Squad rundown - what do we need?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wouldn't swap our defence for the defence that won them the title, that's for sure.
However, we don't have anyone of the quality of Kante, Mahrez and Vardy and they were key to Leicester winning the Prem.

Speaking of Leicester, what about testing their resolve for Demarai Gray - pace to burn, always looked a handful and seems to be more of a squad player under Brendan Rogers. Maybe we could transform him from winger to striker? Only worry would be similar to the situation with Callum Robinson.
Bump...knew that Gray was a baller

Enda is concerning me, LWB

Bash is great, but needs replacing next season

Creative midfielder on an attacking front

Striker

2 new keepers if Hendo is not coming back.

Competition for each Wingback

Competition for Egan and Basham (this could be done through signing a player versatile enough to play both positions same goes for potential wingback signings)

2 right sided CMs/CAMs especially if Lundstram is flogged.

2/3 forwards.

Its alot but with the amount possibly moving on its going to be needed.

Said it earlier and I’ll say it again. Whoever we buy, needs to be better than what we already have, if we want to make the next step. The one big fault is a severe lack of pace all over the pitch, as proven by Leicester every time they broke. They played us like a fiddle tonight.

Enda is concerning me, LWB

Bash is great, but needs replacing next season

Creative midfielder on an attacking front

Striker

So Bash is not so great then? Otherwise he wouldn’t need replacing. He’s contributed to one of the meanest defences in the league, our issues are at the other end.

So Bash is not so great then? Otherwise he wouldn’t need replacing. He’s contributed to one of the meanest defences in the league, our issues are at the other end.

If you don't get my point then you don't get it. Plenty will.

Ivan Toney - 9 million
Eze - 14 million (with addons)
Cam Brannigan -2.5 million
Wolfenden - 1 million
Henderson - 2.5 million loan fee

IF there’s money lying around
Bogle - 5 million
Anthonee Robinson - 6 million (with addons)

If needs be to fund these moves:

Luke Freeman - 7.5 million
Robinson - 8.5 million
Mousset? - 8 million

It’s not far off break even and we would improve the squad no end with that.

I know Berge was brought in to play a more holding CDM role but if he’s flourishing in this box to box/almost wide right role then I’d leave him there and let Brannigan be Norwood’s understudy.

FWIW i’d like Freeman to stay as I think he’s been criminally underused this season. Ive thought he’s offered something in every cameo or start and is unlucky to not have more minutes this year.

Team 1:

Hendo
Baldock - Basham - Egan - JOC - Stevens
Berge - Norwood - Fleck
Eze
Toney

Team 2:

Wes
Bogle - wolfenden - ? - Robinson - osborn
Lundstram - Brannigan - Freeman
Didsy
Mcburnie

Obviously need an Egan understudy too, would probably go with either an old experienced head on a free like Jags on a one year deal or go back in for Lenihan who wilder is obviously very keen on.

Ivan Toney - 9 million
Wolfenden - 1 million

Bogle - 5 million

Robinson - 8.5 million
Mousset? - 8 million

I know Berge was brought in to play a more holding CDM role but if he’s flourishing in this box to box/almost wide right role then I’d leave him there and let Brannigan be Norwood’s understudy.

FWIW i’d like Freeman to stay as I think he’s been criminally underused this season. Ive thought he’s offered something in every cameo or start and is unlucky to not have more minutes this year.

Team 1:

Hendo
Berge - Norwood - Fleck
Eze
Toney

Team 2:

Wes
Didsy
Mcburnie

Obviously need an Egan understudy too, would probably go with either an old experienced head on a free like Jags on a one year deal or go back in for Lenihan who wilder is obviously very keen on.
If Jagielka goes, I wouldn’t be averse to us signing James Chester to be Egan’s stand in. With regards Toney, CWAK had him at Northampton and not once have I ever seen him linked with us, so don’t see that one happening. We have Robinson cover for JoC/Enda. Rodwell for Bash, providing he’s kept on. Basham regularly covered for Baldock in the championship. We‘re well covered all across midfield. Our major problems for address are up front and keeper? We paid £55,000 a week for Henderson this season, providing he doesn’t sign a new deal, we should be able to cover it again next season, as there’s no way Man Utd sell him to Chelsea/Spurs?

Ivan Toney - 9 million
Wolfenden - 1 million

Bogle - 5 million

Robinson - 8.5 million
Mousset? - 8 million

Team 1:

Hendo
Berge - Norwood - Fleck
Eze
Toney

Team 2:

Wes
Didsy
Mcburnie

I'd be shocked if we could command anything like those fees for Freeman or Robinson. Lot less money around and they'd be dropping down a division on big wages.

I've posted this in this thread but thought I'd copy for reference...

For the GK position I recommend Predrag Rajković. No idea on cost although Transfer Market suggests 4.95m. My word though, his stats are impressive:
  • Number one goalkeeper for clean sheets in Ligue 1
  • Save percentage of 79.8% which is number one in Ligue 1 and 2nd out of the Top 5 Leagues (Henderson is 12th) - Source
  • When PSxG* (Post-shot expected goals) is taken into account, he's 5th in the Top 5 Leagues and Henderson is 8th - Source
*PSxG - "A calculation taken after a shot towards goal has been found to have hit the target, while taking into account the quality of the shot, and more useful in assessment of goalkeepers than merely saves made"

Reckon this guy would be a marvelous signing and pretty confident we'd turn a profit on him if we came to sell him later on.

