Should we sell Billy?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sharp played well no doubt but for 15 minutes that Leeds defence was the worst we have come up against this season. We had a good chance each for Duffy and Sharp and neither was on target, Sharp converted the hardest chance of the 3. We could've put the game to bed early doors and played at a canter for the remainder, we shouldn't let a good result exaggerate what was a moderate performance.

Not all fans are blinkered by bladey bladeness.
There's being blinkered, and there's being blind, and there's being totally illogical. The statements made by "Bayingblade" (VERY aptly named BTW) about Billy Sharp's abilities at Championship level are utterly ridiculous and embarrassingly naive. He says "Strikers have to offer much more than picking up scraps around the 6 yard box" - an obvious statement to make, and one that Jordan Rhodes at £8million would do well to note, but to apply that to Billy Sharp and suggest that's all he's got just beggars belief. It's the sort of statement I'd expect from a very wounded jealous Wendy fan who's trying to ease the pain he's feeling.

Billy had his best game of the season yesterday and was definitely a horse for that course. But he’s struggled on other courses this season. Not all fans are blinkered by bladey bladeness.

Struggled that much, he has notched 11 goals.

Carry on struggling Billy.

£10k+ pw is not an expensive Championship wage and Billy is a senior pro and our Captain.
I'd expect him to amongst the highest paid at BDTBL.

UTB!

He was reportedly on that when we signed him in L1. Add on the bonuses and his pay rise when we got promoted we're probably looking at around £18k per week. Still peanuts at this level for someone who will guarantee you 20+ goals per season.

No, sell Lavery and Hanson n keep old Bill!
And from what I saw on long in the highlights at Wimbledon, sell him too!
Should give us enough to buy a couple of boxes of Peroni for the rest of the lads.

He was reportedly on that when we signed him in L1. Add on the bonuses and his pay rise when we got promoted we're probably looking at around £18k per week. Still peanuts at this level for someone who will guarantee you 20+ goals per season.

Seeing as its not my money, I would double his wages, lets not also forget his contribution during that season under Adkins the Idiot, we might have been relegated without his 20 goals.

His best season in the Championship since 11/12. He had 11 at this stage that season and went on to bag 19.

He’s often scored in batches, let’s hope this is the start of another. He hasn’t forgotten how to finish, the volley was superb yesterday.

There's being blinkered, and there's being blind, and there's being totally illogical. The statements made by "Bayingblade" (VERY aptly named BTW) about Billy Sharp's abilities at Championship level are utterly ridiculous and embarrassingly naive. He says "Strikers have to offer much more than picking up scraps around the 6 yard box" - an obvious statement to make, and one that Jordan Rhodes at £8million would do well to note, but to apply that to Billy Sharp and suggest that's all he's got just beggars belief. It's the sort of statement I'd expect from a very wounded jealous Wendy fan who's trying to ease the pain he's feeling.
Like you say, there’s being blinkered and being blind.

sadly, Billy has never really done it t this level

He is not quick, he is not mobile and for a well built lad, often goes to ground easily. Consequently, he has become less and less effective as the weeks have gone by and is falling down the pecking order.

he would really only go to league 1 and I can't see many paying more than what £200k?

Like you say, there’s being blinkered and being blind.

Goals scored (thus far) = 11
Hopefully, assuming you look straight at the screen, you will at least be able to see that and realise how stupid your statements were.

Struggled that much, he has notched 11 goals.

Carry on struggling Billy.[/
Goals scored (thus far) = 11
Hopefully, assuming you look straight at the screen, you will at least be able to see that and realise how stupid your statements were.
i also say what I see on the pitch, hence my comments regarding his performance on Saturday.

Billy has never really done it t this level and he is not going to improve.
Strikers have to offer much more than just picking up scraps around the 6 yard box. And sadly, this is where Billy falls down, literally in many cases. He is not quick, he is not mobile and for a well built lad, often goes to ground easily. Consequently, he has become less and less effective as the weeks have gone by and is falling down the pecking order.

If the rumours of his wages (£10k+ pw) are true, it's a very expensive motivator we have. I would suggest that could be better utilised. I would be more than happy to see Billy as part of the coaching staff come next season but I am not sure he will feel he is ready for that. Maybe a swansong at somewhere like Scunny or Donny before he returns to the coaching setup.

Billy has scored 10 goals in the Champ and at 147 minutes per goal he is second only (goals per minute played) to the top scorer Matej Vydra.

You say Billy has never done it at this level. Apart from his 12 for Forest in the Champ and his 9 for Southampton (half a season) in the Champ and his 40 for Donny in the Champ over 2 and a half seasons. A few seasons ago admittedly but he certainly has performed at this level.

If rumours of him being on £10k a week are true I suggest he sack his agent immediately! I'd like to bet he is on significantly more.

His best season in the Championship since 11/12. He had 11 at this stage that season and went on to bag 19.

He’s often scored in batches, let’s hope this is the start of another. He hasn’t forgotten how to finish, the volley was superb yesterday.

Don’t forget he’s better at pens than Messi

Back
Top Bottom