Sky Bet

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have you 2 not read the thread?

It went from 500/1, to 200/1 to 150/1. Mistake my arse.

“Oh BuT iT’s In ThEiR T’s & C’s”
View attachment 55282

Or, you know, have a brain and consider, I know its tough, that a company has applications in place that have liabilities set on odds and when liabilities are reached, odds are automatically reduced to the next liability level configured and will continue to do so. Honestly, it's not rocket science

Or, you know, have a brain and consider, I know its tough, that a company has applications in place that have liabilities set on odds and when liabilities are reached, odds are automatically reduced to the next liability level configured and will continue to do so. Honestly, it's not rocket science
HaVe A bRaIn AnD cOnSiDeR
B9A53022-3AE4-4A60-B22B-7E16CDAB83F1.jpeg

I can read quite well thanks but your post was a nonsense. Obvious mistake has always been a thing, and to suggest odds could be shortened after the event is well, odd. We're talking ante post betting in this case anyway.
Well that’s bollocks because I’ve had a couple of bets (one with Sky one with 365) paid out then they put my account in - funds because they considered the odds offered (both in play) a mistake and void the bet after the event. I couldn’t use the accounts without paying the exact amount in that I’d won.

Classic. Act like a buffoon and try and discuss something you have absolutely no clue about, be made to look like said buffoon, post "comedy" memes.

You are wasted on here, 4chan is your calling
If your opening gambit is ‘have a brain’ then I have no interest in arguing a point with you. Education in S5 at an all time low I see.

If your opening gambit is ‘have a brain’ then I have no interest in arguing a point with you. Education in S5 at an all time low I see.

Not a gambit, just general life advice. The world isn't out to get you and rip you off at every opportunity, just take a step back and consider points from both sides, really not that difficult.

Well that’s bollocks because I’ve had a couple of bets (one with Sky one with 365) paid out then they put my account in - funds because they considered the odds offered (both in play) a mistake and void the bet after the event. I couldn’t use the accounts without paying the exact amount in that I’d won.

General Terms of Acceptance

• "Gambling is a fast moving environment, odds move rapidly and bets are taken continuously and consequently mistakes do occasionally occur. We do all that we can to avoid this but we cannot accept responsibility for any obvious errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing or marking of prices, the late closing of markets, place terms, handicaps, runners, live scores or results despite our every effort to ensure total accuracy. We reserve the right to correct obvious errors and either settle bets at the correct odds or void bets if prices are unavailable."

Re your comments above, they must either have taken their time making the decision or you withdrew or bet the winnings pretty quickly to get to a minus position.

Can I ask what sport you were betting on?

Not a gambit, just general life advice. The world isn't out to get you and rip you off at every opportunity, just take a step back and consider points from both sides, really not that difficult.
Once people start taking companies like Sky fucking Bet’s side over the working man the world really is fucked.

They’re the biggest hoodwinkers in the game. I’ve been a victim of it first hand. There’s no suggestion that ‘the world is out to get me’ because I think bookies should honour their bets for fucks sake 😂

• "Gambling is a fast moving environment, odds move rapidly and bets are taken continuously and consequently mistakes do occasionally occur. We do all that we can to avoid this but we cannot accept responsibility for any obvious errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing or marking of prices, the late closing of markets, place terms, handicaps, runners, live scores or results despite our every effort to ensure total accuracy. We reserve the right to correct obvious errors and either settle bets at the correct odds or void bets if prices are unavailable."

Re your comments above, they must either have taken their time making the decision or you withdrew or bet the winnings to get to a minus position.

When do we draw the line at an ‘obvious error’ then? Could be a cop out for another Leicester winning the league situation.

Football. Both times. And it was for x player to have x shots on target in play. They were quite high in comparison to their teammates but nothing too huge.

Re your comments above, they must either have taken their time making the decision or you withdrew or bet the winnings pretty quickly to get to a minus position.

Whichever it was, I don’t think he’s currently in a lucky streak, to be honest...

Once people start taking companies like Sky fucking Bet’s side over the working man the world really is fucked.

They’re the biggest hoodwinkers in the game. I’ve been a victim of it first hand. There’s no suggestion that ‘the world is out to get me’ because I think bookies should honour their bets for fucks sake 😂

Hoodwinkers. Amazing. I reckon you are on a pretty bad losing streak, maybe turn your attentions elsewhere... I'm sure they are all corrupt and cheating if you ever have a winning bet eh?

When the fun stops, stop.

Gamcare is always on hand if you want to talk to someone.

Hoodwinkers. Amazing. I reckon you are on a pretty bad losing streak, maybe turn your attentions elsewhere... I'm sure they are all corrupt and cheating if you ever have a winning bet eh?

When the fun stops, stop.

Gamcare is always on hand if you want to talk to someone.
Bad losing streak? Well if you call winning my last acca and being being well up over the past year a bad losing streak then I’ll take it every day.

I don’t gamble enough to ever need to ‘stop’ thanks. If you enjoy being ripped off, be my guest. I’m not a fan.

500 to 200 to 150 to 16, it is not a mistake. The reason they say that it is will be so the can use the 'genuine mistake', clause as a get out.

