Should Ramsdale be loaned out if Henderson becomes available?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
Consider this.

It's coming up to the end of the transfer deadline and Henderson is sitting on the bench at Manchester United not getting games, and they won't sell to a rival and no-one outside of the UK makes a decent enough bid for him.

The club and the player realize there is no point in this situation continuing (especially with the Euros coming up) so decide to loan him out subsidising his wages significantly (which they aren't willing to do now).

It's smart for us to have Ramsdale long term, however at present Henderson is the better keeper.

If Henderson became available at a decent price on loan after/if we've signed Ramsdale should we do it for one more year?

Then send Ramsdale out on loan to Fulham or somewhere for a year to continue his development ready to return for our long term future the season after next.

It's another 'weird' suggestion by me, though Chelsea sort of did something similar signing Courtois for big money and loaning him out keeping Cech for one more year.

Wouldn't Fulham just sign Henderson on loan instead?

Perhaps Fulham aren't the best example as they have money and a decent keeper actually. Someone like Celtic who couldn't afford Henderson even with subsidized wages but would be interested in Ramsdale if they can't get Forster back

It would be a strange situation but yes, as long as its to a Premiership team or similar standard in Europe, which may work out well because when we qualify for EL, CL we will need a keeper with European experience.

60+ years ago, if someone had told me that United would spend £18.5 million on a goalkeeper, I would have called Middlewood Hospital and asked for the men in white coats and a plain van.

Today, given the OP’s question about loaning said goalkeeper out immediately, I’m frantically searching for the modern day NHS equivalent.....

Consider this.

It's coming up to the end of the transfer deadline and Henderson is sitting on the bench at Manchester United not getting games, and they won't sell to a rival and no-one outside of the UK makes a decent enough bid for him.

The club and the player realize there is no point in this situation continuing (especially with the Euros coming up) so decide to loan him out subsidising his wages significantly (which they aren't willing to do now).

It's smart for us to have Ramsdale long term, however at present Henderson is the better keeper.

If Henderson became available at a decent price on loan after/if we've signed Ramsdale should we do it for one more year?

Then send Ramsdale out on loan to Fulham or somewhere for a year to continue his development ready to return for our long term future the season after next.

It's another 'weird' suggestion by me, though Chelsea sort of did something similar signing Courtois for big money and loaning him out keeping Cech for one more year.
Interesting thinking, like I do. There could be more twists yet........😎

60+ years ago, if someone had told me that United would spend £18.5 million on a goalkeeper, I would have called Middlewood Hospital and asked for the men in white coats and a plain van.

Today, given the OP’s question about loaning said goalkeeper out immediately, I’m frantically searching for the modern day NHS equivalent.....
Here's an option for you to review.

Yeah we could agree to give Newton Heath the six points as well on top of the £5 million plus we'd be saving them in wages and add ons for a year. Lets continue to be Newtons bitches for another year - not.

Who's to say Henderson is better than Ramsdale ?

Loved Hendos time with us but throughout it he made it clear we were just a stepping stone for him. We have now got our own potential Englsnd keeper so let's forget about the past and move forwards

If we sign Ramsdale that will be it GK forget Hendo, Man Utd want us to pay his 100k a week wages, that would cripple us it was great while he was here but all we can say is thanks for the memories Hendo & good luck.

Hendo will be Man Utd’s substiute GK until De Gea is injured or makes another mistake, when it will then be up to De Gea to get the number one spot back. GLTTL.

I still don't really understand the hype about Henderson. He makes some good saves, but also does alot of questionable thing. Alot of people seem to be disregarding the ability of the team as a defensive unit.

Agreed. On his day he makes some unbelievable stops but his relationship with the fans makes the regulation ones seem better.

We need a full time, long term keeper. Would have been delighted if that was Hendo but I’m equally excited about Ramsdale.

I still don't really understand the hype about Henderson. He makes some good saves, but also does alot of questionable thing. Alot of people seem to be disregarding the ability of the team as a defensive unit.
Shite kicking and always wants to boot it upfield. That's off my chest now!😎

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Maybe if Ramsdale had played on loan for us last season and Henderson had played for Bournemouth, we might be asking if Hendo should go out on loan if Ramsdale becomes available? He wasn’t Bournemouth’s player of the year for nothing, it was because their defence was poor but could just as easily excelled whilst being less involved behind our defence.

If he signs he needs to play and we all need to back him 100% whilst of course wishing Hendo well.

I still stand behind this post (not the Ben Foster part), and my gut feeling is Deano has gone.

I may be about to throw myself on the chopping block with the life-long Blades here but here goes;

I think Sheffield United can do a lot better than Deano.

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing but admiration for him and for what he’s done for the club, and I rate him at least equal to Pickford now (apart from his kicking), but

Deep down in the pit of my stomach I feel he isn’t training and playing to this standard for Sheffield United, he’s doing it to stay on the radar at Man U. If Man U decide that he’s not for them and we can buy him, that would be a bitter disappoint for him which could lead to a drop in form. This could only be for couple of weeks but that’s enough for a solid mid table position to turn into a relegation battle. He could also start playing silly buggers with wage demands.

If we do part company in the summer we can be confident that CWAK have the situation well in hand, so I’m not at all worried about Deano departing for pastures new. We would also have room for another loaner.

As for a replacement, I have my doubts that Simon Moore has the quality to be a No1 PL keeper but I wouldn’t be displeased if we made a bid for Ben Foster on a one year contract.

My only concern is the 62 goals he let in, but now he’s behind our defence, that might change, be interesting to hear the comments of someone who has watched Bournemouth more than I have this season.

I’m starting to think Ramsdale as No1 with Foderingham on the bench.

If we want to be better and be like Chelsea, time to start acting like Chelsea ;)

In all seriousness yes behind Ramsdale and hopefully we forget about Hendo (in a nice way) moving on, but at present in the cold light of day the latter is the better goalkeeper.

I think Henderson has been really badly advised by his agent.

I would have said the same only for 6 years ago never mind 60+ 🤣

Back
Top Bottom