Somebody mentioned a "Guevara" Wilder...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can you put him a Blades beret on.

Get him to put the beret and then ask him to say in his best Frank Spencer voice......

2w1w8pv.jpg

"Oooooooooooh Betteeeeey I think I've done a wooooooopsie......"

11gr2c5.jpg

p.s
Make sure the solid rocket boosters you have fastened to your shoes or trainers are working properly so you can make a quick exit....

In response to some of the comments, I believe my first design (Post 1) is the better of my two, as I don't think adding any text particularly adds anything to the impact overall.

With regard to having this commissioned we can then run in to shaky ground as has been mentioned, in terms of royalties on the photography. As this was simply a googled image, if the photographer should see it and recognised the modifications from his / her image then they could demand payment for usage. I'm a designer, and I've run into such issues before. Once the image is bastardised to an extent it can then open up a dicussion regarding similarities and the like, and if it's "different" enough from the original to be free of any infringement.

If we are seriously considering having this mass produced or put onto a large banner then the safest approach would be to use an image supplied by either the club or by a freelance photography, with permission to modify for commercial viewing.

If we can get that, I'd be happy to apply the same effect to achieve the Guevara style and wouldn't want anything cost wise for this service, so I'm in for anything that gets decided in relation to my design.

Thank you for all the positive feedback, it really is appreciated :D

In response to some of the comments, I believe my first design (Post 1) is the better of my two, as I don't think adding any text particularly adds anything to the impact overall.

With regard to having this commissioned we can then run in to shaky ground as has been mentioned, in terms of royalties on the photography. As this was simply a googled image, if the photographer should see it and recognised the modifications from his / her image then they could demand payment for usage. I'm a designer, and I've run into such issues before. Once the image is bastardised to an extent it can then open up a dicussion regarding similarities and the like, and if it's "different" enough from the original to be free of any infringement.

If we are seriously considering having this mass produced or put onto a large banner then the safest approach would be to use an image supplied by either the club or by a freelance photography, with permission to modify for commercial viewing.

If we can get that, I'd be happy to apply the same effect to achieve the Guevara style and wouldn't want anything cost wise for this service, so I'm in for anything that gets decided in relation to my design.

Thank you for all the positive feedback, it really is appreciated :D

Agree with the sentiment about removing the text, however I think the text would look great as a banner alone, big fan of long banners containing text in grounds, Let me know if there is a crowd funding page to pay for this, I will happily contribute. anything to add to the greatness of Bramall Lane and the match experience I will happily contribute too.

Copyright can be a Bitch.

I think as a general rule if you ‘use’ an image without permission of the owner of that image you can usually get away with it provided you ‘change’ it enough.

That all said I don’t think anyone would be bothered enough to do anything about it.

There are loads of people on twitter that seem to run an image through photoshop and add flames or headlines etc and sell the images... and I’m pretty sure they don’t get permission. (That sounds like I’m being bitter :) I’m not there’s a talent to what they do which I would copy if I could :)).

Copyright can be a Bitch.

I think as a general rule if you ‘use’ an image without permission of the owner of that image you can usually get away with it provided you ‘change’ it enough.

That all said I don’t think anyone would be bothered enough to do anything about it.

There are loads of people on twitter that seem to run an image through photoshop and add flames or headlines etc and sell the images... and I’m pretty sure they don’t get permission. (That sounds like I’m being bitter :) I’m not there’s a talent to what they do which I would copy if I could :)).
The internet and Google images is a great source for inspiration and ideas and no doubt everyone “borrows” images for their own use. The problem is all down to cash. If you use an logo/image from a firm in Brazil and put it on some flyers destined for the Woodseats area, I think you would probably be able to sleep at night. Using a professional photographers image of Lord Wilder and selling a load of tshirt around the Lane.....well. Maybe a bit close to home.
The idea of taking a photo and creating it from scratch seems the best idea.
Also, nobody has asked what Lord Wilder thinks of the idea. He may hate it and leave☹️

The internet and Google images is a great source for inspiration and ideas and no doubt everyone “borrows” images for their own use. The problem is all down to cash. If you use an logo/image from a firm in Brazil and put it on some flyers destined for the Woodseats area, I think you would probably be able to sleep at night. Using a professional photographers image of Lord Wilder and selling a load of tshirt around the Lane.....well. Maybe a bit close to home.
Also, nobody has asked what Lord Wilder thinks of the idea. He may hate it and leave☹️

Funnily enough it’s more the image rights I worry about with my prints...

...well that’s my excuse for my stuff sometimes looking nothing like them. :)

Oh, the fickle finger of fame.

Last season it was all about some fellow called Sharp.

