Should Ramsdale be loaned out if Henderson becomes available?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe but it seems obvious to me that they thought we'd just stump up the 100k to get him back.

Agreed, but at some point weā€™d not be getting him back for another season and we have to develop our own talent sooner or later.

As soon as Ramsdale became available, Henderson was never coming back. I suspect that if Trabzonspor had accepted our Ƈakir bids, and not held out for ā‚¬25m we would have signed him.

Weā€™ve saved ourselves ā‚¬7/10M on a known quantity, meaning we have Ā£6/9M to spend elsewhere. Add in around Ā£5M for Lundstram and Ā£7M for Callum Robinson, means we have a net spend of around Ā£3M. Cash, Robinson and Swift would be around Ā£14M plus L. Freeman. Net spend is Ā£17M and we have 4 players who add quality and depth.

Assuming we have a total budget of Ā£50M, then Iā€™d imagine one or two big budget left-field signings before the end of the transfer window.

Ramsdale will be a fantastic signing he never wanted to leave in the first place has still been going to our games since he left he loves the club all his mates are in Sheffield great piece of business...Henderson was never ours and never wanted to be ours letā€™s not forget that UTB

Consider this.

It's coming up to the end of the transfer deadline and Henderson is sitting on the bench at Manchester United not getting games, and they won't sell to a rival and no-one outside of the UK makes a decent enough bid for him.

The club and the player realize there is no point in this situation continuing (especially with the Euros coming up) so decide to loan him out subsidising his wages significantly (which they aren't willing to do now).

It's smart for us to have Ramsdale long term, however at present Henderson is the better keeper.

If Henderson became available at a decent price on loan after/if we've signed Ramsdale should we do it for one more year?

Then send Ramsdale out on loan to Fulham or somewhere for a year to continue his development ready to return for our long term future the season after next.

It's another 'weird' suggestion by me, though Chelsea sort of did something similar signing Courtois for big money and loaning him out keeping Cech for one more year.
It would certainly be an interesting conversation with Ramsdale.

And the Board for the matter.

It's good you've managed to ween yourself off Ched finally but as the OP clearly demonstrates, going cold turkey can have serious side effects šŸ˜†

This has been like getting high fives off a tall friend, each time he does it he raises his hand a bit so next time it's that bit harder.
Left the fucker hanging!

It's good you've managed to ween yourself off Ched finally but as the OP clearly demonstrates, going cold turkey can have serious side effects šŸ˜†

Actually been playing too much Football Manager. Signed a good keeper on loan, then found a better one later in the window and terminated the loan of the previous one.

Absolutely ruthless me ;)

(in all seriousness would Ramsdale be that offended? Courtois wasn't and he went onto to play for Chelsea for years)

Very pricey... doesn't this actually mean the club have made a considerable loss on an academy player? Including the cost to train him at the academy in the first place. Lost at least Ā£17 million to play our own graduate (Bit like Billy Sharp and Scunthorpe and back again)
Just seems the club makes some silly mistakes time and time again when it comes to academy graduates... you all know what I mean. However I understand the circumstances about why we sold him on in the first place and if this is true, I really wish him the best of luck as a Blade (again). I'm not overly bothered if Henderson comes or doesn't come back, slightly over rated, very good in the air, crap when it comes to low balls, also has the tendency every now and then of freezing (not even attempting to make a save) and admire the ball going in... sorry but he gets payed lots of money and people pay lots of money to see a goalkeeper do his job even if it's futile and at least try. I still think he's a class keeper though, despite my little rant, just a few tweaks to his game and he probably would be Man U number 1.

And no we shouldn't loan him out what nonsense is that?

Good young keeper and he will be ours Deano was never going to be UTB

Itā€™s obviously a no to the OP. We need to get behind Ramsdale from day one. Iā€™m sure there will be a few ready to dish out the ā€œGeorge Long treatmentā€ when he slips up (which he will, all keepers do at some stage). I hope our fans realise that at 22 no gk is the finished article.

Having said that I remember when we re signed Billy Sharp for Ā£2m. The club took criticism for forking out that kind of fee for a player we developed. He got off to a slow start and ended up going out on loan in the end.

As they say though football is a funny old game. Afterall who would have thought when Ramsdale (and then Brooks) went to Bournemouth weā€™d be picking over their relegated carcass a couple of years later. Ramsdale may well have a poor start and we could find ourself looking at other options.

Likewise he might have an amazing season and get snapped up by a bigger club and we find ourselves in for Hendo on much reduced terms after a season of not even bench warming at Old Trafford.

Consider this.

It's coming up to the end of the transfer deadline and Henderson is sitting on the bench at Manchester United not getting games, and they won't sell to a rival and no-one outside of the UK makes a decent enough bid for him.

The club and the player realize there is no point in this situation continuing (especially with the Euros coming up) so decide to loan him out subsidising his wages significantly (which they aren't willing to do now).

It's smart for us to have Ramsdale long term, however at present Henderson is the better keeper.

If Henderson became available at a decent price on loan after/if we've signed Ramsdale should we do it for one more year?

Then send Ramsdale out on loan to Fulham or somewhere for a year to continue his development ready to return for our long term future the season after next.

