Stadium and facilities redevelopment post KMC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kev Gee

Reaction score
If 'Ar Kev' walks off into the sunset with a nice payout, but things are sour with HRH. What would you think may happen with any stadium or facilities redevelopments?
I remember CW saying we needed to upgrade Shirecliffe. Infact I remember Abdullah during the trial mentioning possibly even selling Shirecliffe and building a new training ground elsewhere. What about the current stadium plans. Will they be shelved and something 'grander' out into place? And would Scarborough be booted off any redevelopment plans and someone else designing and building the new bits if things turn badly for KMC/HRH?

If/ when the ground gets developed, I wouldn't be surprised if Kev has it written in to a contract when he leaves, that Scarborough are the company to do the building work, just to squeeze a little more money out of the club.

Similar thoughts came into my head the other day in particular the SS / kop corner. Wasn’t this quite far down the line

If 'Ar Kev' walks off into the sunset with a nice payout, but things are sour with HRH. What would you think may happen with any stadium or facilities redevelopments?
I remember CW saying we needed to upgrade Shirecliffe. Infact I remember Abdullah during the trial mentioning possibly even selling Shirecliffe and building a new training ground elsewhere. What about the current stadium plans. Will they be shelved and something 'grander' out into place? And would Scarborough be booted off any redevelopment plans and someone else designing and building the new bits if things turn badly for KMC/HRH?

If McCabe does appeal the judgement and drag the dispute on for another two years, does that mean the training ground improvements are put on hold?

Wilder refers to it frequently and yet no work appears to have been carried out as far as I’m aware.

Is that because there is no money in the budget for the training ground improvements? Or because the ownership is still being disputed?

It worries me a bit how Wilder will react if the upgrades he’s asked for don’t seem to be forthcoming at some point

I'd propose that we have a few years practice at trying to sell out a match and then we look at expanding the stadium afterwards.

The main reason we haven’t sold out matches like arsenal and Liverpool is because there’s 3 big poles and in the pukka pie about 300 seats are covered by a brick wall

If/ when the ground gets developed, I wouldn't be surprised if Kev has it written in to a contract when he leaves, that Scarborough are the company to do the building work, just to squeeze a little more money out of the club.
Scarborough are builders now? When did they start doing that? I thought they were property developers.

This is true. Judge Fancourt discussed it at length........

BB, I was just assuming Scarborough are builders, if they are property developers, would they just get contractors in to do the building work.
Yes. They just deal with the paperwork, basically; find the site, get funding, get planning consent, working drawings, tenders, marketing etc and get a contractor to build it.

The main reason we haven’t sold out matches like arsenal and Liverpool is because there’s 3 big poles and in the pukka pie about 300 seats are covered by a brick wall

The main reason we haven't sold out matches like Arsenal and Liverpool is because we barely have 30,000 fans who are prepared to pay £40 for a ticket and make the effort to go to a match.

What about the seats at the other end of the ground in the BLUT?

I know a few couldn’t buy tickets as they needed points, one for the Southampton game and a few for the Liverpool match.
They weren’t that bothered about missing out because they don’t support us but just fancied watching a PL match.

In answer to the question....there’s a recent interview with the Prince on YouTube.
They ask him about updating the ground and his answers were slightly dissapointing.
He just said he acknowledges that facilities need to improve at the ground and training facilities.
Mentioned there can be lots of little improvements everywhere and they will also consider more major improvements.

He didn’t sound that ambitious.
Got the impression that small improvements will be made initially
Then if we stay 2 or 3 years in the top flight they‘ll look at more significant improvements.
He was fairly non committal just accepting ALL improvements will be considered,

Last edited:
The main reason we haven't sold out matches like Arsenal and Liverpool is because we barely have 30,000 fans who are prepared to pay £40 for a ticket and make the effort to go to a match.

There was plenty refused tickets for the Liverpool match. I saw it with my own eyes because I went down to the ticket office to buy a Sunderland cup ticket.
I reckon we could have sold another 5 to 10,000 if tickets went on general sale with no conditions.

