Sky Bet

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lazerblade

Reaction score
On Thursday skybet offered a few different bets on blades to get things like 45+ goals, 55+ goals, 30+ points, 40+ points and 50+point.

50+ points was 200/1 so we thought hmm worth a dabble and jumped on it. Checked our accounts on Friday and they have down graded the odds to 16/1. Yes hard to believe they can do it after the bets were placed but they have.

This raises a question for me have they had another look and thought that is way too generous as the blades could actually do it.

The other thing i suppose is have they been forced to take another look because quite a few of us have had a go.

Whatever the reason changing the odds after the event is bang out of order.

They have said it is a genuine mistake !

On Thursday skybet offered a few different bets on blades to get things like 45+ goals, 55+ goals, 30+ points, 40+ points and 50+point.

50+ points was 200/1 so we thought hmm worth a dabble and jumped on it. Checked our accounts on Friday and they have down graded the odds to 16/1. Yes hard to believe they can do it after the bets were placed but they have.

This raises a question for me have they had another look and thought that is way too generous as the blades could actually do it.

The other thing i suppose is have they been forced to take another look because quite a few of us have had a go.

I wonder if they’d give you your money back if you made a genuine mistake placing a bet on the wrong game?

It’s not a genuine mistake, they got scared because lots of blades fancied the bet.

Skybet had been the site I used for my rare punt but they get get screwed now - I didn’t even bet on this by the way it’s just poor service.

Surely if you placed your bet they can't downgrade the odds after its placed. If they have done that, you should be able to take it to the gambling commission or something.

It's not like horses where you select a starting price

It started at 500/1 then went to 150/1 then it disappeared a mate received this email DE686D1B-D8B3-4126-BFFA-CA1EE93B52FD.jpeg

Surely if you placed your bet they can't downgrade the odds after its placed. If they have done that, you should be able to take it to the gambling commission or something.

It's not like horses where you select a starting price

They will have something in their T&C that gets them off the hook.

Twats did same to me. Think it was Wilder's first season in charge. I got 200/1 on us getting promotion with about 10 games to play and they reduced it by half shortly after. Called them to complain and they denied it had ever been that price.

It's a cop out by them and I'm not sure how legally they can change the odds of an already placed bet. If it's a clear error then maybe they would have a case and whilst 200/1 would have seemed very generous, it's not outrageous enough to be an obvious error to me. Get onto Martin Lewis or Watchdog, they love stuff like this :)

Been on to them and they gave the same response that north east blade has posted.

Wont swear but safe to say they are scrubbed from the Christmas card list.

I think they have just thought better of it, 500 to 200 to 150 that doesn't seem like a mistake to me.

I've always thought the odds were fixed once you laid the bet; so after the first Blade sticks his fiver on at 500-1 they twitch and dump it to 100-1 another lad fancies that and sticks a fiver on so they drop it to 16-1. What's to stop them taking 10 grand at 500-1 and then doing the 'it was a mistake' BS? And BTW those free bets are usually a load of cock too, you're never allowed to withdraw the cash you win from them only gamble again until it's gone (in my experience).

What a furkin rip off , when I use to bet ( a long time ago ) I used to "take the price " in other words fix it , so if it went up or down I would revive the price I put the bet on .
Don't know if this is possible with these type of bets ? Personally I can't see us getting no where near 50 points , now 50 pints would be a better bet .

Just been looking at some odds and found one of these “obvious errors” if anybody fancies lumping on.

Brighton at 400-1 to finish in the top half at one particular bookie when they are 6-1 at most places:-

Just been looking at some odds and found one of these “obvious errors” if anybody fancies lumping on.

Brighton at 400-1 to finish in the top half at one particular bookie when they are 6-1 at most places:-

Seeing how they finished last season and replaced their manager with one of equal ability I'll keep my fiver.

Obvious errors are written into the T&C's of every single bookie and they're perfectly within their rights to do it
These obvious errors are getting very prevalent these days, takes the fun out of having a little flutter and when the fun stops...

Just for fun, I'd take them to the small claims court. I dare say your bet would have to come up for you to do that. Would cost peanuts and you are almost certain to get an out of court settlement. :)

Obvious errors are written into the T&C's of every single bookie and they're perfectly within their rights to do it
Well that’s bollocks then. Because every single high odds, non fav winner could be a ‘obvious error’ and the bookies could just scrub the winnings and make the odds much shorter. Bollocks.

Well that’s bollocks then. Because every single high odds, non fav winner could be a ‘obvious error’ and the bookies could just scrub the winnings and make the odds much shorter. Bollocks.

?

I thought that gambling was a “debt of honour” and not actionable through the courts? Mugs game anyway.

Jesus. Palpable error rules are common practice in online gambling. The fact the odds were so huge and so many people tried to bet on it would suggest its an error and priced way too high.

Somehow, I don't think skybet with their 100s of millions of turnover a year will be shitting themselves and changing their minds about offering a price on us to get 50 pts and then just decide to change their prices cos of a few grand in liabilities.

Also, if you made a clear and obvious error, pretty much every bookie in the land would cancel it for you as long as it was clear and obvious and the event hasn't started. For instance you usually bet a 5er, then all of a sudden bet 500 and contact them straight away, they will refund it.

The amount of scrutinity, laws and regulations etc that bookies are subject to is insane everything they do is in line with rules and regulations agreed and accepted by government etc.

Do you have trouble reading? Clear and obvious mistake is a cop out. Odds should be honoured.

I can read quite well thanks but your post was a nonsense. Obvious mistake has always been a thing, and to suggest odds could be shortened after the event is well, odd. We're talking ante post betting in this case anyway.

Back
Top Bottom