It's another 'weird' suggestion by me, though Chelsea sort of did something similar signing Courtois for big money and loaning him out keeping Cech for one more year.
We arnt gunna spend another 3 million + one goalie when weve spent 15 + on Ramsdale already

60+ years ago, if someone had told me that United would spend Ā£18.5 million on a goalkeeper, I would have called Middlewood Hospital and asked for the men in white coats and a plain van.

Today, given the OPā€™s question about loaning said goalkeeper out immediately, Iā€™m frantically searching for the modern day NHS equivalent.....

Outrageous, I'm outraged.

Agree with the OP, what a great post and an original way of thinking. After loaning Ramsdale out I would also sign Ched back and send McBurnie and Mousset on loan.

I definitely think if we could loan 5 of the first team out and replace them with world class players who arenā€™t really that arsed about playing for us weā€™d be much better off. Great concept.

Who's to say Henderson is better than Ramsdale ?

Loved Hendos time with us but throughout it he made it clear we were just a stepping stone for him. We have now got our own potential Englsnd keeper so let's forget about the past and move forwards
I have to agree.

Henderson is a superb keeper and has incredible reflexes but heā€™s been hugely protected by one of the very best defences in the country, and we didnā€™t concede many gilt edged chances, whereas Bournemouth probably had a few against them every fucking game. Swap them round this season just gone and I doubt our positions change hugely.

Ramsdaleā€™s potential is massive.

Is the Ramsale deal actually confirmed still nothing official on sufc.co.uk

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...sfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-live-18785361

COUGH

Sheffield United 'considering Henderson approach'
Sheffield United are considering making an approach to take Dean Henderson on loan for a third season, ESPN report.

The Blades have had a bid accepted for Bournemouth keeper Aaron Ramsdale, according to widespread reports, but this latest development would suggest they are hopeful of keeping Henderson for another year.

The report adds Henderson wants a year of regular football to strengthen his chances of playing for England in the rescheduled Euro 2020 tournament.

I think we should just get behind ramsdale and forget about deano,ye deano was excellent for us but if we do sign ramsdale we should get behind him
Agree with this. Make Rambo no.1 and send Hendo out on loan. Recall him if needed šŸ˜‚

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...sfer-news/man-utd-transfer-news-live-18785361

COUGH

Sheffield United 'considering Henderson approach'
Sheffield United are considering making an approach to take Dean Henderson on loan for a third season, ESPN report.

The Blades have had a bid accepted for Bournemouth keeper Aaron Ramsdale, according to widespread reports, but this latest development would suggest they are hopeful of keeping Henderson for another year.

The report adds Henderson wants a year of regular football to strengthen his chances of playing for England in the rescheduled Euro 2020 tournament.
Still time to part ways and to now develop our own keeper to well, make him a keeper as a keeper šŸ˜

The reason Henderson is not coming back to SUFC is nothing to do with his agent. CW has rightly told Solskjaer and the money grabbers at Newton Heath to do one when they suggested we should be covering the whole of a possible Ā£100k a week wages. Thats driven a coach and horses through Solskjaer plan to palm off Henderson to us for another year so he can avoid the problem of picking him over De Gea. Henderson was never going to come to us permanently when he can get that sort of wage so in effect his agent is doing his job very well.
Money grabbers? By wanting a club that borrows their asset to pay his wages, rather than them pay him to play for someone else? šŸ¤”

Money grabbers? By wanting a club that borrows their asset to pay his wages, rather than them pay him to play for someone else? šŸ¤”

The money grabbers are the admin, bean counters, at Newton Heath who insisted on the full rate of potentially Ā£100k a week being reimbursed to them. The sporting side include the manager were keen for him to come back to us. We have developed their player for two years and made him into an England international enabling his value to rise considerably, that in itself should be sufficient for a discount off the cost of any loan. Most Clubs pay percentages of wages for loan players not the full amount as we have done previously. No wonder we walked away.

I think we should just get behind ramsdale and forget about deano,ye deano was excellent for us but if we do sign ramsdale we should get behind him

This for me.

Deane has been fantastic for us, but we need to make our peace with the fact he's not coming back.

The money we are spending would suggest Ramsdale is gonna be no.1 so we need to get behind him

The money grabbers are the admin, bean counters, at Newton Heath who insisted on the full rate of potentially Ā£100k a week being reimbursed to them. The sporting side include the manager were keen for him to come back to us. We have developed their player for two years and made him into an England international enabling his value to rise considerably, that in itself should be sufficient for a discount off the cost of any loan. Most Clubs pay percentages of wages for loan players not the full amount as we have done previously. No wonder we walked away.

Sort of agree, but he is their player, so it's their right to say how much of the wage they want us to pay.

Equally, it's our right to say fuck off we dont want to pay that much.

Correct, so any club that wants their asset should pay for it. As far as I know, United have never loaned a player to a fellow PL club in recent times and if they did, they sure as hell wouldnā€™t pay him for the privilege of playing for a rival.
They also stopped being Newton Heath 118 years ago...

I said this the other day.
Would be good to have someone breathing down his neck fighting for the jersey. Heā€™s not had that for 2 years. And would also be good for Ramsdale to push himself and take the pressure off too, while learning from each other.
Be happy for Moore to leave as I donā€™t think heā€™s up to this level.

Back
Top Bottom