I've posted this in this thread but thought I'd copy for reference...

For the GK position I recommend Predrag Rajković. No idea on cost although Transfer Market suggests 4.95m. My word though, his stats are impressive:
  • Number one goalkeeper for clean sheets in Ligue 1
  • Save percentage of 79.8% which is number one in Ligue 1 and 2nd out of the Top 5 Leagues (Henderson is 12th) - Source
  • When PSxG* (Post-shot expected goals) is taken into account, he's 5th in the Top 5 Leagues and Henderson is 8th - Source
*PSxG - "A calculation taken after a shot towards goal has been found to have hit the target, while taking into account the quality of the shot, and more useful in assessment of goalkeepers than merely saves made"

Reckon this guy would be a marvelous signing and pretty confident we'd turn a profit on him if we came to sell him later on.

Really impressive stats there to be fair.

Not seen him play but my worry is we’ve seen hendo come in and do it and essentially be an exceptional PL keeper. He’s bounced back from mistakes and his only real weakness I can see stopping him playing for a top top side is his ability on the ball (which is somehow seen as more important than actually keeping the ball out of the net.)

whoever comes in to replace him there’s the unknown factor of if he’ll fit in as well and they are big boots to fill.

My 25 :
Hendo (or equivalent)
Foderingham
Eastwood
Baldock
RWB cover
Stevens
LWB cover
Bash
Egan
JoC
J Robinson
RCB cover
CCB cover
Norwood
Berge
Swift
Fleck
Osborn
Lunny replacement
Freeman rplcmnt
Didsy
Sharp
McB
Moose (or equivalent)
C Robinson rplcmnt

Obviously we need a GK if Hendo goes.

I think Verrips , Lunny , Freeman & C Robinson will go.

We need to get Swift in or his equivalent.

The other priority positions for high quality are CCB cover & C Robinson rplcmnt striker.

I don't think we can pay big £ for more than 3 players - GK , CCB & striker.

The wingbacks cover can be young understudies coz Bash & Osborn can deputize.

The RCB cover can be a young understudy coz Berge can deputize.

Hopefully Lunny will be replaced by Swift + Freeman's replacement is not as crucial now we have Fleck/Osborn.

In no way can Berge 'deputise' at RCB. He's a DMC who has struggled to adapt at times to RCM.

He also not overly mobile and shite in the air!

It'd be great if our tallest players didn't keep losing their men at set pieces, but they do. Hopefully it can be trained into them.

In no way can Berge 'deputise' at RCB. He's a DMC who has struggled to adapt at times to RCM.

He also not overly mobile and shite in the air!
Not overtly mobile?

Poor in the air I’ll give you, but he is not immobile at all. He’s quick, especially when he gets going

Not overtly mobile?

Poor in the air I’ll give you, but he is not immobile at all. He’s quick, especially when he gets going

Didn't say he's immobile, just not overly mobile. By this I mean he's not quick off the mark, he's not agile. It's not a criticism, just not his game.

No ones doubting he covers ground once he gets going. But when a pacey forward is running at you and turns you, they'd leave Berge for dead before he gets going. Hence why I don't think he could play RCB in anyway shape or form.

If he has regained his fitness, timothy fosu mensah from man Utd would be a great signing, Rcb, rwb and cdm cover in 1 player. 22, man Utd have triggered the 1 year option in his contract, similar to lunny here. He wouldn't cost too much.
He does look like exactly what we need

I wouldn't swap our defence for the defence that won them the title, that's for sure.
However, we don't have anyone of the quality of Kante, Mahrez and Vardy and they were key to Leicester winning the Prem.

Speaking of Leicester, what about testing their resolve for Demarai Gray - pace to burn, always looked a handful and seems to be more of a squad player under Brendan Rogers. Maybe we could transform him from winger to striker? Only worry would be similar to the situation with Callum Robinson.
a pacy striker who can add to the goal tally is essential, Gray is not a bad shout.

if CWAK can find the next kante or mahrez that would be nice

Surely back up for Baldock is a priority?

lucky he’s played every game, and it was lucky, he could have been sent off a few times.

Whilst we need back-up in a number of positions (RWB clearly one, CB another) and this shouldn't be ignored I don't think backup should be the main priority.

Priority should be player which are going to come in and improve the eleven. For me GK, RCM and Striker are clear areas where we could recruit a starter.

Whilst we need back-up in a number of positions (RWB clearly one, CB another) and this shouldn't be ignored I don't think backup should be the main priority.

Priority should be player which are going to come in and improve the eleven. For me GK, RCM and Striker are clear areas where we could recruit a starter.
Improving the 11 is great, while we have that 11 available. RWB is the only position we don’t have proper back up for.

also, having competition for places can improve the first 11

Back
Top Bottom