Spot on Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

2nd half, they looked more likely to win, we seemed to be stuck in giving it norwood and him pinging it 60 yards onto Janssons head
mode

The only trouble is that for all our pretty football we once again have fuck all to show for it due partly to missing our chances but mainly due to more stupid mistakes at the back gifting goals to the opposition. We must have thron at least 12 pts away this season. Mid able medicity it is then for us.

Well pass me the white cane and guide dog. For a team seemingly looking to consolidate a position in the top six, we were crap. How many shots did their goalie have to save? And Leeds are not a good side.

Top of the league (at the final whistle) and they’re not a good side? Come off it.

We played well in patches but so did they, thought we actually defended way better today than we have in a long time, which is ironic considering the goal they scored. We take our chances and it’s at least a draw maybe even a 2-1 win.

This forum is like bi-polars anonymous, we win we are the best side in the country and all should fear us, we lose and Norwood suddenly turn into Nick Montgomery’s three legged dog and we are beyond shit in a false position.

The only trouble is that for all our pretty football we once again have fuck all to show for it due partly to missing our chances but mainly due to more stupid mistakes at the back gifting goals to the opposition. We must have thron at least 12 pts away this season. Mid able medicity it is then for us.

Mate you’ve thrown in the towel so many times already this season it must be attached to wrist with an elastic cord.

Top of the league (at the final whistle) and they’re not a good side? Come off it.

We played well in patches but so did they, thought we actually defended way better today than we have in a long time, which is ironic considering the goal they scored. We take our chances and it’s at least a draw maybe even a 2-1 win.

This forum is like bi-polars anonymous, we win we are the best side in the country and all should fear us, we lose and Norwood suddenly turn into Nick Montgomery’s three legged dog and we are beyond shit in a false position.

FFS - THIS IS OUR BEST EVER CHANCE FOR PROMOTION. NEXT YEAR WILL BE THE TOUGHEST CHAMPIONSHIP EVER.

We were top of the league once, this season & last, doesn't mean we are a good side

We were infuriating, 7/10 for the first 30 and somewhere around 5/10 for the 50 of the next 60 with brief moments where we could have scored in the second half.

It was a 1 point performance. We were unfortunate to get 0 but didn't deserve 3.

"We pushed a really powerful football club back...." - Pack it in Chris, FFS.

We didn't play badly, but we didn't deserve to win. A draw was the right result but if anything else, probably a Leeds win. Fine margins but as the home side, we didn't do enough.

Leeds weren't outstanding but they were increasingly impressive as the game went on. They pressed better and stopped us playing. I do quite like their team - and the manager.

Taking off that joke Allioski did them a lot of favours. How he keeps getting picked mystifies me.

We were top of the league once, this season & last, doesn't mean we are a good side

Exactly. Even though we're almost halfway through the season, the table is still taking shape (and we haven't played West Brom yet). Teams like Norwich, Derby and Middlebrough are putting runs together that justify their position. Teams like Stoke and Birmingham will be jostling for position. Leeds have just had three games against poor opposition (Bristol City, Reading and us) where they've scraped lucky wins but you can't rely on luck all the time. Our current trend is depressingly similar to last season, but what did we expect? Chris has wrung the last drop out of these players but I'm afraid the well is running dry.

It’s not the first game though is it or even the first ten games. To be top of the league after 20 games suggests to me they’re a decent side whether we like to admit it or not.

Leeds really are nothing special, frustrating result today. They aren't good enough to go up automatic.

Agree they aren’t anything special but they are without doubt a good team.

There are no special teams this season, just plenty of good teams near the top and we’re one of the “good teams”.

Leeds really are nothing special, frustrating result today. They aren't good enough to go up automatic.
I disagree. If we are within a couple of places of them at the EOS, then we will be in the play-offs. I think they're the best team in the league with a really good manager.

I dont like to be proven right but this team is going nowhere wether you like it or not.

But win 2 matches and then you’ll be wrong, then lose the next 2 and you’re right. Then we win 4 on the spin and you’re wrong again.

Can you see the pattern? It’s a long season, plenty of time yet.
Suppose the main factor is what we do with the big budget in the January transfer window.
Suspect the best we can hope for is a big/ ambitious loan signing.

“Outstanding for the majority of the game” that simply isn’t true.

A draw would have probably been fair, we didn’t create anywhere near good enough chances to win, Leeds created a couple and stole the win.

Disappointing to lose in that way, and I understand why he’s backing his players as they can feel a little unlucky, but I wouldn’t say we were outstanding for the majority of the game.

I thought we were incredibly sloppy today. Struggled to keep possession effectively with some really poor balls at times.

I think part of the issue today was Duffy not being at it, but we really did struggle with the basics at times.

A draw would have been a fair result, however. Leeds weren’t anything special either.

To be fair to Wilder, I don't think this is a misreading of the game, but an occasion where we need a bit of protection from the manager in front of the media so our heads don't drop.

Deano dropped a bollock, McG can't put the ball in an open net, Billy missed a sitter by his standards and we were generally off the pace and half a yard slower than Leeds hence the fouls, which isn't us usually.

The last thing the players need is the manager sticking the boot in, because they did try, they just weren't clicking at all.

It’s a spot on interview from Chris but it’s infuriating to think that this could be our best chance of getting promotion?.
Our co owners are currently squabbling in the courts. There’s fuck all in money as we all know. Chris is expected to produce magic from little or nothing every time. How much longer can he be expected to do this?. He’s worked miracles so far and I’m loving every moment but I fear that we’re heading to the point of Chris saying back me or I’m off?.
Who could blame him?. UTB

I think we missed Freeman today, that right wing is lacking when he's not there and it takes a lot out of Duffy's game as well..

I haven't heard Wilder yet , but I think we were pretty good today overall, against one of the strongest teams in the league.

They have a good manager who had done his homework and they did a good job of starving our midfield of the ball, meaning O'Connell and especially Egan had lots of opportunities to show us why they are centre backs and not centre midfielders.

A draw would have been a fair result, but the goal did come from one of our centre backs being forced yet again to go backwards. Bielsa will be patting himself on the back tonight, and rightly so.

We are a decent side though. But we have to accept that sometimes the opposition play really well too.

Back
Top Bottom