Somebody mentioned a "Guevara" Wilder...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Few alternatives

sqkTiE1.png

Is that in case we forget his name? :)

The name is because I was going to do one for the players, with their number in the red bit and name underneath. I just left it on some of the Wilder ones.

I like it better with “This City” is Ours rather than “The City”. It’s a bit like the This is Anfield sign. Combined with Tufty’s strong look it says to all opposing fans and players This is our house - nobody wins in our house.

The City is Ours just seems like a message to the Pigs!

Is there a reason that one doesn’t have the white rose by the way?

They’re all magic though.

I like it better with “This City” is Ours rather than “The City”. It’s a bit like the This is Anfield sign. Combined with Tufty’s strong look it says to all opposing fans and players This is our house - nobody wins in our house.

Just trying stuff out, and I thought it looked a bit cleaner when the text is quite large.

United also occasionally use just the blades on things that aren't kits and training tops, so I was cribbing from them a bit.

I'll do This City later when I get back home.

Glad you like.

Just trying stuff out, and I thought it looked a bit cleaner when the text is quite large.

United also occasionally use just the blades on things that aren't kits and training tops, so I was cribbing from them a bit.

I'll do This City later when I get back home.

Glad you like.

Actually, I like the idea of that up in the tunnel with This City is Ours and Wilder’s face looking straight at the players as they walk out. They could even put it in the away dressing room!

Seems to me that the image of Wilder could be more centrally positioned between the two bits of text? (So shunted to the left a bit.)

Looks great though, felt we could do with more flags for a while.

I was just thinking, we’ve come from Guevara to Godfather. Maybe it was only a short journey! Imagine that posted all over town one night - might even start a revolution! He’d probably make a fucking good job of leading The People’s Republic of South Yorkshire as well!

When can I buy the T-Shirt?

Let's not go down this childish route ((the city is ours ) the city is the citizens of Sheffield it's the kind of phrase immature adolescent s use.
We have it all going for us at present let's keep it that way and enjoy the moment.
Like any blade I enjoy we'd being on there arse great time to be a blade enjoy the ride it's only just started.

Keep it simple. Like mine :p

No words needed as every Blade know what it means and stands for.

I was just thinking, we’ve come from Guevara to Godfather. Maybe it was only a short journey! Imagine that posted all over town one night - might even start a revolution! He’d probably make a fucking good job of leading The People’s Republic of South Yorkshire as well!

When can I buy the T-Shirt?

If we don't want it on a flag I'm sure I could make it a t-shirt.

I think we should do some kind of voting thing for people that are interested, maybe on the S24SU twitter, or a strawpoll, gather all the posts people have submitted and have a world cup of flag designs, and see which people want to run with (that's if we're allowed to do it for health and safety reasons).

Let's not go down this childish route ((the city is ours ) the city is the citizens of Sheffield it's the kind of phrase immature adolescent s use.
We have it all going for us at present let's keep it that way and enjoy the moment.
Like any blade I enjoy we'd being on there arse great time to be a blade enjoy the ride it's only just started.
Yeah, and stop all that chanting nonsense as well and celebrating goals like mad men, a simple handshake should suffice :rolleyes: UTB

If we don't want it on a flag I'm sure I could make it a t-shirt.

I think we should do some kind of voting thing for people that are interested, maybe on the S24SU twitter, or a strawpoll, gather all the posts people have submitted and have a world cup of flag designs, and see which people want to run with (that's if we're allowed to do it for health and safety reasons).

I'm in. My entry is on post #1 of this thread.

Did we ever find out if we'd be able to get a flag, safety wise? Was it Foxy who was going to be in touch with someone at the club or am I imagining that?

Found this on a website about flags at grounds, a couple of years old now so might be out of date but:

Sheffield United

1. Banners are only allowed on production of a valid fire certificate
2. All sizes of banners must be accompanied by a certificate
3. No poles are allowed into the stadium
4. Anyone wishing to bring a banner/flag should bring with them a valid fire certificate
5. Any offensive wording would be banned from the stadium. All these elements form part of our Safety Certificate and are subject to directives from the Local Authority/Safety Advisory Group. We would urge fans to contact Steve Hicks ([email protected]) at Sheffield United for clarification to avoid any issues on arrival.

Fire certificates I believe can be requested from the manufacturer when purchased.

Ok everyone, thought since it was a matchday and plenty of people would be on the hashtag #twitterblades tonight, I'd set up a twitter and run a poll to see how people feel about everyone's designs.

The account is BDTBL_Banners on twitter, hopefully we can get Foxy to retweet the poll on the S24SU twitter and get a bit of traffic.

Thought I'd post all the images first and then we can go on likes and retweets as well as the results of the poll.

Linky dink

https://twitter.com/BDTBL_Banners

Last edited:
ah ok, i looked back but didn't see it, going blind in my old age

Designs 1, 4 and 5 are all good. A red background and a good clear image of Wilder is what's important.

But again, NO WORDS ARE NECESSARY. Least of all something like 'vive la' revolution.

Designs 1, 4 and 5 are all good. A red background and a good clear image of Wilder is what's important.

But again, NO WORDS ARE NECESSARY. Least of all something like 'vive la' revolution.

On mine (5) what about just the badge? I did one with just that.

I've no real attachment to the words, just have something on the right of Wilder to balance the picture.

Did we ever find out if we'd be able to get a flag, safety wise? Was it Foxy who was going to be in touch with someone at the club or am I imagining that?

I emailed John Garrett regarding safety requirements; heard nowt. Foxy was set to see him last weekend and he was going to run it by him, but I forgot to chase that up.

An email to Steve Hicks might be a good move if that information you've posted is correct.

On mine (5) what about just the badge? I did one with just that.

I've no real attachment to the words, just have something on the right of Wilder to balance the picture.

If you're going to do that, I think the swords and the rose is the best option, but ideally for me you'd centralise Wilder and make him as prominent as possible. Also don't think the UTB is necessary.

Have you tried the same thing but with an all red background? Might look decent.

It's also worth continuing to search for any better photos of Wilder.

Back
Top Bottom