Since when was this a ground regulation?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The ticketing policy at the Lane is getting worse and worse.

- Flawed bonus points system. Good in principal but needs an overhaul whereby older points drop off the total at some point

How is the loyalty points scheme flawed?? Not trying to wind up, its a genuine question.

For example when i started Id been to Luton away, bought a season ticket and went to every away game in the PL, most of the following season and for a while was near the top of the tree in terms of points. Since then my away matches have dwindled to on average 8-10 games a season, most but not all home cup games, and im on about 46/47000 points..this means i can get to just about any away game i choose to. (WImbledon away the other year was a bit close!). For my pennys worth, maybe selfishly, that proves that the system works well. My 'loyalty' of going to all those away games back in the day still exists. Think it'd be a bit harsh for people who go and have gone to a lot more away than me in the 12/13 years since it started to lose points. Aside from the Prem season, and the last few under wilder, its not really been an issue as anyone who wanted to get to an away game could. I personally would be pretty pissed off if i couldnt get to the games such as Pigs, Leeds, any new ground ive not been to, because my 'loyalty' of the Prem season (paying £35+ most games, 8-10 clubs in London, Pompey away a few days before Xmas) was no longer recognised, but someone who went to Barnsley two years ago was (as an example!)

Naturally people lke me go to less and less and therefore the younger ones or newer supporters get their chance for tickets then!

A lot of people just can't be arsed with the hassle of going through the processes required by the club. A lot of fans are casual or lazy when it comes to football. Not that they should have to put any effort in to essentially give the club their money.

After a good number of years increasing our fanbase it's like we've just called it a day, satisfied by the dizzy heights of 25,000 attendances.

With Wednesday being such a complete joke maybe United aren't feeling the pressure to do anything to attract the younger generation.

I mainly went with my Dad as a kid upto age 14,but remember catching the bus with mates as a 10 year old to go to the match,can't think when it changed,but it was different times,the Kop was full of kids and teenagers who had probably come on their own....Then later there was Furphy's EDS thing and they built that play pen on the front corner of the Kop..wasn't the EDS thing for kids to travel away aswell?

My first game at 11 years old (in 1964 obviously) with my mate. We both played for the school football team and in those days local schools would have been given comps (free tickets to give away basically)

It was a life changer for me and from then on I was hooked and I started going intermittently and then regularly from around 1969 onwards.

Wouldnt be allowed now i suppose but in those days of standing on concrete steps all the young 'uns would congregate at the front of the Kop and most of the adults would make sure nobody came to any harm.

Agree about ticketing, why cant people pay on the day, if they have id theres no issue of violence etc.

I mainly went with my Dad as a kid upto age 14,but remember catching the bus with mates as a 10 year old to go to the match,can't think when it changed,but it was different times,the Kop was full of kids and teenagers who had probably come on their own....Then later there was Furphy's EDS thing and they built that play pen on the front corner of the Kop..wasn't the EDS thing for kids to travel away aswell?
EDS, Educated Drunken Supporters.

It's clear to me that the club is withholding evidence that shows we have a huge paedophilia issue amongst our fan base.

2crsems.png

Please, can't we pause for a moment and think of the children?

If this rule saves just one teenager from harm it will have been worth introducing. Children are our future, and we should make all efforts necessary to protect them.

People suggesting that teenagers be allowed into the Lane unaccompanied are being dangerously reckless. You don't gamble with the safety of children.
Might be best not to allow anyone under 21 in at all if you want to save youngsters from a particularly painful form of addiction :eek:

We used to go in the junior Blades pen and then climb out. I once went away on the junior Blades coach to watch us get stuffed 6:1 at forest, silk scarf an all.

A mate tried to buy a concession ticket online this morning, as usual gives no such option, had to phone up and do it, club disinterested.
Is the club trying to make it as hard as possible to buy tickets?

1) Log in.
2) Select the match and the particular ticket(s) you want (location,match)..
3)Go to the basket, as if you're going to pay.
4) At this point you should be able to see which account you are using on the left drop down menu (name and customer number) and another drop down menu (on the right hand side) that includes the 'price band'. Change the price band menu to the one that is applicable to you i.e 'concession'. The default setting is for an adult ticket on my computer, so probably will require changing if you're not buying an adult ticket.
5) Now you've changed the price band to concession, go to the bottom of the screen and click 'update basket'. The price should now change on the screen to one that reflects the concession, rather than adult price.
Hope this helps. Essentially any drop down menu that you change, should be followed by clicking update basket; unless the screen already indicates the change. The options for tomorrows game on the online system are u18s, u22, student, senior. I presume they're the options for all home games.