I wonder what happened to him....?

Emailed John Garrett to try and find out what the safety requirements are for banner/flag materials.

He's out of office but when I get a reply and identify a reliable manufacturer, I'll start a crowdfunding initiative and we'll get it going.

Might be good for the resident artists on here to do a few designs, enter their best and narrow it down to 3 or 4, then do a poll and get the winner made. Can't see owt bettering this, though. It looks great and it nails what we're about these days.

Enough talking. Let's get the ball rolling. Who doesn't love a good flag, eh?

Any joy with this? I will happily chip in to get one produced!

I sometimes do stuff in this area, when I make t-shirts, I need reference but usually if I'm doing something like this Wilder image, I would draw it from scratch, not just stick a oil painting effect on it with photoshop, claim it's art and sell it, that sort of boils my piss as much as just sticking the photo on a t-shirt unaltered. I would say that one image of Wilder altered to the extent that this is, would probably be alright even though I understand it's a grey area in terms of legality, as we wouldn't be getting any money from it, and it's altered as I said.

Example, I did a picture of Rey from Star Wars, based on a well known publicity shot, but I sketched and then painted it from a blank screen, but based on the reference obviously. I didn't attempt to sell it on a shirt or anything, but it's my personal requirement for work put in for it to be different enough. Same as your prints B14Nco, there's obviously a lot of work that goes into it which clearly separates it from simple copyright infringement.

rey___daisy_ridley___star_wars_episode_vii_by_bromtomley-da1domb.png

There's parody rules for logos and film posters and stuff which usually means you're alright usually as long as it's different enough, so I don't worry so much with those (also, huge t-shirt making companies rip other companies logos off all the time, so the average man on the street selling 10 shirts isn't likely to run into trouble) but yeah, likenesses based on photos are hard.

It'd be well shit if we got it printed and then found out getty wanted £2K for the image use for one year haha

Shit the bed, I posted that picture on mobile and didn't realise it'd be so big haha

I would draw it from scratch, not just stick a oil painting effect on it with photoshop, claim it's art and sell it, that sort of boils my piss as much as just sticking the photo on a t-shirt unaltered.

Oh my god I thought it was just me! :)

Oh my god I thought it was just me! :)

Hate it haha.. When you see someone tweeting fanart to someone on twitter and you know for a fact all they did was rub it with the smudge tool and turn the vibrancy up, and then there are 400 people fawning over it "OMG you're so talented" etc, but give them a pencil and paper and they'd probably be lucky to get a recognisable stick man haha

I sometimes do stuff in this area, when I make t-shirts, I need reference but usually if I'm doing something like this Wilder image, I would draw it from scratch, not just stick a oil painting effect on it with photoshop, claim it's art and sell it, that sort of boils my piss as much as just sticking the photo on a t-shirt unaltered. I would say that one image of Wilder altered to the extent that this is, would probably be alright even though I understand it's a grey area in terms of legality, as we wouldn't be getting any money from it, and it's altered as I said.

Example, I did a picture of Rey from Star Wars, based on a well known publicity shot, but I sketched and then painted it from a blank screen, but based on the reference obviously. I didn't attempt to sell it on a shirt or anything, but it's my personal requirement for work put in for it to be different enough. Same as your prints B14Nco, there's obviously a lot of work that goes into it which clearly separates it from simple copyright infringement.

rey___daisy_ridley___star_wars_episode_vii_by_bromtomley-da1domb.png

There's parody rules for logos and film posters and stuff which usually means you're alright usually as long as it's different enough, so I don't worry so much with those (also, huge t-shirt making companies rip other companies logos off all the time, so the average man on the street selling 10 shirts isn't likely to run into trouble) but yeah, likenesses based on photos are hard.

It'd be well shit if we got it printed and then found out getty wanted £2K for the image use for one year haha

I think the third hair from the left on the top of her head might be slightly out of position by 2 microns....
just saying like....
Great work Brom...nice one

Let's get a crowd funding page set up to buy this

I'm happy to both design and make this flag. I've already began discussions with Dave McCarthy about a couple of flags like this for the Kop. Brighten it up a bit.

Don’t know what happened to my post above - I was trying to say that this Tufty banner with This City is Ours rather than One of Our Own, as suggested by somebody earlier, would be less common and make Tufty look like a king.

Magic

Don’t know what happened to my post above - I was trying to say that this Tufty banner with This City is Ours rather than One of Our Own, as suggested by somebody earlier, would be less common and make Tufty look like a king.

Magic
But could incorporate them in to our success when, in reality, it's nothing to do with them...

Again, no writing required. Much better without.

Back
Top Bottom