duffy 100% still has something to offer. To my mind freeman has to beat him out first and foremost.

Woodburn was very highly rated but didn’t get a sniff of replacing him, same with dowell. His age means he’s not gonna play every minute but I’m he’ll play next year no doubt.

My hope is he’s an option for the fleck role rather than Duffy. Give how key he is to everything we do.

Duffy 100% still has something to offer. To my mind freeman has to beat him out first and foremost.

Woodburn was very highly rated but didn’t get a sniff of replacing him, same with dowell. His age means he’s not gonna play every minute but I’m he’ll play next year no doubt.

I think Morrison is naturally more of #10 than a box-to-box midfielder like Fleck. Although with Duffy and now Freeman and Robinson who can play there, Wilder and Knill may indeed see Morrison playing deeper.

I agree with Duffy, he still has something to offer and deserves his chance in the PL. Freeman is surely now the first choice for that position though.

His name is Morrison, not Ravel.

FFS, it pisses me off when English players insist on being called by their first name on the teamsheet. Don't like your surname? Change it! You have the moneh to!

Moore
Duffy
Sharp-McGoldrick

Bench: Dewhurst - Jagielka - Lundstram - Freeman - Freeman - Morrison - Robinson

It's starting to look quite good.

GK
Moore
Dewhurst

DEF
Baldock
Stevens
JOC
Basham
Egan
Jagielka
Freeman
Stearman
Bryan

Mid
Fleck
Lundstram
Norwood
Duffy
Freeman
Ravel

Fwd
Clarke
Sharp
Goldy
Robinson

Henderson
Sharp/McGoldrick​

One up front?

Fuck right off, thats why Warnock took us down.

FFS, it pisses me off when English players insist on being called by their first name on the teamsheet. Don't like your surname? Change it! You have the moneh to!
Think it's a reflection of difficult formative years rather than an affectation.

GK
Moore
Dewhurst

DEF
Baldock
Stevens
JOC
Basham
Egan
Jagielka
Freeman
Stearman
Bryan

Mid
Fleck
Lundstram
Norwood
Duffy
Freeman
Ravel

Fwd
Clarke
Sharp
Goldy
Robinson

Henderson
Sharp/McGoldrick​

Will robinson be played as a striker or no10

We have loads of players who can play both think ravel/robinson/didzy can all play both.

Reckon we still need a proper out and out strike ie mcburnie or maupay

I agree, but that is what he wants on his shirt, so I'll respect that

GK
Moore
Dewhurst

DEF
Baldock
Stevens
JOC
Basham
Egan
Jagielka
Freeman
Stearman
Bryan

Mid
Fleck
Lundstram
Norwood
Duffy
Freeman
Ravel

Fwd
Clarke
Sharp
Goldy
Robinson

Henderson
Sharp/McGoldrick​

Ok'with thé two back lines and keeper..

Duffy Sharp'and McGoldrick.

See what happens

Moore
Duffy
Sharp-McGoldrick

Bench: Dewhurst - Jagielka - Lundstram - Freeman - Freeman - Morrison - Robinson

It's starting to look quite good.

Could go with that. Why change a winning formula ? Would prefer Hendo in goal

Having been an absolutely stellar servant, my suspicion given our Confirmed signings is that Duffys days could be numbered.

UTB

Or to put a different spin on the same set of circumstances, maybe now we've finally got depth for the Duffy role that we were so reliant on him for, before now. Competition for places? Long term successors?

Morrison hs played both a no10 and in front of the back 4 .

His issue hasn't been what he's capable of, it's whether he can focus long enough to do it consistently

Morrison hs played both a no10 and in front of the back 4 .

His issue hasn't been what he's capable of, it's whether he can focus long enough to do it consistently
100% this, he's got the ability to play wherever CW wants. Just needs to get his head right.

Based on tonight, last season and making couple of assumptions

Henderson
Jags - Egan - O'Connell
Duffy
Sharp-McGoldrick

Bench: Moore - Basham - Morrison - Robinson - L Freeman - K Freeman - Lumdstram

Squad players: Stearman, Bryan, Slater

I expect to see a lot of Lundstram probably in place of Fleck or Duffy roles, especially against higher rated teams and whenever we’re winning with half an hour to go!

AEB7F0B5-8260-4E5F-ADAD-4EF44D7F498E.gif

Last edited:
Based on tonight, last season and making couple of assumptions

Henderson
Jags - Egan - O'Connell
Duffy
Sharp-McGoldrick

Bench: Moore - Basham - Morrison - Robinson - L Freeman - K Freeman - Lumdstram

Squad players: Stearman, Bryan, Slater

Duffy no chance with Freeman & Robinson at the club.

Based on tonight I hope Jags is nowhere near the starting 11 looked off the pace under pressure had to take a yellow card when he fucked up. The sort of mistakes that kept him out of the Everton team on a regular basis (tin hat on)

Henderson
Basham Egan O'Connell
Baldock Norwood Fleck Stevens
Freeman Robinson
McGoldrick

With Robinson on the pitch as well as a CF it will never be a simple 'one up front'.

I think Luke Freeman will start. Not that I wouldn't have Duffy, but it's what I expect Wilder to do. I feel Robinson is a striker in our system, he is not an advanced playmaker like Duffy or Freeman. But I think, he will bed in and we would start with Sharp and McGoldrick or another new signing. Morrison in AMC or a forward from what I have seen, not strong enough for centre mid. But he has been away for a few years, his game, may have evolved.

Based on tonight I hope Jags is nowhere near the starting 11 looked off the pace under pressure had to take a yellow card when he fucked up. The sort of mistakes that kept him out of the Everton team on a regular basis (tin hat on)
Thought Jags was fine tonight

Back
Top Bottom