It stinks and anyone that thinks it doesn't is sleeping with the enemy (or trying to) so to speak.

That is so wrong,I had a bet once for 4 anytime goalscorers,they all scored but one of them came off of the bench so they were not included,I rang up to query this and was told but some clueless girl that the player coming on as a sub had a better chance of scoring as they were fresher,.....the bookie always wins, whatever the odds

500 to 200 to 150 to 16, it is not a mistake. The reason they say that it is will be so the can use the 'genuine mistake', clause as a get out.

It stinks and anyone that thinks it doesn't is sleeping with the enemy (or trying to) so to speak.
I think it’s a bit worrying how many people are siding with Sky of all businesses. Fucking Sky. Get a grip.

That is so wrong,I had a bet once for 4 anytime goalscorers,they all scored but one of them came off of the bench so they were not included,I rang up to query this and was told but some clueless girl that the player coming on as a sub had a better chance of scoring as they were fresher,.....the bookie always wins, whatever the odds

Imagine how pissed off you would have been if your player came on as a time wasting sub in 93rd minute and was settled as a losing bet....

It’s no different to buying something in a shop or online where the price is obviously wrong, the law is on the side of the retailer.

If Skybet turned round and said the odds were wrong with us sat on 49 points with 5 matches to go, then I can understand someone being pissed off, but the season doesn’t start for weeks.

500/1 or 200/1 for us to get over 50 points is clearly a balls up! They made a mistake and gave you a free bet, seems pretty fair to me.

I think it’s a bit worrying how many people are siding with Sky of all businesses. Fucking Sky. Get a grip.

I'm siding with the industry as a whole. An industry that is constantly blamed and attacked by people who simply don't understand what they are doing or the rules associated with it when placing a bet.

Could it not be that a number of people picked up on the 500/1 and piled in? Then the system would drop the odds as the market took shape until the initial error was discovered.

To Akinbiyi
Again, when your bet came in, did you draw the winnings and account balance in full, or bet the lot more or less straight after- which must be the case according to your comments - because you knew the odds you got were wrong?

Last edited:

More worrying is people betting without knowing the basic t&c's.

I doubt you'll find a bookie who doesn't have that in place.

Rule 4's would really piss you off if you bet on the gee gees.

Imagine how pissed off you would have been if your player came on as a time wasting sub in 93rd minute and was settled as a losing bet....
It's the fact that the dozy cow thought a player coming on in the 93rd seem to have more chance of scoring than a player who has played the full 90.....because he is fresher

Could it not be that a number of people picked up on the 500/1 and piled in? Then the system would drop the odds as the market took shape until the initial error was discovered.

To Akinbiyi
Again, when your bet came in, did you draw the winnings and account balance in full, or bet the lot more or less straight after- which must be the case according to your comments - because you knew the odds you got were wrong?
I always withdraw after winning a bet. Once I’ve done for the day that’s it. so I don’t see the value of your point.

I always withdraw after winning a bet. Once I’ve done for the day that’s it. so I don’t see the value of your point.

Thanks for the reply, but It wasn't a point really, just a question.

‘You knew’ ‘which must be the case’

No ‘attempts’ to make a smart remark? I’m disappointed

"Must be the case" was about leaving a zero balance on the account. The " you knew" bit was a separate element. As I'm sure you knew....

You have my sympathy.

Jesus. Palpable error rules are common practice in online gambling. The fact the odds were so huge and so many people tried to bet on it would suggest its an error and priced way too high.

Somehow, I don't think skybet with their 100s of millions of turnover a year will be shitting themselves and changing their minds about offering a price on us to get 50 pts and then just decide to change their prices cos of a few grand in liabilities.

Also, if you made a clear and obvious error, pretty much every bookie in the land would cancel it for you as long as it was clear and obvious and the event hasn't started. For instance you usually bet a 5er, then all of a sudden bet 500 and contact them straight away, they will refund it.

The amount of scrutinity, laws and regulations etc that bookies are subject to is insane everything they do is in line with rules and regulations agreed and accepted by government etc.

I was watching the build up to the golf the other week and they said one punter had put an 83k bet on Tiger which was the biggest they'd ever had and that William hill were saying the bet had been placed in error but they were refusing to refund him. Luckily for him tiger won but just goes to show the bookie won't cancel your bet if it's an obvious error.

More worrying is people betting without knowing the basic t&c's.

I doubt you'll find a bookie who doesn't have that in place.

Rule 4's would really piss you off if you bet on the gee gees.
Rule4 is reasonable, as the terms of the original bet have changed - outside the control of either party. However, when a company whose business is to offer odds is allowed to not honour those odds because “they made a mistake”, then that’s a flagrant and fundamentally insulting breach of contract. Incompetence.

Reactions: Dkc

I was watching the build up to the golf the other week and they said one punter had put an 83k bet on Tiger which was the biggest they'd ever had and that William hill were saying the bet had been placed in error but they were refusing to refund him. Luckily for him tiger won but just goes to show the bookie won't cancel your bet if it's an obvious error.
Yep. Doesn’t work both ways does it.

Back
Top Bottom