Sky TV is fucking shit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No one has forced clubs to increase ticket prices to the level seen... a report i think in summer showed how much impact ticket sales had on clubs income and for a lot in the Premier League it was scarily low...so there's no reason, aside from out right greed from owners who quite often dont have fans interests at heart, for ticket prices to be as high as they are. Us charging £37 for some tickets is a joke in a stand that was built over 40 years ago and essentially aside from a lick of paint and concession stalls changed at all.

It's become more family orientated and middle class since Sky's involvement and that seems to have given clubs license to increase prices.

The inaction in this country compared to the Germans is bizarre. We seem far more accepting of being viewed simply as customers. The culture in other countries is stronger, it's genuine. Over here it's more of a habit, we're zombies.

The point I was making in my original post was that Sky HAS contributed to the atmosphere not being as good at many grounds as the games are always at stupid o'clock (when people are half asleep on a Sunday afternoon or Monday evening) and a lot of the grounds are full of 'football tourists' who don't support either team and so don't get involved in the singing, cheering...etc.

If football ever does the games abroad thing then that would be the final straw for me. It would show that the FA and Premier League have absolutely zero respect for fans and just want to make money any way possible (which sums up the Premier League pretty well as it is really).

I can understand fans living abroad or people who don't go to games regularly not understanding some people's hatred towards Sky, but anyone who regularly watches their team home and away has every right to hate Sky and the FA/Premier League for how money driven the game has gone. Unfortunately in this country, we just seem to sit back and take it though: In Germany, when the TV companies and German FA tried to play matches on a Monday night for the first time, the fans protested and stayed away from games and the decision was reversed.
I’ll reply to this post aswell as your other post.. it’s Not sky’s fault that matches ko at these times...

The leagues sell the package times

It's become more family orientated and middle class since Sky's involvement and that seems to have given clubs license to increase prices.

The inaction in this country compared to the Germans is bizarre. We seem far more accepting of being viewed simply as customers. The culture in other countries is stronger, it's genuine. Over here it's more of a habit, we're zombies.

I totally agree. We almost seem to think we (as fans/people) have no power to change anything in this country and, once something is decided by the FA/Premier League/Government, it's set in stone and can't be changed. It's ridiculous really, as all it would take is the fans from, say 8-10 Premier League or Championship clubs to protest and stay away from one set of games and they'd be forced to do something about kick off times and ticket prices.

Really think the only way to bring back proper atmosphere is safe standing or/and a singing section.

Seems like everyone wants a better atmosphere but bet the majority will only sing if others are , I know I wouldn’t start a chant of sat in the south stand.

Just get a section at the front of the kop maybe 1/200 palace did and it’s worked

Back
Top Bottom