There was plenty refused tickets for the Liverpool match. I saw it with my own eyes because I went down to the ticket office to buy a Sunderland cup ticket.
I reckon we could have sold another 5 to 10,000 if tickets went on general sale with no conditions.

You saw 5,000+ people being refused Liverpool tickets at the ticket office?

Ha ha good one.

Ha ha good one.

Wasn‘t paying much attention, but the 2 guys immediately before me in the queue were refused tickets.
They even offered to pay for membership but were told that they still wouldn’t have enough points.
When I bought my Sunderland ticket the young lad behind the desk said he’d refused loads wanting to buy tickets but weren’t on our database.

In the past we’ve had 1000’s of neutrals, fans based in Sheffield who support the away team and even fans of local clubs attending our matches.
This is the first season Bramall Lane is almost 100% true Blades with casuals, students and neutrals/ floaters now have to jump through loads of hoops.
Other clubs don‘t make it so difficult to buy tickets, at other clubs, tickets go on sale many weeks earlier with “general sale” meaning general sale.

Wilder said in an interview there won’t be any stadium upgrades until we are an established premiership clubs and that the training ground will be the first to be upgraded as the standard of that is lower championship.

Wilder said in an interview there won’t be any stadium upgrades until we are an established premiership clubs and that the training ground will be the first to be upgraded as the standard of that is lower championship.

Makes sense...at PL level our training facilities are poor and are probably the biggest priority.
In the interview the Prince said he’d do what’s needed
but he gave the impression it would be a slow evolution of gradual changes not major revolutionary ambitious changes.

We don’t need a grandiose scheme of ground expansion. We should just need to make the stadium better. New roof without posts, get rid and replace RV seats, enclose welfare facilities on the Kop. The Kop is merely a spoil heap covered with concrete, so It wouldn’t be beyond the wit of man to reshape the Kop to facilitate proper unrestricted corner stand between the South Stand and Also replace the abomination that was the Pukka pies stand.
Better ground now. Bigger ground when we need it.

Makes sense...at PL level our training facilities are poor and are probably the biggest priority.
In the interview the Prince said he’d do what’s needed
but he gave the impression it would be a slow evolution of gradual changes not major revolutionary ambitious changes.
Can someone explain what is poor about our training facilities & what the upgrades would be. Thanks.

The question has always been “where’s the money coming from”.

We still don’t even know if there is this kind of money and won’t have any idea until the assets are purchased from McCabe.

Where does we want it all and we want it now fit in with a post like that ?

Think Champions League, think 60,000 supporters now KMC is no longer holding us back.

Why don't you lot fuck off to S6 and talk up their gigantic support. Usually check seats available before games and the only available ones are in restricted View areas. Average about 400/450 unused seats. There are restrictions depending on away support as to how many we can sell. That's why we need a 40/45000 stadium to stop all the messing about and sell as many season tickets as we can with no cut off and no fucking about with points.
Wasn‘t paying much attention, but the 2 guys immediately before me in the queue were refused tickets.
They even offered to pay for membership but were told that they still wouldn’t have enough points.
When I bought my Sunderland ticket the young lad behind the desk said he’d refused loads wanting to buy tickets but weren’t on our database.

In the past we’ve had 1000’s of neutrals, fans based in Sheffield who support the away team and even fans of local clubs attending our matches.
This is the first season Bramall Lane is almost 100% true Blades with casuals, students and neutrals/ floaters now have to jump through loads of hoops.
Other clubs don‘t make it so difficult to buy tickets, at other clubs, tickets go on sale many weeks earlier with “general sale” meaning general sale.
Big problem is that the behind the scenes administration wasn't set up for the Prem. Needs a good season and to learn by mistakes.

With us hosting the women's euros and men's rugby league world cup games in 2021 i don't expect anything major until after they are done anyway.

Back
Top Bottom