Simon Jordan's quote on the Prince and Wilder in September

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It isn't though, is it. We can be better than every team we face but if we don't score goals we'll not get enough points. See below.

But we still lost. Outperforming WBA got us 0 points as we failed to convert some very good chances. There's no reason why we couldn't have won that game 2-1 with the chances we had in the second half, games are decided by goals scored not performances.
I think you're taking the performance part of outperform too literally. Outperform as In do better than, over the course of a season. Though I must confess Fulham winning against Leicester was as unexpected as it was unwelcome.

We'll get something against Leicester at the weekend
A pasting?! 😁

Now they just lost we could be on the receiving end!

Saving grace could be their European exploits. They don't have a huge squad of quality players. They won't get back in UK until Friday morning. Probably will not do any training then and will have one day prep for our game.

It's probably the best scenario for us to get some form of positive result.

"He was clear that he looked at other clubs. He's spending the money the Premier League has allowed him to spend by their involvement. I think what he's spent is reasonable, £50-60m a season, it's the wages that will be the key. It'll be a key season for Sheffield United, Chris Wilder is the perfect manager and we'll see if second season syndrome comes in. I don't think it will. He's a breath of fresh air. I love his attitude. But they've got a challenge because of the expectations, very rarely do you ever satisfy the expectations of media and fans. Once you don't, you're in a different dynamic that people become disappointed and disillusioned" Jordan has got it spot on with the last two sentences.

To me Wilder is still the perfect manager for SUFC. We have not started well but there are still 28 league matches left to play, our key players such as Fleck and Mousett have returned to the team, we are still missing JOC, hopefully Stevens will be back soon and with Brewster looking good last night. It dismays me that some have given up this season and quite a few want Wilder out! If we do go down this season I hope the majority of Blades fans still want Wilder to continue next season.

Well said Silent, it's sad to see people throwing in the towel already.

Fleck is still 35-40% of the battling midfielder he was last season. I am baffled where all that ability has leaked away to. Mousset is never the answer to our goalscoring inability. Stevens is a busted flush and poor young Brewster has that 'what the FUCK did I come here for to get fucking relegated?' look on his face.

No one wants Wilder to go, not you, not me, not anyone. But if you can't change, you won't survive. It's as simple as that. If he doesn't change something, then the board will change the next level up to change something. Sentimentality and allegiance doesn't even come into it. It's all about survival now and how we do against teams around us. At the moment it's looking like us, Burnley and WBA for the drop, with possibly Fulham in there too and I give them lot more chance of pulling away from us than I do of us catching them.

pommpey
With the players available at present I’m not sure there is much he can change which would be better.

A pasting?! 😁

Now they just lost we could be on the receiving end!

Saving grace could be their European exploits. They don't have a huge squad of quality players. They won't get back in UK until Friday morning. Probably will not do any training then and will have one day prep for our game.

It's probably the best scenario for us to get some form of positive result.
Well we know Vardy will score so we need at least a goal to get a point

Jordan said we're as good as down on TS on Monday

Back
Top Bottom