Match Thread Sheffield United vs Leicester City - 24th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEIC
LEIC
LEIC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1566462430626.png v. 1566462396994.png

EPL Week 3 - Saturday 24th August 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leicester-city.467/

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Madley
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Neil Hair
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 09.26.01.png

Last edited:

We've matched 2 counter attacking teams relatively comfortably and today will provide a different challenge against a quicker, more athletic team.

The consensus seems to be that they will have too much for us, and that may be the case, but I have a strong feeling that we will create as many problems for them as they do for us.

The difference could be that little bit of quality/experience that they have in key positions, especially up top. Vardy or Barnes could be the one who nicks it for them. I think we will deal with Maddison personally.
We've matched 2 counter attacking teams relatively comfortably and today will provide a different challenge against a quicker, more athletic team.

The consensus seems to be that they will have too much for us, and that may be the case, but I have a strong feeling that we will create as many problems for them as they do for us.

The difference could be that little bit of quality/experience that they have in key positions, especially up top. Vardy or Barnes could be the one who nicks it for them. I think we will deal with Maddison personally.
Nailed it
What tonight's lotto numbers?

of course disappointing to lose. but i thought we were fantastic. our aim is 17th, Leicester aim is 6th many pundits preseason had them top 6 & for most part wasnt much between teams which is breeds confidence. we can survive, the difference between a draw & defeat was cracking strike from barnes & brilliant save from a Premier League winning GK. Rodgers will know he was in a game today

as harsh wilder comments are about 2nd half. it is all about attitude & you got keep them hungry, cant let them think defeats ate good no matter how we great we played. he had a point 1st half we were poor in posession & gave it away cheaply. vardy goal was disappointing. finally on Mcgoldrick i love the guy he is fantastic player of the year, great at link up play but i just think he has to play of someone or be as a no 10 he isn't enough of a goal threat to be a no9 & lead the line

Just back from a curry & rub down. 1st half we were poor. Too negative & the wrong two upfront. They pinned us back with 3 v. 3, and we suffered. Norwood & McG particularly poor. 2nd half had a go, didn’t put the ball into the box quick enough. They see fairly open about how to beat them. McB is a Blades legend in the making. 4 points from 3 games is excellent, but it’s up to CW what we do from here.

First half I thought we were poor ,we stood off them way too much and let them play if do that against City or Liverpool we’ll get annihilated & very sloppy with passing .Second half a lot better closed them down and moved the ball quicker & more incisive , needed the change up top and I think McBurnie gave them that .
If we learn one thing from yesterday when Leicester got the ball wide they made sure they got that cross in early into the danger areas we we reverted to tippy tappy fucking about and they blocked the ball in .
The two times we actually got the cross in we scored & forced a good save from the keeper ( albeit ruled off side ) . Had a good start to season but a bit of a wake up call today .

UTB

Back
Top Bottom