Match Thread Sheffield United v. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 14th Sept 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1599858740966.png v. 1599858748244.png
EPL Week 1 - Monday 14th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.509/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1599858891167.png

alot more positive after that 2nd half. i was dreading a bloodbath after 15 mins as that was as bad as ive seen us since southend we couldve been 4 down after 15 mins. we played well, got better as the game went on & ramsdale was great, look more than capable to replace henderson

but it is new season same problem we struggle to create at times & then we do, not clinical enough. we very rarely have anything to show for being the better team them half chances & openings. we have to put some of them away just like southampton & arsenal. wolves did & won the game that the premier league & i said post southampton as much as i have the upmost respect for him. billy sharp still being 1st choice terrified me. i know that has something to do with budget but what does that say about our scouting. same with lundstrum we could see by arsenal at emirates he was coming to the end & yet he starts today, i was shocked he was a starter today

i feel we wont go down, we can do well. but just not as well as last season

Last edited:

alot more positive after that 2nd half. i was dreading a bloodbath after 15 mins as that was as bad as ive seen us since southend we couldve been 4 down after 15 mins. we played well, got better as the game went on & ramsdale was great, look more than capable to replace henderson

but it is new season same problem we struggle to create at times & then we do, not clinical enough. we very rarely have anything to show for being the better team them half chances & openings. we have to put some of them away just like southampton & arsenal. wolves did & won the game that the premier league & i said post southampton as much as i have the upmost respect for him. billy sharp still being 1st choice terrified me. i know that has something to do with budget but what does that say about our scouting. same with lundstrum we could see by arsenal at emirates he was coming to the end & yet he starts today, i was shocked he was a starter today

i feel we wont go down, we can do well. but just not as well as last season

Highly doubt Lunstram would have started if Berge was fully fit

Most of our starting XI have played between 0 and 45 minutes together this preseason

Ramsdale - 45 against Dundee United before it got called off, new signing.
JOC - 0 minutes due to injury
Stevens, Egan, Fleck, McGoldrick - international duty and an injury for McG before he buggered off
McBurnie - had an injury and missed a lot of preseason

Window shuts on the 5th October, our new signings arrived a week ago.

Wolves did not play one pre season game

Always thought preseason could mean more hard training and not playing other teams, maybe that’s the way to go

Maybe, but by all accounts we did similar in lockdown and the players came back absolutely shagged with no match practice.

But wolves looked fresh unfortunately

I think they had a lot of rest tbf. Their 19/20 season started in July and finished 12 months later.

But I agree they were much sharper than us. I actually thought we could take advantage of their lack of match practice in the first 20 minutes which is why I couldn’t believe how sluggish we looked.

This is a good point, our strikers spend too long outside the danger area and Norwood spends too long playing where the centre halves should be.

Putting Berge in Norwoods position would make us a lot more dangerous going forward.

Norwood needs replacing I.M.O and I would give Ampadu the chance.

I'm assuming Lunny starts as Berge injured supposedly. Can't see Ampadu displacing anyone from the usual team sheet this early - could be wrong!
Yes I can. I think all 4 of the new signings will get on the pitch v Burnley.

Back
Top Bottom