Spot on Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think you may be underestimating the value of the type of forward we need Darth. Unless Wilder manages to take a risk and look in Division 1, where a potential Callum Wilson lay in wait. A decent predatory forward will cost upwards of £8-10mil, quite possibly upwards of £12mil. If our owners are incapable of supporting our manager then, as has been suggested elsewhere, we'll probably have to accept a place amongst this division's top 10 clubs.

I know what you mean ……. but maybe we need to be shopping in the £5/6m range before we take big steps like you indicate ……. o_O This sort of player would be a significant upgrade on what we currently have and hopefully push us to the next level ( ie being consistent)

Its only MASSIVE Clubs who can buy £10m strikers for their European ambitions :D:D:D:D:D

UTB & FTP

I know what you mean ……. but maybe we need to be shopping in the £5/6m range before we take big steps like you indicate ……. o_O This sort of player would be a significant upgrade on what we currently have and hopefully push us to the next level ( ie being consistent)

Its only MASSIVE Clubs who can buy £10m strikers for their European ambitions :D:D:D:D:D

UTB & FTP

I have no objections to paying whatever will push us over the promotion line, so if a lower league player exists who can deliver, get that chequebook out!

For once I think Wilder is wrong in his assessment. We worked hard and tried hard today but were massively lacking in any kind of end result or quality. Their keeper was dodgy and yet wasn't tested, their defence would have struggled if we'd have got the ball down and played around them (apart from Philips who was excellent) but we contented ourselves with backwards and sideways passing and the occasional lump forward that invariable found a CB's forehead.

I honestly can see no further than a mid-table slog for the rest of the season if our form continues to be so hit and miss. I fully understand the reasons why we're not top of the league and playing consistently well, I also don't expect much to be done about it anytime soon so this is how it will continue.

If it does carry on as it is I think we have a maximum of 1 more full season after this one with Wilder in charge as he'll not be spun a yarn about "jam tomorrow" forever, hopefully he believes it at the end of this season though and sticks with us for another tilt next year. The other option is to gamble and actually give the bloke some cash to play with. If we don't replace 3 strikers this season we're in the shit next and that will cost us £15m so it's not going to happen.

Why so much negativty this is the utdi have seen for many a year

I have no objections to paying whatever will push us over the promotion line, so if a lower league player exists who can deliver, get that chequebook out!

There are many players who have and will in the future be playing in League One, that could do a good job for a Championship club.
We've got to find them, and buy them if we are interested without fucking about for 8 months like we did with Leonard.

Why so much negativty this is the utdi have seen for many a year

It might be the best united side but it's drifting towards mid-table based on current form. We need a spike in form for the next few games to get us back on track. Since we went top and declared ourselves world-beaters we haven't done much.

Well I've read the thread so far and seen a lot of comments about Chris needing the board backing him.

I think we all realise this won't happen, not with either current owner. I hope Wilder knows this too. Think most of us can agree we are a 6th to 10th championship team that is over achieving at the moment.

I'd like to see Wilder start to build a team for the future, blooding young players, finding gems from other leagues and forget about boardroom issues or financial issues and start the long slow build that may take X amounts of years to come to anything resembling a promtion side. Build like Warnock did only with a hell of a lot better football. Find the next Jags, Tonge, Monty and Michel Brown's.

If another club comes along for Wilder promising the world then I'll say thank you and all the best. But if he leaves because he isn't getting backed by the board that we all know are never going to cough up the cash then I'll be very disappointed.

Fans will have to suck it up and get used to being like we are now and just enjoy the football, but i see this as the best and most realistic way for us to progress.

Arrange the teams in this division from 1 to 24 based on squad strength.

Now look at the league table.

Are United above par? I'd say so.

And so are Leeds, who on paper are no better than when Evo was in charge.

Well I've read the thread so far and seen a lot of comments about Chris needing the board backing him.

I think we all realise this won't happen, not with either current owner. I hope Wilder knows this too. Think most of us can agree we are a 6th to 10th championship team that is over achieving at the moment.

I'd like to see Wilder start to build a team for the future, blooding young players, finding gems from other leagues and forget about boardroom issues or financial issues and start the long slow build that may take X amounts of years to come to anything resembling a promtion side. Build like Warnock did only with a hell of a lot better football. Find the next Jags, Tonge, Monty and Michel Brown's.

If another club comes along for Wilder promising the world then I'll say thank you and all the best. But if he leaves because he isn't getting backed by the board that we all know are never going to cough up the cash then I'll be very disappointed.

Fans will have to suck it up and get used to being like we are now and just enjoy the football, but i see this as the best and most realistic way for us to progress.

Back
Top Bottom