Last edited:

1) Log in.
2) Select the match and the particular ticket (s) you want.
4) At this point you should be able to see which account you are using on the left drop down menu (name and customer number) and another drop down menu (on the right hand side) that includes the 'price band'. Change the price band menu to the one that is applicable to you i.e 'concession'. The default setting is for an adult ticket on my computer, so probably will require changing if you're not buying an adult ticket.
5) Now you've changed the price band to concession, go to the bottom of the screen and click 'update basket'. The price should now change on the screen to one that reflects the concession, rather than adult price.
Hope this helps. Essentially any drop down menu that you change, should be followed by clicking update basket; unless the screen already indicates the change.
Thanks, when I/others have tried to book seats together it quotes full price then asks for payment but I'll try again with this next time, no body at the ticket office in person, by phone or by mail seems to know anything about how to do this nor bothers to reply.

1) Log in.
2) Select the match and the particular ticket (s) you want.
Hope this helps. Essentially any drop down menu that you change, should be followed by clicking update basket; unless the screen already indicates the change. The options for tomorrows game on the online system are u18s, u22, student, senior.
That doesn't seem that logical that you choose the type of ticket you want to buy after you've put it in the basket.

That doesn't seem that logical that you choose the type of ticket you want to buy after you've put it in the basket.

I think that's what confuses people. Initially you pick the ticket and location in the ground at the beginning. At the end you choose which particular customer number you are using for the ticket, whether you want it posting or are collecting, and the particular price band that is applicable for each ticket purchased. It's counter intuitive, particularly in regard to choosing price bands.
United should create a frequently asked questions/comprehensive user guide for the online system. It must be costing us business.

Thanks, when I/others have tried to book seats together it quotes full price then asks for payment but I'll try again with this next time, no body at the ticket office in person, by phone or by mail seems to know anything about how to do this nor bothers to reply.

United should create a frequently asked questions/comprehensive user guide for the online system. It must be costing us business. Just so you know: every single person buying a ticket needs their own unique customer number. To buy more than one ticket in a transaction you have to have the person added to your 'family and friends' on the account using their customer number. For example: I can buy six tickets by logging into my account, but the other five people would have to have their own customer numbers and will have been added to my account using this number.

We used to go in the junior Blades pen and then climb out. I once went away on the junior Blades coach to watch us get stuffed 6:1 at forest, silk scarf an all.
For reasons Bert's memory can no longer remember Bert was sat in the Forest director's box that day.

Good job it wasntaround when I started at age 10 in 1962

Very much my manor 1976-79ish ..... well for about 30 seconds , after which I climbed over the fence to the terrace to stand next the tunnel.
Not sure I could manage the fence nowadays.

I've got it in my mind that we slipped under the gate between the Lane end and the John St when I were a lad.

29B9760E-618B-43AD-BDDF-04D18D567311.jpeg

To get in took 3 physical searches tonight each one after showing a match ticket, bought with my credit card, and having to show my passport each time. The middle search being conducted by the bleeding army!!

This is not the future of football.

Mind you once inside you could drink in view of the pitch, stand where you wanted and could openly smoke some of life’s more interesting natural products.

That could well be the future of football..

United should create a frequently asked questions/comprehensive user guide for the online system. It must be costing us business. Just so you know: every single person buying a ticket needs their own unique customer number. To buy more than one ticket in a transaction you have to have the person added to your 'family and friends' on the account using their customer number. For example: I can buy six tickets by logging into my account, but the other five people would have to have their own customer numbers and will have been added to my account using this number.

I tried adding my mate to my friends and family account. Despite putting all his details in (he did them himself so I know they were correct) it kept bouncing me back and rejecting it. No idea why. All I did was ring the box office. That’s the plan B. If in doubt, ring them. Old school style. Takes a bit longer but at least they’ve changed the hold music.

On 3.... 1,2,3 “Let me hold you, for the last time.....”

It's clear to me that the club is withholding evidence that shows we have a huge paedophilia issue amongst our fan base.

Paedophilia hadn't been invented when I was a lad. Mind you, I was told not to accept sweets from strange men,

Back
Top Bottom