Squad rundown - what do we need?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can we get Deulofeu from Watford...Mobile,goes past people,creates and scores goals..not sure if he's in our price bracket.

Emmanuel Dennis should be at the top of our shopping list, unfortunately i doubt he’d settle for non european footie now

Emmanuel Dennis should be at the top of our shopping list, unfortunately i doubt he’d settle for non european footie now

I'll be honest. I can't find sh*t on this boy. Apart from a mediocre return in a mediocre league and some clips on Twitter and YouTube, lasting about 30 secs. Where have you guys watched him play?

He's fast, for sure, but not sure he possesses a great deal else.

I'll be honest. I can't find sh*t on this boy. Apart from a mediocre return in a mediocre league and some clips on Twitter and YouTube, lasting about 30 secs. Where have you guys watched him play?

He's fast, for sure, but not sure he possesses a great deal else.
Search for the game against real madrid mate.

Pace and athleticism. We need pace and athleticism throughout the team.

I took note of Wilder's post match interview, when he spoke of recruitment for next season he mentioned needing to be better "up top" and the need to bring in "more mobile players."

I've watched too many teams play with a fluidity that we just don't possess. We need players that are able to carry the ball into dangerous areas, play a pass and then follow onto it.

View attachment 86651

Involvement is measured by their average percentile rank of passes, successful defensive actions, crosses and xA (expected assists) p90 among Championship strikers with 800+ minutes

I watch a fair bit of Championship football & I can't say I've ever been massively impressed by Ollie Watkins, maybe I've just watched him in bad games but he doesn't strike me as someone to give PL defenders too many problems.
Karlan Grant looked to have a bit more about him physically and athletically and a bit more of nuisance factor.

I'd love something to click in Lys Mousset's head because he's better than any Championship striker on his day.

Not sure what the fuss is with him, and the analytics guys seem to agree.
What is it you like about him?

Thoughts on Miranchuk? He has high value, and would be a sizeable investment, but I can't see any top clubs taking the gamble. He is valued at 14 million, and could be a more mobile forward option.

Apart from the numbers I can't see anything that makes me think Toney or even Watkins would be any good in the Prem. Now have a look at Benrahma and the difference is obvious, no wonder bigger clubs are looking...

Search for the game against real madrid mate.
2 of the flukiest goals you’ll ever see! Blistering pace, and he’ll be able to live on it the rest of his life, but can he do over here? Have a better idea soon, as they start first week in August.

We obviously need two strikers, I think that's clear to everyone. Just as important though is someone to unlock a defence, because we really did struggle to create with that flat midfield three, especially after the restart.

That player could come in the form of an attacking midfielder (we did have that man in Duffy before the season started) or a creative striker (think McGoldrick), but that depends on the formation that Wilder intends to play. The perfect answer is a player who could play both those roles.

They should be the priorities (unless the goalkeeper situation changes), but any strengthening in the other areas would be welcome as a bonus, as there isn't much depth.

GK: Hendo? Wes
RWB: Baldock
LWB: Enda, Osborn, Robinson
RCB: Bash, Jags
LCB: O’Connell, Robinson
CB: Egan, Jags
RCM: Lunny, Berge, Swift?
LCM: Fleck, Osborn, Freeman
DCM: Berge, Norwood
Striker: McBurnie, McGoldrick, Mousset, Sharp, Robinson, Zivkovic? Brewster?
ACM: Freeman, McGoldrick, Swift?
Winger: Robinson, Zivkovic?

The editions of Swift and Brewster (if we get them) improve the starting XI so would be a great start.
If Hendo comes back then great. Otherwise we need a keeper (I know everyone is aware of this)
A key area is certainly going to be RWB and RCB.
Will be interesting to see if anyone leaves. Robinson, Freeman, Lunny

Back
Top Bottom