Match Thread Sheffield United vs Chelsea - 11th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1594410532964.png v. 1594410539256.png
EPL Week 35 - Saturday 11th July 2020 - Bramall lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.499/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Andy Madley
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Replacement Official: Nick Barnard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1594410661483.png

We beat 'em so they're no great shakes!
Willian is in fine form so if you can shackle him like you did Traore, you'll have a chance.
And watch out for Pulisic. He's in good form but he's also very good at cheating.
And you know he's a cunt because he's got Pulis, in his name..
Best of luck!

Huge game and again one I don't expect us to win, but as this team has ever proven, expect the unexpected.

Chelsea are without Kante and Gilmore which should help us a bit as these players have helped them turn the form. We will need a big game from the whole team yet again to win this one, but Chelsea are dodgy at the back so we shouldn't be afraid of going at them to get a goal. The Chelsea defence is susceptible to make mistakes and being turned round, I don't know who Wilder will go with but I imagine it would be Mcburnie and Mcgoldrick if fit, hopefully Mcburnie can put in a shift and give the centre backs problems.

4 games left to go, no matter what happens we have had an amazing season, let's hope the lads can keep fighting through these last 4 games to make it a special end to the season.

Think this one will be difficult! They are 2nd in the league behind Man City in terms of attacking stats since the restart, averaging a chance ever 5.6 minutes (vs. us 14.2, worst in the league) and a 'big' chance every 28.2 mins (vs. us 94.8 mins).

Well, after that absolutely superb result, it's ramp it up to an even tougher game. Remarkably we remain in serious contention for European football competition, while equally in risk of a vaguely bottom half finish. These games are huge now, but it's nice to know what division we'll be in next season.....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Lundstram back fit?

Fleck still out?

McBurnie an absentee?

Lys a starter?

Multiple questions....

It's not until the likes of Bayern, Barcelona, RM or PSG are visiting the Lane where I'll consider a reverse result prediction lol, but I'd be pretty damn happy with a 1-1 today. JOC goal. Win? And dare to dream.

UTB

I am confident for this one (get's tin hat on) Most were bricking it for Wolves....I backed us and won a few pints😀I'd like to see Zivcokic and Mousset start. Put Lampost and his defence in a quandary methinks if only 45 mins. McB, should be in detention but he's been proving a right nuisance on the pitch recently so put him in also. May have a point to prove. Cricket first, time for a tinnie soon. Barmy Army et al! COYRAWW!

I’m confident we can get a result today. Chelsea are obviously brilliant going forward but we’ve got the 2nd best defence in the league and that’s not through luck.

Willian is the main danger. He’s in superb form! Today he will be up against JOC, Enda and Osborn.
Pulisic is another player with immense quality on the other flank. He’ll have to get past Bash, Baldock and the big Norwegian!
Backing both the Chelsea players up are Mount and Barkley. Again these are two highly gifted players. On current form I’d say Barkley is the biggest danger to us.
And of course if they do get through they’ve still got to beat Henderson.

This is where the Chelsea positives end though as far as I’m concerned. I’ve no idea who they’re going to play in the holding midfield role. Kante, Jorginho, Gilmore and even Kovacic are all out as it stands.

Zouma and James have looked very ordinary in defence. James being quite a surprise to me as I wanted him here in the summer. In their last two away games Chelsea have conceded 5 goals against West Ham and Palace. I honestly believe we can exploit the cracks in that defence.
I don’t consider us a set piece team in the slightest. But the Chelsea fans in their own omission are vulnerable... and I’ve just watched Egan smash in a towering header!! Couple that with our overloading of the flanks and constant balls whipped into the box gives us an advantage.

As always McBurnie will hassle the opposition defence. It would be great to see Didzy with him but I’m happy with whatever selection is made as the pairing.

The key battle today is the midfield. Norwood is looking like he’s back to his best. Osborn was arguably our MOTM on Wednesday, so tenacious he’s all over the pitch! And Sander is showing his true quality! I honestly believe we will have the edge in that battle within the battle today.

I believe we have the players to stifle the Chelsea attack and exploit their frailties at the back.
2-1 Blades! UTB!!

We’re a whopping 5/1 to win on bet365 if you fancy us!!

11-2 on Skybet... crazy price in my opinion!

I like the bet builder and will go with something like this...

Not going to bother with cards today cos the refs are just so hit and miss!

Attachments

• E6671AD0-76C1-4C18-B5BE-559C7E79EC90.png
    E6671AD0-76C1-4C18-B5BE-559C7E79EC90.png
    305 KB · Views: 28
We have had a good run with supporter confidence running higher than before wolves which is strange with Chelsea above them. But wolves and spurs were on poor runs and their quality didn't deliver. Not sure we can expect the same from Chelsea. Really hope Didsy is back as our creative spark which we missed big time v wolves. But I do fancy us on set pieces now, perhaps Jack will chip in. Maximum intensity needed which turnsinto a powerful mental edge in these closed door games at home. Bit of quality finishing, defence at its brilliant best and we can do it. Then Europe is really on the cards.

Be interesting to see what team is if we have a few back from injury. At some point some will need a rest. McZoomie looked shagged against wolves but I can see him getting a start..........he’s already got 12 points this week might as well have 3 more

Dont fancy choosing a winner today, could go either way in my eyes but I think Chelsea are better than some are giving credit.

Would like to see Mcburnie and Zivkovic start I think theis a bit of everything in that pairing but have a feeling it will be Sharp plus one other, Mcgoldrick if he’s fit I think.

Would take a draw, 3 points would be a brilliant result.
UTB

Very tough game this, we'll need to defend perfectly for the full 90 to get anything.

They are a little shaky defensively at times so if we can be creative and ask questions there's always a chance.

I hope we play as we always do . Respect the opposition but play confident in our own ability to get a result. We still dont realise how good we really are. A win will help that understanding

No surprise that Wilder puts his preferred strike partnership back in.

No Kante is a huge plus too.

With Fleck out that's our strongest first eleven imo. Difficult game today but not beyond us. UTB.

Back
Top Bottom