Should Ramsdale be loaned out if Henderson becomes available?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Correct, so any club that wants their asset should pay for it. As far as I know, United have never loaned a player to a fellow PL club in recent times and if they did, they sure as hell wouldn’t pay him for the privilege of playing for a rival.
They also stopped being Newton Heath 118 years ago...

We didn't pay full wack last year so why the change in attitude bearing in mind our manager has been extremely complimentary about them. They are entitled to move the goal posts agree it is their asset but in doing so have potentially soured the relationship and have on their hands now an unhappy player. For the amount of money we were being asked to shell out we asked for an option to buy Henderson at the end of the next loan but were refused. The Club were not prepared to be taken for a ride for another season so it seems we walked away and rightly so.

We didn't pay full wack last year so why the change in attitude bearing in mind our manager has been extremely complimentary about them. They are entitled to move the goal posts agree it is their asset but in doing so have potentially soured the relationship and have on their hands now an unhappy player. For the amount of money we were being asked to shell out we asked for an option to buy Henderson at the end of the next loan but were refused. The Club were not prepared to be taken for a ride for another season so it seems we walked away and rightly so.

The difference is that there are probably other takers for him now willing to also develop him in a different environment and who are more than happy to pay the loan fee and wage contribution asked. We were probably the highest team willing to give him the most amount of playing time last season – that’s very unlikely now. We’d probably not be competing with the likes of Villa and other bottom half teams for him – there will be a lot of interest, and a third season was only really on the cards if his stock had stayed static or lowered, rather than the reverse.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...sfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-live-18785361

COUGH

Sheffield United 'considering Henderson approach'
Sheffield United are considering making an approach to take Dean Henderson on loan for a third season, ESPN report.

The Blades have had a bid accepted for Bournemouth keeper Aaron Ramsdale, according to widespread reports, but this latest development would suggest they are hopeful of keeping Henderson for another year.

The report adds Henderson wants a year of regular football to strengthen his chances of playing for England in the rescheduled Euro 2020 tournament.

I’d go and get a Covid test with that cough you’ve got.

I’d go and get a Covid test with that cough you’ve got.

No, it was just pointing out that SUFC are thinking upon the exact same lines I stated on this forum a couple of days ago which I was ridiculed for

But then you know that ;)

Is this Chris applying a bit a bit of pressure by any chance?

Can't see us spending that kind of money on Ramsdale to sit him on the bench and can't see Ramsdale being happy to do that either.

Just imagine though if Man U have priced Henderson out of a loan move back to us and he ends up at Fulham in a relegation scrap shipping goals left, right and centre, (well mainly at his near post....). Meanwhile, Rammers has an outstanding season behind our once again super mean defence and takes Henderson's place on the plane to the Euros with Pickford and Pope......

I have to agree.

Henderson is a superb keeper and has incredible reflexes but he’s been hugely protected by one of the very best defences in the country, and we didn’t concede many gilt edged chances, whereas Bournemouth probably had a few against them every fucking game. Swap them round this season just gone and I doubt our positions change hugely.

Ramsdale’s potential is massive.
I agree. And yet Aké at the heart of that leaky shite Bournemouth defence has just been signed by City for £40m and £40k a week! Makes zero sense

I agree. And yet Aké at the heart of that leaky shite Bournemouth defence has just been signed by City for £40m and £40k a week! Makes zero sense
Ake is good though

The difference is that there are probably other takers for him now willing to also develop him in a different environment and who are more than happy to pay the loan fee and wage contribution asked. We were probably the highest team willing to give him the most amount of playing time last season – that’s very unlikely now. We’d probably not be competing with the likes of Villa and other bottom half teams for him – there will be a lot of interest, and a third season was only really on the cards if his stock had stayed static or lowered, rather than the reverse.

I can't see any of the top clubs getting the benefit of Man. United's future no 1. The strength of our defence, including him, has upped his stock accordingly, that may not happen with a similar club. Man.United would be better off keeping him at OT and playing him when De Gea has a bad game, which may not be long coming. They're stuck with De Gea wages wise, whether he plays or not.

As for Hendo, GLTTL, part of some great memories.

No, it was just pointing out that SUFC are thinking upon the exact same lines I stated on this forum a couple of days ago which I was ridiculed for

Which thread was that?

Not like you to bump a post to try and prove a spurious connection with something you’ve previously said 😉

Loan swap with Man U?

Ramsdale sits on their bench learning from De Gea and Hendo starts for us to get games for the Euros?

Definitely worth getting Hendo on loan if we can. Rammers seems to be getting worse every game.

All together now, loud and proud

"There are 3 or 4 problems that need sorting way before it's worth looking at Ramsdale's performances"

Yes Henderson was great, but Ramsdale's decent - and at the moment decent is lght years in front of a lot of what's around him

Rammers was dropping crosses and looking shaking all game. My mate who is a Leicester fan said he looked nervous all game as well.
Henderson is a better keeper, that's all.

Granted we missed some sitters for sure as well though.

Henderson was fantastic for us but we only borrowed him.

He's gone now, and he's probably not coming back.

Some of our supporters need to deal with this.

IMO Henderson is a better goalkeeper than Ramsdale, and I felt more confident with Henderson in goal than I do with Ramsdale in goal.

If they were both at the club still, then I understand comparing them. As one isn't, I don't see the point.

Back
Top Bottom